Defense: 0/0
Encumbrance: 4/12

Brawn: 2
Agility: 2
Intellect: 4
Cunning: 3
Willpower: 2
Presence: 2

Skills: (All career) Deception 1, Perception 1, Stealth 1, Skulduggery 1, Computers 2, Mechanics 2, Charm 1, Discipline 1
(GM Grant career skill: Mechanics 1)

Talents:
GM Grant: Well Rounded (Charm, Discipline)
Mental Tools: Always counts as having the right tools for the job, when performing Mechanics checks.

Species Abilities:
Additional Career Skills: May train in two additional career skills.
Genetically Engineered: Arkanian Offshoots may choose to suffer 1 Strain to receive [BOOST] to a single Brawn- or Agility-based check on their turn.

Force Powers:
Influence: The character may attempt to guide, shape, and even twist the thoughts and feelings of others.
Special Rule ([FORCEPOINT] use): When guiding and shaping thoughts, only [FORCEPOINT] generated from Dark Points may be used to generate negative emotions such as rage, fear, and hatred. Only [FORCEPOINT] generated from Light Points may be used to generate positive emotions such as peace, tranquility, and friendliness. Other emotions such as confusion, can be created with either.
The character may spend [FORCEPOINT] to stress the mind of one living target he is engaged with, inflicting 1 strain.

Enhance: When making an Athletics check, the Force user may roll an Enhance power check as part of the pool. The user may spend [FORCEPOINT] to gain a Success or Advantage (user's choice) on the check.
  • Control - Coordination: Enhance can be used with the Coordination skill.
Move: The user can move small object via the power of the Force.
The user may spend [FORCEPOINT] to move one object of silhouette 0 that is within short range up to his maximum range. The default maximum range is short range.

Sense: The Force User can sense the Force interacting with the world around him.
The user may spend [FORCEPOINT] to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings).
The user may spend [FORCEPOINT] to sense the current emotional state of one living target with whom he is engaged.

Armor

Heavy Clothing (Soak 1, Defensive 0, Rarity 0, Enc. 1, HP 0)

Equipment

Utility Belt (Rarity 0; Enc 0; 25cr; Increase Ecumbrance Threshold by 1)
Datapad (Rarity 1; Enc 1; 75cr;)
Dataspike (Rarity 3; Enc 1; 100cr; Adds [BOOST][BOOST] to any Computers check made to slice computers. Adds [BOOST] to any attempt to locate the use of a data breaker in a computer system.)
Backpack (Rarity 1; 50cr; Increase Encumbrance Threshold by 4)
Stimpack

Weapons

Fusion Cutter (175cr; Dam 5, Crit 3, Range: Engaged; Rarity 2; Enc 2; Breach 1, Burn 3, Sunder, Vicious 3)

Background
Anjali was bred in captivity. Not a creature at a zoo, but monitored and studied no less. Arkanians love to experiment with genetic combinations and mutations. In Anjali's case, they had mixed the genes of an Arkanian with the genetic material taken from a Human Jedi Master, although the Arkanians were not aware of his connection to the Force. Had they been, they might have drawn a connection between Anjali and the headaches observing scientists around her often suffered. The scientists were much too engrossed in measuring her prodigal intellectual skills. At age 4, she couldn't sleep one night, and so disassembled the computer, datapads, and the hapless service droid in her room. At age 7, she was writing her own custom software and twice successfully hacked into the scientists' own monitoring devices. By age 10, she had assembled a functional astromech droid from spare parts.

She also was devious. This took longer for the scientists to discover, as her experimental malware was excellently disguised and programmed with a self-deleting protocols in the event of discovery. Once her secret was known, however, opportunity for exploitation was too obvious, and tempting, to ignore.

At age 13, after thorough training and social grooming on manipulative techniques, Anjali took her first "consulting" job for a local merchant. This was just a trial run, a proof-of-concept for her Arkanian handlers. No one looked twice at the sweet, young, innocent girl, except to perhaps marvel at her blue eyes. She was easily trusted to repair the disabled droid (her rate was so cheap!), after all, what could be feared from such a pretty one? The droid was repaired as expertly as any machine shop, and the owner was quite pleased...and oblivious to the clandestine surveillance and remote command devices that had also been installed.

The unqualified success of her first mission emboldened her handlers to contract her out to increasingly more powerful, lucrative,...and dangerous clientele. Planet administrators, governors, royalty, even Senators, were unwitting victims of industrial and political espionage; unwitting, until their sensitive information showed up in a blackmail letter.

But no one ever asked Anjali what *she* wanted, or if *she* was happy. She had no credits to her name, no family, no advocate -- no one cared about her. She was trapped in this lifestyle, with no means or prospect of escape. Not that it was all bad. Her handlers provided luxury accommodations to her and treated her well enough (after all, she was their golden goose). Anjali's only solace came in working with whatever technology she could get her hands on, and her handlers were happy to facilitate, as it only honed her skills more for their nefarious purposes. Besides, most of the people Anjali victimized were awful and corrupt, so she couldn't really feel bad for them.

There was one planet that Anjali was always fond of visiting, for on it was an older woman with whom she had become well acquainted. This human woman, Rahdika, lived in the same high rise as many of Anjali's "clients". Rahdika noticed Anjali when she was only 15, and made a point to engage her, not for her outer appearance or her reputation as a genius tech, but for something else she sensed hidden deep inside her. What started as brief visits for tea, became longer sessions of introspection, meditation, and guidance. Rahdika sensed the strength of the Force in Anjali, and gradually she helped Anjali harness it and focus it. Anjali's power of the mind extended beyond just her innate intelligence, but could be extended outward, affecting other beings. Anjali found that her natural strength, already improved by the Arkanian meddling, could be enhanced even further through the Force. Of course, Rahdika didn't know that one of Anjali's thoughts was whether this would allow her sufficient strength to snap the necks of her handlers....

When Anjali turned 20, she had reached full maturity in her physical development, and some of her clients noticed. Anjali was already used to charming her clients with her pretty looks and disarming smiles, while she installed hidden malware in their computer systems. But now some of her clients were responding differently, leering at her and invading her personal space in very uncomfortable manners. That, it turned out, was the tip of a malevolent iceberg.

On her last trip to a Senator's office, she stumbled onto correspondence between him and her Arkanian handlers. They were discussing more business deals about her (not remarkable), but as she read further she was horrified to discover that the parameters of her "services" were about to change drastically. No longer were her intellectual gifts desired, but rather her physical "gifts", and her handlers were already negotiating the finer details of their fee! Without a doubt, she was no more than a resource, to be exploited to its fullest for as long as possible.

Anjali knew that it was time to run. She would die before she let some sleazy slimeball put his hands on her. But where could she go? She decided that discretion was no longer a priority for her in this situation. With great urgency, she ransacked his office, stealing 50 credits he had carelessly left exposed. Grabbing the only tools and equipment she could carry with her, she hastily exited before he could arrive back, and went on the run. In a back alleyway, she used a medical scalpel to dig the Arkanian tracking device out of her leg. She took pleasure in the pain. It was the pain of liberty, of freedom. The device found a new home in a passerby's satchel, but where could her home be?

Description
Anjali is 5'6", with a slender frame. At a glance, her physiology appears human, except perhaps for the nearly glowing whiteness of her hair. Beautiful, by Human and Arkanian standards, Anjali's bright white hair highlights her vividly radiant blue eyes. But there can be a coldness behind those eyes. Try to take advantage of her, and you will regret it.

Morality (50)

Righteousness:
The character takes anger, and instead of suppressing it, uses it to fuel work. Pushing harder allows him to advocate for those who can't do so for themselves. For Anjali, who has felt the sting of enslavement and objectification, she has a soft spot for those in similar circumstances.

Cold-heartedness:
The drive to achieve her goals can cause Anjali to set aside any concepts of compassion, unless she happens to identify personally with the subject. In life there are casualties; whether Anjali is the source of it is of little consequence: it was going to happen anyway.

Credits: 3
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Starting Credits:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+=3

OggDude export:
(XML) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Iya ... jVLNzVJWEE
(PDF) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Iya ... kFqUkUyRVU
Last edited by Flamiel on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

Trip
Flyboy

Re: Anjali - Sentinel Artisan

Post by Trip » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am

For her background, I am trying to see how it will tie in with the "A Team" theme. Is she part of the existing squad and part of the republic army? Or is this someone that they will meet and she will join their cause (like SavageBobs PC)?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:23 am

I can go either way there; whichever is easiest to tie in. My idea was that she escaped captivity, sort of a human-trafficking situation. She was bred for high intelligence, and was then utilized as a crack programmer and mechanic, hired out to Core powerbrokers. When she came of age, she discovered that the next phase of her "utilitization" was going to focus on her physical traits, not her mental gifts, and so she ran.

It could be that she hooked up with the A-Team: they sort of sheltered her, while she lent them her expertise. Or, if the A-Team is looking to escape a situation, she could be nearby with some ship she stole as part of her own getaway. She needs protection, and they need a ship + mechanic.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:24 am

What if she is being held captive by Sixxkiller in his lair? They rescue her and she helps them?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:41 am

Maybe she could be loosely based on Tia Fulbright from the original show? Tia was the daughter of one of the team's nemeses, an American war criminal, whom she wanted to kill—even though he had no idea she was his daughter. Maybe in this case, it's a corrupt Arkanian Republic general? She winds up illegally in the US, which would mesh with your idea that Anjali is escaped and wanted. In this case, she was with the team due to their mutual pursuit of her father (or whomever the analog would be in your case).

Tia's sort of a Scout/Martial Artist in the series, but you could borrow from the background of the character while keeping the techie angle instead.

ETA: In this case, maybe she's been kidnapped by Sixxkiller while in pursuit of this enemy, even if the guys don't know he's their enemy yet? (Or disregard all of this. Just brainstorming.)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:56 am

Updated with the first run of the background. Sorry for the length, I had a lot on my mind.

The background ends with her just now being on the run. I left out planet names; those can be filled in to suit our purposes. Coruscant and Nar Shadaa would both be easily doable.

I'm totally cool with her being captive. She has mental skills that would be valuable, but her outward appearance would make her a target for slime balls, too.

I need to check the main story thread to see where the group is. She could also be in the process of hacking the security on a ship to steal, when the group, also in a hurry to escape something, comes upon her.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:00 am

Trip, ShadoWarrior mentioned sending an XML export from OggDudes. Does this website handle attachments like that?

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 am

I store mine on Google drive and just add the link via the link button in the full editor and preview.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:29 am

Done.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:27 am

Ok, I'm caught up on the IC thread. Looks like having Anjali stealing a starship won't make much sense for the story right now, but having her be a captive of Sixxkiller might be a loooong wait.

Alamy is currently in a speeder; if it were to, say, break down, she'd be in a big hurry to get it going again. Anjali would be on the run, looking for more mobility, and would be looking to make some credits to help her cause (not that Alamy would really have to pay her - the promise of payment would be enough, and it could later be waived for some in-story reason, like a life-saving event). Alamy might not have the right tools for the fix, but Anjali, with Mental Tools talent, could more quickly do the job and get them back in pursuit.

The irony is, looking at Alamy's char sheet, there are a lot of similarities between our characters. They interests and goals might coincide well.... 8-)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:44 am

Ugh, I just realized that OggDudes removes your GM Grants when you uncheck the "Allow GM Grants" option. I updated the XML export link, and also added the PDF printout.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 am

Hmm, reading some other posts, I'm seeing references to people rolling a d100 for starting credits. I didn't see that rule listed anywhere. Did I miss it? Does that replace the standard 500 credits at char creation?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:11 am

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 am
Hmm, reading some other posts, I'm seeing references to people rolling a d100 for starting credits. I didn't see that rule listed anywhere. Did I miss it? Does that replace the standard 500 credits at char creation?
Spend or save the 500cr. Roll 1d100 for pocket change, so to speak. It's CRB stuff.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:56 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:11 am
Flamiel wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 am
Spend or save the 500cr. Roll 1d100 for pocket change, so to speak. It's CRB stuff.
Derp, didn't know that. :oops: I've done 8 characters in this system so far, and this is the first time the GM has had me do it that way. Learn something new every day. In that case, I'll use the leftover 50 to add on a backpack.

LOL, and Rider gives me 3 whole credits! Whooo!! That's fitting, in a way.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Starting Credits:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+=3

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 am

Page 98 of the EotE core rule book, 1st paragraph.
"Characters keep any unspent credits when they start the game. In addition, once the player has fin­shed spending his starting credits, he rolls 1d 100. His character gains this many additional credits as "pocket money" at the beginning of the game. This additional money may not be spent during character creation."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

money, money, money...

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:21 am

I guess it 'ultimately' does not matter how the GM doles out credits, but it is good to follow the rules. Once things become increasingly arbitrary, players can tend to become increasingly disinterested, in my experience.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 am

Oh yeah, I'm not arguing at all. I prefer to know what the correct rules are. :)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 am

I'm cool with merging Alamy and Anjali's introductions if that's more expedient. Not sure how long Trip thinks it'll be before we get to the warehouse where, otherwise, Anjali would be held captive.

Also, I totally thought you'd created Anjali to be a kind of mirror to Alamy, Flamiel. One looks angelic, the other looks demonic; one's grown up wanting for nothing, the other's been a trafficked slave... If you didn't do that intentionally, it makes for some great dramatic balance. :)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:29 am

LOL, no that was not intentional. I did use your character post as a template for mine, however. I also noticed that our starting characteristics are nearly identical, except that we've flipped INT and CUN. I also read your motivation, morality, and backstory, and noticed the potential for symbiosis there.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:27 am
Ok, I'm caught up on the IC thread. Looks like having Anjali stealing a starship won't make much sense for the story right now, but having her be a captive of Sixxkiller might be a loooong wait.

Alamy is currently in a speeder; if it were to, say, break down, she'd be in a big hurry to get it going again. Anjali would be on the run, looking for more mobility, and would be looking to make some credits to help her cause (not that Alamy would really have to pay her - the promise of payment would be enough, and it could later be waived for some in-story reason, like a life-saving event). Alamy might not have the right tools for the fix, but Anjali, with Mental Tools talent, could more quickly do the job and get them back in pursuit.

The irony is, looking at Alamy's char sheet, there are a lot of similarities between our characters. They interests and goals might coincide well.... 8-)
I am good with that merge of the two PCs. Or she could already be partnered up with her as her assistant. Like a two woman investigation team.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm fine either way. Could be part of a mutual backstory: Anjali needed shelter and Alamy needed mechanical assistance, so favors traded. Or we can RP it. Whatever GM and Bob want to do.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm

I kind of like keeping investigation as Alamy's unique schtick, so why don't we make this the ladies' first meeting, as well? The bad motivator in the speeder is one possibility, but Trip may have other ideas, too.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm
I kind of like keeping investigation as Alamy's unique schtick, so why don't we make this the ladies' first meeting, as well? The bad motivator in the speeder is one possibility, but Trip may have other ideas, too.
I am cool with that.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Trip wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 pm
SavageBob wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm
I am cool with that.
As am I. Anjali probably doesn't really give a hoot about investigating folks, but she could be a source of juicy information for Alamy.... ;-)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 am

Trip, So I just thought of something, if the mentor -5xp bonus applies to all Basic Force powers, could I just go ahead and add the Farsight power to my character as well, as that would essentially be free? I don't see anything in the CRB that there is a minimum cost there.

I'd also be interested peeling away two of the Enhance upgrades to apply to the basic Move and Sense powers, if that's okay.

Return to “Character Concepts”