Operation Medusa Briefing

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Operation Medusa Briefing

Post by swrider » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:59 pm

The large canvas tent had been erected specifically for this occasion, From the outside it appeared an entire company would be utilizing it. Inside the impression was maintained with line upon line of chairs arranged in orderly ranks and files. Now fifteen minutes before the briefing was to begin the tent was completely vacant. Several military police officers stood guard at the entrance blocking access to anyone who did not know the challenge and passphrase.

Spoiler:
First person to arrive does so to an empty tent. You can post your actions accordingly. Don't worry about narrating the interaction with the guards, they are inconsequential to the story and all of your characters have been briefed on the challenge and passphrase.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Operation Medusa Briefing

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:14 pm

"Thanks guys, keeps up the good work." Benito says to the guards as he enters the empty tent. "I's sure hopes I's in the right place, else someone's gonna be's pissed."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:06 am

Blaise Mvila Owono
Image "Blaise" peeks into the tent. "Sorry, Sir," he says upon finding someone inside. "Should I tell you the passphrase, too?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:53 am

Benito turns as he hears the voice and sees the African enter the tent. "Heys I's remembers yous." He says as he steps forward offering his hand. "It's been a while, whatcha think about a month? Been busy learning alls this new stuff ya?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Blaise Mvila Owono
Image Blaise perks up when he recognizes a fellow trainee. "Ah, it's you! I remember your old name. But they say we shouldn't even use those names anymore..." The African man comes in. "I'm going by Blaise now. Blaise Mvila Owono. I've been training in medical stuff, propaganda. Where have you been?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:13 pm

"I's kept ma first name, Benito. I's figured thera enough Italians arounds wit that as a first name it wouldn't matter and it makes things easier for me to's remembers. Heck that top guy in Italy is a Benito." He says with a chuckle. "But I's did changes ma last name to De Luni."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:52 pm

Blaise Mvila Owono
Image "Brother De Luni, then," Blaise says. "I'm now supposed to be a hospital-aide-in-training for the Catholic Church. Perhaps it will be best if I address you as a fellow Catholic... as long as that is part of your legend?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:24 pm

Gavin MacDonnell
Image "My brothers, it is good to see you again," Gavin says as he enters the tent. He is wearing the dalmatic of a Catholic deacon.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:35 am

Blaise Mvila Owono
Image Blaise can't help but crack a smile. "Looks like things are coming together," he says. "Not only am I training to work at a Catholic hospital; I get to do it from a real-live priest!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:32 pm

A few minutes later the Greek gentleman you know from training enters the tent followed within moments by the Major and Sergeant you had met. All are clothed in civilian attire. The major moves to the front of the room. Please take a seat everyone. First off I would like to congratulate you on completing your training. The Sergeant is passing out a mission briefing now. These folders do not leave the tent with you so please take your time and examine them. We have made arrangements for you to be air dropped into a remote part of France relatively close to Paris to the south east first thing tomorrow. Each of you has been briefed on your cover stories and provided with documentation confirming those stories. Once you land you are to move away from the landing zone from there you should move away from the landing zone towards the area your cover story indicates you are traveling from. At that point you make your way towards Paris. Once you are on the route indicated by your cover story, you must maintain cover at all times. Each of you has been provided with a description, meeting location, and meeting time for a contact that will help integrate you with your cover story. Spend the first few weeks establishing your cover, verify your documents and blend in. In a few weeks time you will receive two messages, contained within the written message will be an address. The second message which you will receive by telegraph or phone will contain a time and date. You all will meet at the provided location one day prior and three hours before the time and date provided. Before we proceed with the details of your mission are there any questions?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:24 am

Waiting for a question to come in about the timing of the briefing the major explains.

Excellent question. You will meet at the location 27 hours before the time listed in the correspondence. This time frame has been requested by the organizer of the mission as their is significant censoring and monitoring of correspondence in Paris. Should the two pieces be intercepted and deciphered, enemy operatives will arrive on the wrong day and time. You should not wait longer than 30 minutes for any meeting ever and only do that if you have a strong alibi to be waiting in the area.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Very well, additional time will be provided to ask questions at the end. Intelligence has reported that Natzi command in Paris is operating out of the Peninsula Paris Hotel. These sources have indicated that a high level meeting has been schedule to occur in May. Our operatives are working to secure an exact date. You are going to arrange a nice surprise for a leadership to be delivered at that meeting. Inside of your portfolios are all the details we currently have on the mission. Operatives are securing updated floor plans of the areas in question, personnel counts, and seeking information on alternative ingress and egress points. We are dropping you in a several weeks early to establish your cover and assist with gathering necessary lintel. We anticipate large scale reprisals and retaliation after the strike. Once the strike has occurred you can either lay low or make your way out of the country. Each of you have been provided with an out of country address for emergency communications by letter should you loose contact with your cell. Your primary target is Reinhard Heydrich. Intelligence on your target is included in your portfolio.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:59 am

Benito raises his hand, waiting for the Major to acknowledge him before continuing. 'You say target. Does that mean you want him dead? Or captured?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:11 am

Gavin MacDonnell
Gavin snorts, "The head of the Gestapo? Dead, of course. Trying to capture him would be monumentally more difficult. We'll be lucky if we can get close enough to him to put a bullet in him, let alone get away. It's likely a suicide mission, but for a target of this importance I'm sure we're all considered expendable."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:50 am

kill. No bullets at least not for him. The who hotel is staffed by natzi troops. Your objective will be to blow the hotel or at least the part where the meeting is being held.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:38 am

"Blowing things up I can enjoy" He says with a smirk. "Although I'm sure Father Gavin is quite correct about the lethality of our mission, but it's what we signed o for."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:21 pm

"The mission is dangerous. Each of you will be issued a suicide capsule. Keep it hidden, it may be better than the option if you are captured. You have been provided with basic information for your evacuation plans. How to make contact and safehouses to utilize. The information is limited to prevent our networks from being compromised if you are captured. On a side note, the mission is dangerous, but the targets are worth it. This will be a major blow to German operations in Paris, and German operations on a larger scale.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 pm

"If there are no further questions report for the quarter master for your supplies. Your plane leaves in the morning.

Return to “Story”