Reverb in Blue (OOC): Session 3

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (OOC): Session 3

Post by kanila » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:31 am

Spoiler:
Ryg’gos ; Deception :
1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage
Recording roll
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:57 pm

I'll advance once we hear from @DeepSpacer. Sounds like Targus doesn't want to snoop inside the workshop before Hazz gets back, but maybe Jessa has a different idea?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 01, 2019 1:42 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:57 pm
I'll advance once we hear from DeepSpacer. Sounds like Targus doesn't want to snoop inside the workshop before Hazz gets back, but maybe Jessa has a different idea?
No intention to sneak inside. Collect my winnings maybe? I guess Meshel didn't want to try to deal with the Protocol Droid? Get it's memory like we need to?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed May 01, 2019 1:08 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:42 am
SavageBob wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:57 pm
I'll advance once we hear from DeepSpacer. Sounds like Targus doesn't want to snoop inside the workshop before Hazz gets back, but maybe Jessa has a different idea?
No intention to sneak inside. Collect my winnings maybe? I guess Meshel didn't want to try to deal with the Protocol Droid? Get it's memory like we need to?
Maybe I didn't explain the scene clearly enough, so mea culpa. Basically, if you are going to go for Farjam's protocol droid, it's now or never. You could presumably come back after your set, I suppose, but you're in prime position to access the droid right now, so I can't fathom why you wouldn't. It's presumably inside the workshop. You could sneak in and get access now while Hazz and the Nosaurian guard are dragging the husks of the droids away. Risky, but you'll have unbridled access. Or you could help with the dragging as Targus has suggested, winning points with Hazz and maybe getting him to favor you a bit in what you need to do. Remember that he still thinks he has a few droids that belong to you; whether he knows which droids or not is up for question. If you do nothing, you can wait till Hazz and the guard are back and try to sweet talk your way in, but you're in a restricted area, so there's the risk the Nosaurian guards will bounce you.

As for Meshel, I don't want to GMPC a character in a crucial scene, so I'd rather you and Targus handle this. There are a lot of good reasons to act on the droid now, or else give up on that part of the mission entirely if you don't want to take any of them.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Okay, thanks. With some RL stuff going on and a slower pace for PBP lately, a review of circumstances is much appreciated.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 am

The site's running well for me at the moment; apologies for the delay. My time to post has dwindled lately, and the site often has periods when you click on a link and it chugs for a good minute or more before loading the page. Maybe the secret is to try later in the evening, as it is now.

@kanila, I'll update Ryg'gos once we see how Targus and Jessa roll.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed May 08, 2019 12:49 am

No worries!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 08, 2019 8:47 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 am
Off Topic
Give me an Average (ImageImage) Cool or Deception check with a Image and a Image, you two. (Image because Hazz has talked to you, Image since your'e not Nosaurians.) Can you act like you belong on the droid team?
I'll update Ryg'gos once we see how Targus and Jessa roll.
Looks like Jessa Removes a SB with Deception, but I think this calls for a Cool check to fit into things and act normal.

Jessa Biela; Hyperlight Echoes; Cool check:
4 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Threats? "Miss a vital detail"? Strain?
Nothing on my cheat sheet for extra Successes. Maybe it covers Targus? I think Stealth works like that.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu May 09, 2019 1:11 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:47 pm
SavageBob wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 am
Off Topic
Give me an Average (ImageImage) Cool or Deception check with a Image and a Image, you two. (Image because Hazz has talked to you, Image since your'e not Nosaurians.) Can you act like you belong on the droid team?
I'll update Ryg'gos once we see how Targus and Jessa roll.
Looks like Jessa Removes a SB with Deception, but I think this calls for a Cool check to fit into things and act normal.

Jessa Biela; Hyperlight Echoes; Cool check:
4 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Threats? "Miss a vital detail"? Strain?
Nothing on my cheat sheet for extra Successes. Maybe it covers Targus? I think Stealth works like that.
Yeah, Cool implies looking like you belong. I figured Deception would be more like acting, pretending to be on of the crew. I like being a bit broad in interpreting the skills.

I think it makes sense that you could cover Targus with this roll. I'll come up with something for the Threats! :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 am

Okay. Is the protocol droid in this room? Maybe we could quickly switch memory cards?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 am
Okay. Is the protocol droid in this room? Maybe we could quickly switch memory cards?
Yeah, you're free to slip in. There's a Nosaurian guard there, but he likes Jessa. You can try to break up the fight with some charm (you "work here," after all). Just let me know what you're doing in the IC.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 10, 2019 3:44 am

Some posting errors. I pasted the dialect for Jessa's IC post in the wrong place on the placeholder-pic thing. The 'scrunched' posts can be deleted. I only intended to post once.

I also took some liberties with difficulties and assumed AVG. I played the narrative the best I could and took some liberties there, as well. Hopefully it moves the story along and fits the rolls I made.

The Electromag-Pulse Disruptor gives +BB to sabotage electronics or computers. I figured that she's effectively doing that (breaking it) and then harvesting the scrap. I would think that Mechanics would be for 'actually caring' not to damage what you're working on.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Sorry guys about my tardiness. As I told Kanilla in GRC, I've be at work more than home lately and tend to fall asleep reading emails before my next stop of F&N. @SavageBob what do you need from Targus, roll-wise?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Woohoo! The site works again. About to head out for Mother's Day dinner with my wife and daughter, but now that pages load again, I should be able to respond to where we're at tonight.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun May 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Nice! Have fun.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 pm

OK, I'm fine with the narrative, DS, but just one thing: This was always intended to be a spotlight moment for Targus, as the droid tech of the group, and he didn't really get to do much of anything. @ThreeBFour, what would Targus's approach be to trying to get Farjam's droid? Would he want to just take the verbobrain as Jessa has done? Or would he be more inclined to take a different approach?

I'd like to see an IC post about what Targus is doing in the workshop: Does he want to preserve the droid intact? Pop out its brain? If his approach would be different from what Jessa did, we can override her second action so that Targus can take lead on this encounter. But I would like to see Targus take some role in this scene one way or another, even if it's just to express dismay at Jessa's approach!

@kanila, can you post IC for Ryg'gos's Deception or Computers check to record the actual Rontos performance? Let's say Easy (Image) with a Image for the high-up camera placement.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon May 13, 2019 8:23 pm

http://nemeses.xyz/gaming/phpBB3/viewto ... 239#p31239

Was the roll before. Should I reroll?

Ryg’gos ; Deception :
4 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue May 14, 2019 12:29 am

kanila wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:23 pm
http://nemeses.xyz/gaming/phpBB3/viewto ... 239#p31239

Was the roll before. Should I reroll?

Ryg’gos ; Deception :
4 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Earlier roll was to scope out the crowd. This one is for the performance proper. Can you move it IC and just give a bit of information about what Ryg'gos is doing? (Just trying to encourage more activity IC!)

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 am

Yea no worries!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Hey, folks, I think it may be time to hang in the towel on this game. The site's been on a slowdown for the last several months, and we're apparently down to two active players—one of whom is playing a character who doesn't play with the band! :) It's sad to end the game when we were so close to completing the adventure, but there's also no good reason to continue with just two PCs in a scene that would be a structured musical encounter.

I've enjoyed GMing this game, and maybe we can start up again if the site gets its wind back in the next few weeks. We could fast-forward past this episode and start some time in the future.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon May 20, 2019 12:06 am

I know how you feel buddy! I’ll still be here when it comes back.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon May 20, 2019 1:34 am

Even though I've been dragging lately I was enjoying the concept you brought to life here. But I do agree that it's difficult to play missing so many main characters.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 pm

No worries. It's been a good run. I enjoyed playing my character immensely. Me and the guys are having a Memorial Day Weekend together and SW FFG came up as an idea to play. I thought of *this* game coming home from work today. The one who dislikes (i.e. likes less) SW rpg's won't be there and the host usually GM's Pathfinder for us so we'd like to give him a chance to play. Looking for a weekend idea for about 3-4 sessions.

If it picks back up, then I'd be in. I thought it'd be best to have musicians-only to make it work better next time.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 pm

Also might be a time to float a FFG Forums post for player while also opening up a new game.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 am

Oh, awesome! If you do play the musicians thing at the table, I'd love to hear how it goes. Part of me thinks that a non-musician character could work, like a non-combat character in a regular game, but it would be easier if everyone were a musician. I'm also curious about the "phalanx" rules from Rise of the Separatists; supposedly, it's a way to have a few characters face off against gobs and gobs of minions. Might be a better way to model playing for a huge crowd.

I've got so much info to tell all of you about what's really been going on in the club, but I'll save it in case we pick back up at some point. :)

And, yes, recruiting is probably a good idea. Maybe in conjunction with a brand-new game?

Return to “Discussion”