Reverb in Blue (OOC): Session 3

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (OOC): Session 3

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:12 am

I'm good with the combined check as Targus would only have a GGG otherwise.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:12 am
I'm good with the combined check as Targus would only have a GGG otherwise.
Sounds good. Go ahead and roll if you get the chance. (The skill you roll will change the kind of information you'll get.)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 am

I’m good with it too.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm

I think we are waiting on @Boutrose Saba-Norr to make the combined roll for us. I haven't seen a post from him lately so he must be busy IRL or out of communication. It's been a slow week all around I have noticed.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:36 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm
I think we are waiting on @Boutrose Saba-Norr to make the combined roll for us. I haven't seen a post from him lately so he must be busy IRL or out of communication. It's been a slow week all around I have noticed.
Yes indeed; the site kind of shut down for a while! I'd suggest one of you just roll the thing. It's a combined check, after all, so no use waiting for a player who seems occupied with RL.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:36 pm
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm
Yes indeed; the site kind of shut down for a while! I'd suggest one of you just roll the thing. It's a combined check, after all, so no use waiting for a player who seems occupied with RL.
So both Ghaise and Targus are ImageImageImage for INT with none of the listed skills, while Meshel has a Image in Underworld. Would that make a combined check ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:39 am
So both Ghaise and Targus are ImageImageImage for INT with none of the listed skills, while Meshel has a Image in Underworld. Would that make a combined check ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage?
That looks right.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Sorry meant to do this yesterday, but kept dozing off. Here is the combine roll.

Targus; Hyperlight Echoes; Underworld Combined:
5 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Finishing the adventure

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:37 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr @kanila @DeepSpacer @ThreeBFour @Spiritbw

So, I'm not sure what's going on with this site, but everything seems to have ground to a halt recently (not just this game). I suspect it was just bad luck that a lot of key players involved in a lot of games all got busy at the same time. Whatever the reason, it raises some issues with finishing out this adventure and (hopefully) moving on to another one.

Really, there are two, maybe three more encounters to get through in this adventure, and I don't think I'm spoiling anything to say that they are 1) finding the droid (potentially by fighting it, but not necessarily), and 2) doing your set. Optionally, there may be 3) questioning Gozer about Zannel Redbeam.

Only, we seem to be down to just a few active players. The current encounter was always intended to be a potential spotlight for Meshel, as he's the most physical/fighty of your group, but it seems that @Spiritbw is away on an extended absence. We could just sit and wait for him to come back, or we could hand wave Meshel's attitude and find another way to get the droid other than fighting. I'd err on the side of moving on, even thought it's sad to have Meshel miss a potentially cool story beat. Sitting and waiting may do more harm than good to momentum, though.

Likewise, I get the impression that @Boutrose Saba-Norr may have left the site. He's been inactive for some time now. I'm sad to see him go, but we may need to just roll for him in the final set if we get there before Boutrose comes back.

Finally, I wanted to give @kanila a shout out that I have some stuff in mind for Ryg'gos that you can do from the dressing room if you want. Just because you failed that check to stay on the floor, I want to make sure you know that you still have lots you can do to stay in play while the others are in the fight pits.

So I'm interested to hear from y'all about what you think. We can definitely proceed while we wait for Spirit and Boutrose to hopefully come back. But I do realize the dangers of inactivity in PbP, so I'd like to nip this problem in the bud now. I'm having too much fun for things to fizzle, and I hope you are too!

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:46 pm

I fully planned on using the cam droid during the set from the dressing room.

Another thought came to mind just now, could I scan the crowd and possibly record some dirt on some important people before the next set/performance?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:51 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:46 pm
I fully planned on using the cam droid during the set from the dressing room.

Another thought came to mind just now, could I scan the crowd and possibly record some dirt on some important people before the next set/performance?
Either of those options would work. You have the bird's eye view from the cam droid, so you already have the opportunity to scan the audience remotely with that and try to pick up rich folks behaving badly. But you could also try to do this surreptitiously with your datapad if you'd like, either by poking your head through the curtains to the stage (since the stage empties to backstage, which leads to the dressing room), or by sneaking around the side.

(I have a map of the club I can post now that most of it has been explored. Let me do that later tonight.)

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25 am

I'm still here, IRL Work is trying to kill me, but I'm still kicking. I hope the others find their way back soon.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 am

I'm thinking we've lost a lot of people

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:21 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:53 am
I'm thinking we've lost a lot of people
Perhaps. :? RL has been busy for many of us. Looking at the IC, Meshel @Spiritbw was to respond to Jessa about fighting in the droid pit. Still we could presume he 'declines' and go from there.

Sometimes in PBP, it needs a nudge forward. An impasse can develop where one thinks that are waiting on the other, and visa-versa. A nudge can be skipping an anticipated response or jumping into another scene with a naration of how the current scene played out.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Yeah, I think we need to proceed with just Jessa and Targus for the time being. I'll narrate you two into a conversation with Hazz hopefully later today. Ditto for Ryg'gos; @kanila, let me know where you'd like him to go.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:52 am

Ryg’gos will stay in the dressing room. What are the difficulties for ‘browsing’ the crowd? And how many checks can I do prior to the first set starting?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Hey guys, I know this has been a long time coming, but at the same time I tried to delay it as much as possible out of my desire that it wasn’t necessary, and that hasn’t been fair. My time has been getting more and more limited as my responsibilities with my job, and my volunteer activities have increased. even before it got this bad you could all likely see that I was only able to get on once a week and even when it was only that bad, making everyone wait for me to be active was selfish and I shouldn’t have kept it going even then. Now that it has gotten worse I've found myself so busy that I don't even notice time passing and I found the weeks passed without me being able to check in without me even noticing and this was a wake-up call that I can not continue to inconvenience everyone going forward.
I’ve enjoyed my time here on the forums very much, and I hope that my schedule frees itself up in the future so that I can join you all again, but I know that I can’t expect you to keep my character going as an NPC while you wait for me indefinitely.
I 
Loved playing with you guys, and I hope you can all enjoy your games as I take a back seat from the role-playing for now.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Sorry work has become rather demanding, still here otherwise. Do we have enough to continue on?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr — Very, very sorry to see you go! You bring a lot to the games you're in, so I hope you find a way to come back here when things ease up.

Everyone else — Sorry for my absence. My wife's started working some, so that means I have baby a lot more. Coupled with my full-time job, getting on this site has become harder lately. I'd still like to finish out this adventure (we're very close!), but we are at a skeleton crew with Boutrose and Spirit away. I will try to get a post up tomorrow. Sorry again.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 am

:lol: Ah diaper duty, oh what fun :lol:
I think I am having olfactory flashbacks :o :shock:

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 am

kanila wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:52 am
Ryg’gos will stay in the dressing room. What are the difficulties for ‘browsing’ the crowd? And how many checks can I do prior to the first set starting?
Why don't we say there's time for one check. As for difficulty, what exactly is Ryg'gos looking for?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 am

Maybe an official that is anti-alien that is getting close to what they are against?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:26 am

kanila wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 am
Maybe an official that is anti-alien that is getting close to what they are against?
So catch them red-handed (or faced) as they enjoy the show?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am

kanila wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 am
Good idea! Let's say a Hard (ImageImageImage) Perception check due to the crowd, but I'll give you ImageImage because Ellimelli pointed out the important people, so you can at least spot them on the screen. Raysel's help is worth another Image.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Ugh. Sorry for the delay. I was dreading writing that post, since it was just a bunch of stuff you all are passively observing. I finally decided to just make it short and sweet, although I still wanted the droid fight to be a bit of a mystery as to its outcome.

Those of you in the pit area can decide whether you just rush in, or try to talk Garl into ignoring you for a moment, or something else!

Return to “Discussion”