Character Creation Phase 2

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Character Creation Phase 2

Post by swrider » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:28 pm

For stage two of character development we will begin filling in your characters skill abilities. Please add the following skill list to your character sheet. The first five blanks need to be replaced with your background skills. These skills should be deleted from other parts of the list. The list below contains general skills, Paramilitary Skills, and survivial skills. These are the skills you either came to training with or you learn in paramilitary school.
Skill NameXD10Skill Level
Background Skill 14D1040
Background Skill 24D1040
Background Skill 34D1040
Background Skill 44D1040
Background Skill 54D1040
Hand-to-Hand Combat3D1010
Stealth Assassination3D1010
Pistols3D1010
Rifle3D1010
Sub Machine Gun3D1010
Grenades3D1010
Military Weapons3D1010
Weapon Maintence3D1010
Construct FIghting Position3D1010
Stealth Movements3D1010
Navigation3D1010
Calculate Azimuth3D1010
First Aid3D1010
Camouflage Self3D1010
Camouflage Equipment3D1010
Concealment3D1010
Expression Manipulation and Control3D1010
Pick Handcuffs3D1010
Alibi3D1010
Disguise3D1010
Charm2D1010
Lie2D1010
Machanics2D1010
Athletics2D1010
Motor2D1010
Observation2D1010
Drawing2D1010
Memorization2D1010
Description2D1010

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Character Creation Phase 2

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Is it OK to pose questions here? If not, delete this and I'll notice (and post in the main discussion thread).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:31 pm

Yes please do post questions about specific rule sections in the forums where they are introduced. It will help me keep track.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Cool; I was just wondering about the area covered by a few skills: Military Weapons, Stealth Movement vs. Stealth Assassination, Camouflage Self vs. Concealment, Alibi vs. Lie, Memorization, and Description.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:46 pm

I am not sure I understand your question, but ill offer a quick break down.
Each skill represent a unique ability, they may be similar but are not quite the same. Since I anticipate skill progression happening rapidly and this is a skill focused game, I went with multiple skills. The list may be amended as game play progresses.

Military weapons is a catch all for any weapon not already covered. This would be full automatic weapons, mortars, vehicle mounted weapons, etc...
Stealth movement represents the ability to move without being detected. It is different than urban stealth movement which seeks to be inconspicuous as opposed to unseen.
Stealth assassination was just added. This addition was made to mimic realism. It is possible for an individual to receive multiple stab wounds and live, however it is also possible to have ones throat slit and die with only one blow. The difference is that the second option occurs when one is defenseless and surprised. Stealth assassination represents this and does considerably more damage than its counter part. Its use however is more limited. Stealth assassination could work with a firearm as well at point blank range.

Camouflage sell is the ability to utilize camouflage to blend into an environment. You must create camouflage.
Concealment is using existing natural features to make oneself harder to locate or see. The two are similar and can be combined resulting in better overall concealment.

Lie is a catch all to determine how well a character tells a lie.
Alibi is the lie itself or the explanation of why you are where you are and doing what you are doing. (Not your cover but a small cover for a specific situation). An alibi can be created before hand in case of discovery or questioning and can make lying easier. Alternatively a lie can be said convincingly but not be backed up by a solid alibi. I.e saying you came from specific bar just a few blocks ahead when the person questing you knows that bar was destroyed in the previous nights air raids. You said it convincingly, but the facts simply proved you wrong.

Memorization is the ability to memorize information, it can be used in a multitude of scenarios.
Description is the ability to relay information to another character. I.e. provide a description of the individual you think was following you or providing a description of a building, this is also similar to drawing which could also be used to relay the above information, but carries the risk of leaving evidence.

I hope that helps.

Return to “Game Rules”