Reverb in Blue: Session 2 (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
Spiritbw
Flyboy

Re: Reverb in Blue: Session 2 (OOC)

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 am

Well it was none. Just Charm isn’t usually a career skill for Enforcers so wanted to double check. Meshel was needing a carrot to go with his social stick.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:24 am

Would increasing Core World to Rank 2 and Outer Rim to Rank 1 be beneficial to the group?

If not I’m tempted to increase Deception to Rank 3.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:27 am

Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 am
Well it was none. Just Charm isn’t usually a career skill for Enforcers so wanted to double check. Meshel was needing a carrot to go with his social stick.
Yeah I understand. It's not generally big for Droid Techs either, but racially Elomin start with one, so I added the 2nd.
@SavageBob can we change our Primary and Secondary performance skills at anytime?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:55 am

There are some talents I’ve been looking at but a third rank in leadership might be nice.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:45 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:55 am
There are some talents I’ve been looking at but a third rank in leadership might be nice.
Improved Inspiring Rhetoric?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:44 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:48 am
@SavageBob I may have missed it, but was BD able to fix Genius? Also Targus didn't storm of the 2nd time, just left it as is and went back to the dressing room.
I think enough time has passed that we can say he's been fixed.
kanila wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:00 am
I’m thinking I might put the xp in Knowledge based stuff. What would be most beneficial? Core Worlds? Lore? Or more points in Outer Rim?
This one's hard to determine. Of the three, I'd say Lore is likely to get the least use. Core Worlds is getting a lot of use since you're on Nubia, but I've been giving boosts to represent local knowledge (a potential Image for each sub-section of the galaxy that you share with the thing you're trying to remember, from the same sector, the same system, the same planet, the same city, the same neighborhood as your studio, etc.). That said, it does come up a lot. Outer Rim is likely to come up less often, but it would be a good niche for you if you wanted to go that way. If you end up dealing more with Prall the Hutt, for instance, Outer Rim might come in handy.
Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:52 am
15 xp. Hmmm....we all got charm as a career skill didn’t we?
Yes. This was one of the perks of the starting business/studio.
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:27 am
Yeah I understand. It's not generally big for Droid Techs either, but racially Elomin start with one, so I added the 2nd.
@SavageBob can we change our Primary and Secondary performance skills at anytime?
That's fine. The idea with performance skills is just to avoid having to introduce a new "Instrument" skill and to let you make your characters good at other things that expand the types of tasks you can accomplish.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Strain back to Zero? Or, make 'recovery' roll?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:11 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:13 pm
Strain back to Zero? Or, make 'recovery' roll?
Back the full. The CRB suggests such a thing may be enough to restore Strain (like a night of sleep). Plus, Genesys is more forgiving about Strain lost to social scenarios versus straight-up combat.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Went with Core Worlds to Rank 2 and Outer Rim to Rank 1. Should help with the Knowledge checks.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:45 pm
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:55 am
Improved Inspiring Rhetoric?
apparently I already have it and just forgot that I spent 15 of our last 20 xp on it, now I got 20 xp i got to spend lol

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:25 am

Has everyone spent the 15 XP or decided to bank it? I don't remember seeing what @DeepSpacer and @Boutrose Saba-Norr were planning to do with it.

My week's been hectic, so it may be another couple days before I'm able to start Session 3. We also need to deal with Meshel's Obligation, which will go down a bit since it was addressed (and amplified by Ryg’gos).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:07 pm

I purchased two talents. I tracked them and the last entry on the character sheet page.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 pm

Spent and tracked.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:35 pm

oh, yea, I meant to ask for that, how much do you think discipline and fear in this game, because the direction I go in purchasing talents will be largely determined by whether or not a chunk of mine have value.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:56 pm

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:35 pm
oh, yea, I meant to ask for that, how much do you think discipline and fear in this game, because the direction I go in purchasing talents will be largely determined by whether or not a chunk of mine have value.
I do plan to ask for fear checks in situations where it's potentially frightening. For instance, everyone should expect one for the coming big performance, since it's been quite some time since you've all been in front of a crowd.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:38 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:56 pm
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:35 pm
I do plan to ask for fear checks in situations where it's potentially frightening. For instance, everyone should expect one for the coming big performance, since it's been quite some time since you've all been in front of a crowd.
Stop giving the GM ideas....sheeeesh..... :lol:

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Cool that’s really helpful, fear goes off discipline by the way guys, I’ll be able to help you all out with that a lot.

Currently on Dubai time

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:36 pm

Got a little discipline from before. Given how I’ve been rolling of late I’m a bit worried.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

OK! Session done. Thanks, everyone!

@Spiritbw, Meshel's Obligation "The Price of a Name" falls by 3. (Would have been 1, but Ryg’gos used Positive Spin 2 to help.) This is because the Obligation came up in play, but Meshel was able to successfully deal with the situation in a way that would reduce it's impact on his life. Nice.

I'll start the next session soon with Obligation rolls, new DP pool, etc. Probably tomorrow. Feel free to discuss options for the next session here in the meantime.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:44 am

I am going to learn command (10) Confidence (5) and a rank of discipline (5)

I'm spending 20 xp because I had 5 saved from last time. next time I'll buy the improved confidence.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

@Spiritbw, Meshel's Obligation "The Price of a Name" falls by 3. (Would have been 1, but Ryg’gos used Positive Spin 2 to help.) This is because the Obligation came up in play, but Meshel was able to successfully deal with the situation in a way that would reduce it's impact on his life. Nice.

I'll start the next session soon with Obligation rolls, new DP pool, etc. Probably tomorrow. Feel free to discuss options for the next session here in the meantime.
hey @@savagebob does this mean that we are going on first or the rontos are going on without a percussionist right now? I wanted to have Ghaise offer to be a drummer for them if lalkan doesn't show up.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 am
hey @@savagebob does this mean that we are going on first or the rontos are going on without a percussionist right now? I wanted to have Ghaise offer to be a drummer for them if lalkan doesn't show up.
All the XP expenditures look good.

It seemed like the consensus was for the Echoes to headline, so I was assuming you'd go second. That will give you about an hour to do other things. Helping the Rontos on stage would certainly be on the table. Just beware that that will leave you fatigued (strain loss) for your own set! So keep that in mind.

I suggested several potential avenues of exploration in my last IC post. I'm certainly open to running some more split-party stuff, or you all might decide to take on the same task. Just make the most of the hour before you go on stage! :)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:41 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:38 am

I did? We talking about Meshel’s insane jumping off of the jam session?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:24 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:19 pm
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:48 am
All the XP expenditures look good.

It seemed like the consensus was for the Echoes to headline, so I was assuming you'd go second. That will give you about an hour to do other things. Helping the Rontos on stage would certainly be on the table. Just beware that that will leave you fatigued (strain loss) for your own set! So keep that in mind.

I suggested several potential avenues of exploration in my last IC post. I'm certainly open to running some more split-party stuff, or you all might decide to take on the same task. Just make the most of the hour before you go on stage! :)
Yea I understand, but ghaise has resolve to help him recover and he can use inspiring rhetoric to help with recovering strain for everyone, I think it would be a way to endear us to the rontos and gain an ally, but I would want them to say that ghaise from the rontos is playing with them, kind of a way to get double exposure for the group.

If everybody is ok with that that is.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:54 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:41 pm

I did? We talking about Meshel’s insane jumping off of the jam session?
Yeah, that and the correction of Ryg'gos and Flash calling your group the Hyperlight Echoes. 8-)

Return to “Discussion”