Session 1: The Initiate

Forum rules
Image
Use LS
Use DS
User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Session 1: The Initiate

#1

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:06 am

Gonan was pleased to have passed the initiation trial The Red Death put him through. At first, he was cross that the guild members got a sense of entertainment from his ordeal, but he decided to make it a personal test of fortitude and strength (which he excels at!).

Working in this guild will be better than spending time in prison. He owes The Red Death that. They got him out of there. The planetary security forces didn't look kindly to his belligerent and brutal ways. Being stranded on a new planet without any credits is a tough life. The authorities on Ando shipped him off on that garbage transport without giving it a second thought. If he ever gets his hands on those who did it......they'll pay dearly!!

The guild has given him an opportunity to pursue some higher-profile bounties. He feels that he has earned that right. It sure beats collecting on those 50 and 100 credit bounties the locals offer. And, looking at the competition within the guild, he feels superior to those around him (however ignorant that thought may be!).

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#2

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:22 am

The guild headquarters was little more than a ready establishment. However they did have access to the bounty lists. A skinny reptilian alien manned the guard deck at the front, when Gonan arrived. The guard flagged Gonan over and handed him a data pad, inside was a picture of the sort bike in question, a description of the person who was last seen with it along with the riders known associates and hangouts. Several local cantinas, a mechanics shop, and a house of ill repute were all listed. special instructions, instead that the bike eased either to be destroyed completely out recovered, the rider could be handled likewise.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#3

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:02 am

"Hmmmm.....this is GOOD! VERY good!!! Meeeennnny credits!!!"

He does not think much of the thin reptilian who handed him the pad. If 'HE' were a dangerous being like Gonan, then HE'D be going after these bounties!! He thinks to himself, A HUTT!!!! My chance to make myself known! Does not look hard. Man on bike. Nessle Sheplin.....Nessle Sheplin.....

Gonan will make his way to the mechanics shop listed.
Spoiler:
Gorga the Hutt is offering a 6000 bounty for the acquisition of ship wanted for: piracy Acquisition to be: Dead/ Destroyed Known Threat Level: none Previously Researched Information available. Ship: Aratech 74-Z-Speeder Bike Registration number: oWz-32-3aL9 Piloted by: Nessle Sheplin

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#4

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Gonan is quickly able to locate the shop. Its presence was well advertised probably in an effort to drum up business. An effort that is immediately understood when one sees the building. Rusted panels, beat up siding and Grafitti adore the building. A large metal gate covers the primary entrance allowing for a substantial chain to lock the building tight. Protective barries also can be seen which covert the dark tinted windows, partially themselves covered in graffiti. The sign on the front entrance indicates the store is closed, but the windows are not covered and the gate is still open. Nearing the door close enough to read the sign allows Gonan to hear the faint sound of screaming coming from somewhere the shop interspaced with the sounds of machinery operating.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#5

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:19 pm

'Sounds like trouble' he mumbles to himself. He equips himself with both brass knuckles and vibro-knuckles, on on each hand. He'll try to move silently, enter the gate, and s-l-i-d-e along nearby walls toward the sound, and listen for more details. He doesn't hear much more. The acoustics of this place are terrible!
Spoiler:
Gonan; Red Death; Perception & Stealth Rolls (Same dice) :

GM can roll difficulties.

MOVE SILENTLY....STEALTH
2 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImage

Gonan; Red Death; Perception & Stealth Rolls (Same dice) :

[PERCEPTION]
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImage

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#6

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:28 pm

The inside of the shop is ladled with parts from various land vehicles. All used but in various conditions. Gonan fins several speeder bikes is various stages of being disabled and sees discarded tools and blood splattered about around them. The sounds of screaming are now louder and are coming from a room near the rear of the shop, the power equipment also appears to originate in that area.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#7

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 pm

"Someone's muscling in on MY bounty!!!" he says to himself. "I should be the one spilling blood around here!!"
Spoiler:
I corrected the labeled of those two rolls in the previous spoiler. The second should've been labeled Perception. I made a decent 2 Succ, 2 Adv roll w/o difficulty rolls.
Gonan jumps to the conclusion that someone's stealing his bounty out from under him. He only has a '1' Intellect. He'll jump around the corner ready to rumble!!!

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#8

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:31 pm

Gonan jumps around the corner finding even more blood and several bodies on the ground flashing lights can be seen coming from the back room accompanies by the sound of a torch and screaming. The lights flicker off and you can hear the screems get muffled before a clam {calm} :lol: voice asks where is the speeder bike

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#9

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:19 pm

A trembling voice responds Not here yet

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#10

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:11 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:19 pm
A trembling voice responds Not here yet
Gonan will pause for a few seconds more. Perhaps he will say WHEN it is coming, and by whom. Again, they may be doing his work for him! {{edit}} (He's not the brightest or most cunning character, so this is one way to get things done outside of his lack of social talents.)

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#11

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:49 pm

You hear the torch flare up again and the person. Ask when it should be here. it should be arriving any time now.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#12

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Time to go in!!!! If the bike is going to get dropped off, then there has to be at least ONE legitimate employee alive to make things look normal. Gotta save this guy and any others who are left.

(My Cool to jump in was '0 success, 2 adv. Unless I get the jump on them.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#13

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Spoiler:
you get the Jump on them. Three guys two big ones with blasters one holding a torch. Another is tired to a chair with numerous burns and a few missing digits

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#14

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:56 pm

Gonan rushes in and lunges at the men, both fists flailing and taking careful aim on the first guy.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: move in
Maneuver: Aim (+2 Strain)
Action: two-handed action (+1 Diff)

Gonan; Red Death; Two-Fisted Attack w/DP:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sheesh!!!!! No successes on 4 dice!

5 Damage (Pierce 1) before Soak.
-1 Threat = +1 strain

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#15

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:21 pm

One of the thugs wielding a weapon falls back slightly under the onslaught and stumbles to catch his balance before turning to attack Gonan with the buttstock of his weapon.
Spoiler:
NPC:
0 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImage

Passing 1 advantage to next to act and a second to the same person.
The swing goes wild but forces gonan to open himself up to incoming fire

The other armed thugs moves to the far side of the room and fires at gonan,
Spoiler:
NPC:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

9 + 2 = 11 damage - soak
Pass boost die to next to move.
The blast leaps forward striking Gonan right in the side

The guy with the torch turns on his heels and attempts to strike gonan with it.
Spoiler:
NPC:
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImage

6 damage (breach 1) (-10 soak)
Spoiler:
NPC; Add inaccuracy:
1 Failure, 0 Advantage
The torch strikes Gonan cutting into his flesh. The flames reeling back and catching the wielder's hand causing him to drop the instrument.
Off Topic
Gonan I believe is now above his WT, If this is so please narrate him passing out.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#16

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 am

{{{Not looking good for the big Aqualish!!! He doesn't give up, though! The DIS-advantages of playing solo.....no one else to take the hits!!!}}}

Gonan renews his attacks, grabbing and swinging wildly with both hands, taking particular aim at the guy with the weapon (butt strike).
Spoiler:
AIM
Two-Weapon Combat +1 Diff

Gonan; Red Death; Brawling Roll w/ DP & Aim:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2 Advs = hit with second hand!!!
1st Hit: 7 Damage (1 Pierce) before Soak
2nd Hit: 7 Damage before Soak
Off Topic
Wound Threshold: 12/15
11D - 5 Soak = +6
6D (Breach) = +6

DP's at: 1 LS / 4 DS
Spoiler:
Wow! I guess it is three Rivals or three minions rather than a group of minions? As a Player, I might recognize that I am out-matched since it is not a minion group! But, to the character, he does not tend to back down.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#17

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 pm

The thug goes down hard and gonan is able to strike the one previously holding the tourch with his second weapon.

The now hand to hand attacker flails at gonan wildly not landing a single blow and obscuring the shot for the other attacker.
Spoiler:
Npc:
0 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImage

One setback to allies next attack.
Spoiler:
Npc:
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage
A blaster bolt glances by you and the thug attemps to not hit his counterpart.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#18

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:48 am

Gonan sizes this unarmed guy up real well for a final blow (aim). He's going to try boot or throw this one man into the other, hopefully disrupting his shot. I can't let this guy pick up the torch b/c I can go down with a burn from that (Breach 1). At least I can Soak a blaster shot. If I get some good dice (Tri, Advs...), then I want to get the guy untied to help me.

Pure Pazaak!!!

I hit the unarmed guy with Brawl for 7 Damage. With 2 Adv I'd like to activate the knockdown quality. With the Triumph, I'd like throw the unarmed guy into the other guy to either knock him down or disarm him. Preferably, to disarm him. I can take brawl damage, but not another carbine/rifle blast.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Brawl w/ DP (Last one used, now at 0 LS)

Gonan; Red Death; Brawl Check w/DP:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

7 Brawl Damage before Soak
2 Adv: Activate Knockdown
1 Triumph: Either Knockdown (again) or Disarm the opponent.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#19

Post by swrider » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm

The force of gonan blows knock the second thug unconcious and push him backwards into the first. The remaining g thug moves to push his ally's body aside and gets his rifle tangled in some clothing pulling it from his hands as the body and rifle fall to the floor on the ground directly in front of himself but still closer to gonan than the thug would like.

Seeing the beating that goNan has survived and how quickly he took out the others the thug rushes for the door heading out as quickly as possible.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#20

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Gonan gives a step towards the door and then stops himself. His instincts say to pursue the man and hunt him like quarry. But then, HE is not the one with a bounty on him. And, it is not important (to him) WHO sent these guys. More important things lie in wait.

Gonan quickly grabs the fusion cutter and cuts the man's ropes off.

"You're welcome," he grumbles.

He'll wait for a reaction. He'll wait to see if the man is a gracious man or not. Gonan expects some gratitude from him. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#21

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:05 am

The man is barely conscious, " thank you". He attempts to get out of the chair but collapses back into it.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#22

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:19 am

Gonan will do a quick search of the bodies for weapons and, specifically, stim packs. He'll grab the blasters and fusion cutter to put it out of reach of the captive. Given the roll, I guess he gets anything obvious. If he finds stims, he applies them.
Spoiler:
Gonan; Red Death; Perception Roll:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#23

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 pm

Gonan searches the bodies and finds four used stim cartridges and a single good cartridge, additionally he notices that each of the thugs is wearing the same emblem on their clothing.

User avatar
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate
Posts: 4669
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#24

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:02 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 pm
Gonan searches the bodies and finds four used stim cartridges and a single good cartridge, additionally he notices that each of the thugs is wearing the same emblem on their clothing.
Gonan applies the stim to himself. He uses the bladed edge of the vibroknuckles to cut off a patch. What is on it?
Spoiler:
I actually had TWO stims on me. I apply all three. +5+4+3...

Nothing on the Underworld check....

Gonan; Red Death; Underworld check :
1 Failure, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImage


User avatar
swrider
ISB Deputy Director
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Session 1: The Initiate

#25

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:19 am

Gonan vaguely remembers seeing the symbol before but does not now recognize it. He is interrupted by a banging sound on the front door.

Post Reply

Return to “Story”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests