Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Sai "BA" Nash, Morgukai survivor

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 am

Sai "BA" Nash, Morgukai survivor

Career: Hired Gun
Specialization: Marauder
Species: Kajain'sa'Nikto male
Experience: Starting XP: 120 (110XP + 10XP additional) / Total XP: 160 / Unspent XP: 5
Characteristics: Brawn 4 (5), Agility 3, Intelligence 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 3, Presence 1
Wound Threshold: 0/19, Strain Threshold: 0/13, Soak: 4 , Defense: 0/0
General Skills: Athletics 1, Coercion 1, Discipline 1, Resilience 1
Combat Skills: Brawl 1, Melee 2
Knowledge Skills:
Talents: Feral Strength 1, Frenzied Attack 1, Toughened 2

The Force
Enhance: Basic, Control [Resilience, Brawl, Brawn]

Equipment
Gear:
Armor:
Weapons:
Money: 1500
Encumbrance:

Appearance
Height: 1.85m
Build: Massive, muscular, solidly built
Hair colour: none
Eyes: yellow/red
Other: Tends to wear a lot of jewelry, cheap stuff mainly, but a lot of it on chains around his neck.

Personality

"I pity the fool that challenges me to a fight." - Sai Nash

Sai's earliest memories were of training in a hidden monastery on Kintan. The routine, aggressive physical training brings back what he considers happy memories, although many species would probably consider it abuse. His early life shaped how he sees problems, generally jumping to the conclusion that a good punch or a solid chop with a blade will fix any problem he is presented with.

As a result, Sai has sought to be accepted in other groups, first as muscle on a freighter, and then later in the Republic Military, where he hoped to hone his training and be able to eventually fight back against the Sith. During his time in the military he got the nickname, in High Galactic, of "BA", or "Bad Attitude" thanks to his willingness to call out officers if their commands made little sense to him or negatively impacted a comrade. Calling out often included physical elements, leading to many punishments over the years. His skill with the blade, though, led his superiors to keep him on. He possessed only mild skill with a gun, but his strength physical endurance was well above average.

Sai generally has a soft spot for kids, due to the catastrophe he faced as a child. He hopes to not let other children go through the same.

On the subject of Jedi, while he dislikes them due to his childhood training, he's softened to them since seeing what the Sith are like versus what the Jedi are like. He still doesn't trust them, seeing them as child stealing cultists, but the irony of him disliking a group like that isn't fully lost on him. On the subject of the Force itself, Sai seeks to deny its pull on him, although deep down he knows he can feel it regardless of his denial.

He does value the Republic, and tries to do what he can to help people, although his temper often gets him into problems.

Story

Born on Kintan 25 years ago, Sai Pash was the son of a low ranking Morgukai warrior. He was selected early in his life as a new recruit thanks to his impressive physical skills. Strangely, though, his physical skill came in waves, sometimes pushing him above the other kids, other times causing him to merely match the other kids. He didn't know it then, but it was his burgeoning connection to the Force allowing him to intermittently improve his physical capabilities.

He trained at the monastery for 5 years, from his 8th to 13th birthday. One day, in his 13th year, the Sith Empire came to Kintan. They delivered an ultimatum, serve them or die. The eldest Morgukai there definitely said no, and the entire monastery readied to face the Sith in battle. However, the Sith simply decide to shell the monastery from orbit and left.

Sai crawled from the ashes, stumbling away from the burning wreck of his home. He soon found work on a Hutt owned freighter, and stayed on for several years, learning some more fighting skills, although much more visceral rather than technique based as his childhood training was. It was on this freighter that an old woman found him and told him she "sensed" something in him. She taught him how to breathe and focus to gather strength, to bolster his strength and endurance. She clearly knew his background, though, as she waited to tell him it was the Force he drew on until she left the freighter. Sai was horrified at first by what he was using for strength, but quickly a sense of pragmatism settled in. If he didn't train more with the "Force", he could use the gifts he had but still stay true to his heritage.

This choice, though, was tested when he learned of all the Sith were doing in the galaxy. He left the freighter and joined the Republic military to hopefully stand and protect others from Sith aggression.

... [more here once I figure out how Sai is gonna be tied in to the rest]
Last edited by Doctor Who on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Sai "BA" Nash, Morgukai survivor

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:54 am

OMG I love him. I think Alamy will like him, too. They share the BA thing, and she's pretty young, so she's impressionable.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:58 am

I'm hoping that over time someone convinces him to be more open to the Force, but we'll see how this goes. :D Going for Foresight, maybe, or maybe whatever cool thing will come out in Unlimited Power. The Alchemy tree in that sounds perfect for another specialization for a melee fighter, able to buff their weapons (I hope)
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 am

"I pity the FOO, that messes with me!" :-D

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:25 am

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 am
"I pity the FOO, that messes with me!" :-D
I don't know what kind of accent Nikto language has :P

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 am

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 am

I'll probably figure out contractions and vocal ticks for Sai as the game goes on, once I get a chance to play him.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 pm

I haven't had a chance to review the crunch ye th but everything else looks good. We are about to jump forward in tome so how you meet the team is up to you.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Meeting us in prison seems a safe bet. :)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:51 pm

I'll probably have him be court martialed for assaulting an officer that was part of the team that got you all sent to prison.

Sai can have been your friend from during training.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 pm

I like that. Maybe Sai was working on our behalf behind the scenes without us even knowing it. In retaliation, he gets lumped in as an accomplice, maybe. That would also lump you in with us in the "framed for a crime they didn't commit" bit.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Yeah, I'll have Sai hear about your predicament, try to help, get into a fight, and get court martialed to prison and end up with you all there. I just need to add the finishing touches of who he knows best in the party

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:10 pm

So money, I just get the starting 500 and the roll for 1d100 extra credits?

I'll probably drop the +10 Xp for +5 and +1000 credits

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:02 am

that is correct. I haven't had a chance to run the numbers but trust you know the system well enough that the build is correct. Your character is approved once you make the final changes.

Return to “Character Concepts”