Operation Medusa Infiltration Gavin Addair (Shado)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Operation Medusa Infiltration Gavin Addair (Shado)

Post by swrider » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:26 pm

Who? ... Who are you? the father sputters out in French.
Spoiler:
Remember if you give any of your cover story it would fall under the lie skill.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
"Do you really want to know, Father? If I tell you who I am I will put both of us in greatly more danger. But I am willing to tell you under the seal of the confessional. I should also mention that I am wounded. As are you. We can, and should, help one another." Gavin then quotes an appropriate Biblical passage pertaining to helping strangers.

Spoiler:
Total: 37
Bonus: 25
Character: Gavin Addair
Campaign: Ungentlemanly Warfare
Description: Memorization check
2D10= 12
individual rolls: 8, 4

Skill Increase Roll
ImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Gavin hears a sign coming from behind the door shortly before it opens. The father steps through but stopps suddenly. He looks you up and down for a minute seeing the blood being absorbed into your clothing. Come in and lie down, I have a first aid kit in here somewhere. Though I must admit your wound seems above my abilities.
Spoiler:
The father has no visible signs of injury. The blood seems localized to his feet.

The father has a 1d10+10 on first aid he can not beat the difficulty without your help. Go ahead and roll and you can add his conditional die to yours. You instruct him what to do.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
"The Church does not train its shepherds to treat the wounds of wolves. I am sorry that I frightened you, Father, but I could not remain idle while evil men killed an innocent. May I ask what you did, or refused to do, that led to an SS officer being seconds away from executing you?"

Spoiler:
Total: 67
Bonus: 35
Description: First Aid check
4D10= 32
individual rolls: 7, 7, 8, 0

Skill Increase Roll
ImageImage
+2 to skill, yay!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Spoiler:
Roll a 1d10 and subtract the result from your current wounds. You will heal an additional 1d10 each day until you are at full health (including the day the injury occurs).
My actions are protected by the seal of the confessional. I can not tell you what ired those men, but I thank you for your help. Is there someway I can repay your kindness?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 am

Gavin MacDonnell
"You just did. However, I don't suppose that you have a vehicle, or know someone who does, that can give me a lift to Paris? I can pay the driver for his trouble."

Spoiler:
Total: 3
Description: healing
1D10= 3
individual rolls: 3
3 down, 31 to go

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:49 am

Spoiler:
Ouch. Not the greatest healing roll, but the game is meant to be deadly.
Not at this time of the night, However, circumstances necessitate that I speak with the cardinal in Paris myself. I will have a driver take us there tomorrow. I assume those daemon's are still outside?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 am

Gavin MacDonnell
"Yes. There are three bodies to be buried. I will help you with that. And you should know that I am not a priest, despite my appearance. For the sake of both of us you must not tell anyone, not even the cardinal, that you met a stranger this night. Especially a man dressed as a priest. I am trusting you with this small portion of my secret because I do not wish to deceive you more than I must. I have risked more than you know, quite foolishly, simply because I could not do nothing as they murdered you. If you wish me to confess, and thus be bound by the seal, I will do so."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:56 am

The priest takes Gavin's confession.

We cannot stay here tonight. It is not safe. Let's attend to the business, though they may not be buried on consecrated ground. I know a place we can spend the night, and leave first thing in the morning. Others will see you if you accompany me.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:41 am

Gavin MacDonnell
Gavin assists the priest to dispose of the bodies. He then gathers his belongings, carefully repacking the Sten gun and sniper rifle, and follows the priest.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 pm

The priest makes his way through the woods to a small road. The two follow it for some time, until they approach a farm on the outskirts of a small town. The priest moves around the side of the house looking for something in the window. Seemingly satisfied he returns to the main door and knocks. The wait seems eternal, but after five minutes or so a large burly man answers the door. Sleep readily apparent in his eyes. Seeing the Father he quickly wakes up and speaks quickly in French. "Father what is wrong?" The priest turns his head towards Gavin before responding. "I had some trouble at the church, we need a palace to spend the night and a ride to Paris in the morning. Alas Babylon." The Farmer seems to be eyeing Gavin with suspicion until the priest finishing speaking. The final words seem to be some sort of code, and the farmer ushers the two into the house quickly.

"To Paris father, shouldn't you be headed to England?" The farmer says as he moves towards a vent along the wall of his living room. Pulling the vent out he reaches in and seems to unlock a make shift latch. He then pulls a trap door up from the floor revealing a cellar of sorts. The Priest waves towards Gavin to follow, as he heads to the cellar descending down a ladder. At the bottom is a cot, food and a wireless radio set up to receive. "No, to Paris, I can not leave this country and my safety is not important." The farmer climbing down the latter at this point inquires about Gavin. "And him, should he not be headed to England."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
Replying in French to the pair of Resistance members, no longer masking his Scottish brogue, "I cannot return just yet, I've unfinished business to attend to."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 pm

The farmer Huffs at the response and climbs back up the ladder securing the hatch. The priest moves towards the cot grabbing a blanket and then lying down in the corner. The cot will be better for that wound of yours. Get some sleep morning is not long away.
Spoiler:
You heal another 1d10 after resting for the night.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:34 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
Gavin gestures towards the shortwave set, "I must ask, Father, are you also with the Resistance, or just sympathetic to their cause? I am merely curious. I am also a bit puzzled as to why your friend seems to have taken a dislike to me already. I understand that you, and I, have brought trouble to his door, but we are all on the same side in this. I would have expected more ... enthusiasm from him."

Spoiler:
Total: 8
Description: healing
1D10= 8
individual rolls: 8
23 to go.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:39 pm

I am not with the resistance, but the church has been known to assist with certain things. As for him, you are a liability. The more people who know he exist the more likely he is to be found out.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
"I understand. This is why I told you that it was foolish of me to help you. I put my own mission at risk to do so, so I understand how your friend feels. You and I were not supposed to meet, you should not know of my presence, nor should your friend. But God had other plans for us." Gavin shrugs.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:39 pm

The priest bids Gavin a good night and rolls over to sleep.
Spoiler:
I figure you are just going to sleep also, but thought I'd give you the opportunity to specify other actions.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:09 pm

What seems like minutes later, though it had really been hours, the hatch above the hidden room opens. The farmer comes down rousting the priest and Gavin from their sleep. The car is ready. Rumor has it that the gestapo have found evidence of a parachutes nearby. The rumors say that one of the men dropped has been captured and will be executed tomorrow.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
"If those rumors were true this area would be crawling with Wehrmacht and SS soldiers. And dogs. And they would not execute a captured spy so quickly. It would take them longer than a day to break a man. No, this is a poor attempt to get someone to panic and expose themselves. Someone spotted a parachute and reported what they saw. They have no real idea who they are looking for or where they are. At most, they have a missing SS officer and a couple of soldiers who have failed to report in."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:41 pm

Perhaps, though optimism can get you killed. Lets get on the road. The trio moves to the car loading into a basic vehicle. The Priest and Gavin sit in the back with the farmer driving. He has dressed more appropriately as a driver of the clergy and cleaned up his appearance at some point in the night. The drive lasts several hours and goes with out any incident. As They approach Paris the farmer speaks. Where should I drop you off?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 pm

The Parisian scenery continues to pass by as the car makes its way into paris. The Ac De Triomphe is quickly approaching.
Spoiler:
Just a reminder that the ball is in your court

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:50 pm

Gavin thinks back on his instructions. He had been told to meet his contact at the main cathedral. He was to ask for a Father Smith, a tall Caucasian with with red hair. Once he met the individual he had been instructed to ask the father to hear his confession. The required response, was that it had been a long time since he heard the confession of a fellow Scotsman.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:41 pm
Where should I drop you off?

Gavin MacDonnell
"Notre-Dame de Paris, s'il vous plaît," Gavin replies.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm

The driver and priest both seem startled by this request, but the driver nods his head in agreement. Just one stop it is.

The drive continues for a while before the driver pulls up in front of the cathedral.

I will find a place to park and meet you inside father. Turning to Gavin to look in the mirror We have never met, understood?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
"Oui." Gavin exits the vehicle and follows the priest inside the world-famous Gothic masterpiece.

Return to “Story”