Use LS
Use DS
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Guild Headquarters Discussion

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:37 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:33 am
Your pick either could work. Sorry for the delay.
What's his Discipline? Coerce and Deception both use Discipline for the difficulty.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:08 am

Just poking in, but you could say it was against a knowledge Xenology if you are trying to play off the Aqualish tradition angle.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:23 pm

Deepspacer I'll wait for your roll before posting. Let's say average difficulty.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:58 pm

kanila wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:08 am
Just poking in, but you could say it was against a knowledge Xenology if you are trying to play off the Aqualish tradition angle.
Not a bad idea. Only, there ISN'T a traditional code of honor ritual combat The Aqualish. ;) I think I am certainly trying to to taunt him while also fooling him. Even if he does not buy that a honor fight even exists, he just might have enough pride to want a piece of me 1-on-1.

Thanks for lurking!! ;) I've been doing the same, observing the harem Achex is forming.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:19 pm

But that’s why I would say Deception vs xeno knowledge. You are trying to fake something that he would know is false if he knew the Xenology knowledge.

Haha, yea the harem is definitely strong there, except of course my new mechanic haha.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Destiny Points 5/0??? I think we were at 2/3 Feb 18th. I am spending one to taunt this guy, since it is so important (IMO) to keep him occupied.

DP's 1 LS / 4 DS

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:48 pm

I have a history for the force pool but it does not appear to be working. I'll have to look into that.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:23 pm

The dp contest takes a moment to refresh but appears correct.

That is his response to accepting the challenge. Your initiative turn.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Dancing about, wasting time!!! Making a good display of things!! 2 Successes!!!

If all goes well, then hostilities will break out and this guy will realize he's been had, perhaps. Or, maybe he will think Gonan and the new emergency are NOT connected? Maybe Streetwise check for him to make the connection, if we get there?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:52 pm

That is awesome. I w want to think for a bit before posting a reply. Very funny though.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:32 am

Crazy week sorry for the delays.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 pm

swrider wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:32 am
Crazy week sorry for the delays.
I think its been super slow across the gaming world. Almost nil activity PBP, email, gaming table.... Tuesday game cancelled out.

I was working on a 1d100 random item table for SW FFG. Almost done with that. Not all-encompassing, but most all encum 0-1 items on one list, sub-tables for weapons and grenades. Dabbled in a some encum 2 items listings. Higher rolls = more rare or restricted items. I used it once last week for two players and they rolled "Thermal Detonator" ( 1 in 100 chance) and a DVI vehicle controller. Great...... a Thermal Detonator....

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Sorry for the delay. I started posting yesterday but was pulled away by kids. I'll get something up in the other game soon. They waist whatever initiative they would have had making you dance. You get to surprise them.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:49 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 pm
Sorry for the delay. I started posting yesterday but was pulled away by kids. I'll get something up in the other game soon. They waist whatever initiative they would have had making you dance. You get to surprise them.
It has been about a two-week 'delay' for everyone on the board. Don't know what is going on. Shadow was even late on TotOR. It happens.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:09 am

swrider wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:14 pm
:

I couldn't remember but you have melee armor don't you? Is so I'll add a setback. Otherwise you get a boost on your next attack.
No, I have Padded Armor (+2 Soak), no defense. I'll take the Boost Die.

Was it a minion group? My turn, then?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:39 am

Yes it is a minion group (have to keep you guessing) and it is your turn.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:26 am

3 Adv again!

If the opponent goes down, the 3 adv for: Free Maneuver to take cover (2) and +1 Strain recovery.

If people come shooting this turn, then +1 Ranged defense.

If the opponent is up, then inflict a critical injury.
Spoiler:
Gonan; Red Death; Critical Roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+0=45

"Bowled Over: Knocked prone and suffer 1 strain"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 am

OOPS!! I added two Setback dice, not two upgrades!! Rerolling difficulty.
Removed SB, added Red Die = same result.

Sorry, I thought running down the alley was the guy running AT me. He is running AWAY from me.

Is it THEIR action, now, or do they just suppression fire as he runs? If so, next round at Medium range?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:23 pm

They will continue with the suppression fire. The guy who is running will start to doge and weave trying to avoid your fire +1 setback.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:08 am

MISSED!!! My weapon is only medium range. This guy will be long range before I can shoot again. This leaves me with advancing to the two men laying down cover fire, I think.

4 Advs: 3 Advs, gain +1 Ranged Defense until end of next turn. 1 Adv: -1 Strain

In PF/D&D, there'd be 'Attacks of Opportunity' should I run by them. But, if the guy keeps running, we're at the same pace. That is, unless I initiate a chase scene and take the hits from the men firing at me. I think I'll do that.

Notes I had on Chases. Someone else wrote them, but I thought they explained it well.
Spoiler:
Every turn, each participant in the chase first gets the option to declare a secondary action, or skip it. Success on the action can either give bonuses, clear up environmental penalties or guide the chase in a particular direction, all depending on what you do. For instance, I once had a player roll Coercion while chasing through a crowd to get them to disperse faster, removing Setbacks from the chase pool.

Chase Skill: Athletics (usually). The difficulty is equal to the skill of the one being chased, upgraded once for every range band between him and the people chasing him past short (so while at medium range, upgrade once).

Success means you move one range band closer, usually I make it two range bands at 3+ successes (advantages and triumphs I prefer spent on other things). Failure means you move range bands back in the same way.

Repeat until you end up Engaged, or get too far away.
Looks like, if I started next round, long range away, that my Athletics difficulty would be the opponent's Athletics dice pool, upgraded twice for two range bands away. Plus, the two guarding men would get a attack on me, maybe with a Boost for me not trying to dodge them much.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:47 am

Off Topic
chase sceen sounds good. Let's do average difficulty upgraded twice. The upgrades will represent the good fitting at you as they chase you. A dispair and they hit or three threats. Sorry for the delay I crashed after a work trip. Just exhausted my wife was too so we were probably fighting of a cold.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:32 pm

No problems. We went through the dual-cold thing about two weeks ago.

2 Successes, 1 Threat, 1 Triumph,
Success means closing a range band. Chases, pg 241 Edge CRB. It doesn't say much. A write-up suggests 3 Successes means another range band. I'd like the Triumph to be closing an additional range band, if it fits with the story. Though, it is somewhat improbable to "run" two range bands, but it is cinematic. Alternatively, a Triumph could be being able to get a blaster shot off. OR, the opponent goes into a Dead End!!!! That is also cinematic!!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 pm

Will try to coerce into submission, but looks like even two purple dice (the minimum Discipline, I suspect) will net him at least ONE success. I could possibly get boost dice on Brawl from the leftover advantages. Perhaps he refuses to submit, but is quaking in his boots? Maybe thinks his nearby henchmen will come to his aid?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:51 am

The bad guy will have quite a head start. I have a hope of using two rounds to get the bike into the air. This warehouse was about 2 stories tall. This is a warehouse district. Hopefully I can get airborne and use the bike speed to catch up.
- bike may be damaged
- might need a pilot check if the alleys are tight or I need to fly above or in between buildings
- might need a perception check to pick up the trail again.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun May 09, 2021 4:29 pm

Are you waiting on me in this game?

Return to “Discussion”