Reverb in Blue: Session 2 (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue: Session 2 (OOC)

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:17 pm

kanila wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 pm
Ryg’gos ; Hyperlight Echoes ; Negotiation :
2 Failures, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Atleast there wasn’t any Despair rolled this time!
Whew! Note that you take 2 Strain for the failed roll. Looks like you want 3 Strain back for the Image, so that's a net gain of 1 Strain. Also note that you could have learned her Fear for 3 Image, and that would have netted you two more Image on further checks. This is the first time I've run social combat, and I'm learning two things: 1) It takes a long time when it's one-on-one like this, and 2) Learning the target's Motivations is an important strategy to sway the encounter your way. Just something to keep in mind going forward!

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Yea I considered that, but if she would have gotten a good roll that could have ended it on her turn. So I took the strain reduction just in case.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:29 pm

kanila wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm
Yea I considered that, but if she would have gotten a good roll that could have ended it on her turn. So I took the strain reduction just in case.
Well, she's close to full-on agreement. Feel free to roll Charm at this point if you'd like (ImageImageImage) with the same boosts as before for appealing to her Motivations. Also, that 1 Image probably equals an extra strain to her unless you want to use it differently. Giving a Image or Image would require 2 Image.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 pm

I have no clue what to use that Threat from the previous roll for.

6 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

No clue what to do with those two advantages, if nothing else I’ll recover strain I guess? Unless there is something else I could do with it?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:01 am

kanila wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 pm
I have no clue what to use that Threat from the previous roll for.

6 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

No clue what to do with those two advantages, if nothing else I’ll recover strain I guess? Unless there is something else I could do with it?
And that finally seals the deal! For the two advantage, lets say her cooperation extends for two more scenes. That ensures she'll be cooperative the whole caper of hiding the camdroid and for at least the first band's performance.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:12 am

If only I got that roll earlier! Would have wrapped it up quicker!

At least now I know where I need to invest my points!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 am

kanila wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:12 am
If only I got that roll earlier! Would have wrapped it up quicker!

At least now I know where I need to invest my points!
Yeah, when we lost Voron, we lost the band's lead Negotiator. Probably not a bad area for you to specialize in!

@DeepSpacer and @ThreeBFour -- Understandable if you're both busy with real life! But know that the band has apparently left you to suss out why it matters whether you choose to go first or second as the evening moves forward. We don't have to belabor your conversations, but you will need to reply to the NPCs before we can move on.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Note to self. Develop Meshel’s charm for more social options.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm
You angling for Coercion here, Spiritbw? We could also lean on Ghaise's Charm if you'd prefer. Boutrose seems to be away, but we can do a quick roll to see how things shake down.

@ThreeBFour, you have anything else to say to Nijor or Buck? I can merge the conversation with the one Jessa's having with Granari if you want. These convos are laying out the options for taking the first slot versus the second in the performance order, which has some pretty big ramifications for the rest of the gig/adventure.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:16 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 pm

@ThreeBFour, you have anything else to say to Nijor or Buck? I can merge the conversation with the one Jessa's having with Granari if you want. These convos are laying out the options for taking the first slot versus the second in the performance order, which has some pretty big ramifications for the rest of the gig/adventure.
I'll post something after work today. But merging the convo's works too.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:47 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Spiritbw wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 pm
You angling for Coercion here, Spiritbw? We could also lean on Ghaise's Charm if you'd prefer. Boutrose seems to be away, but we can do a quick roll to see how things shake down.

Thinking about it but want to see if Ghaise can do anything first. In which case bad cop/good cop support. If he doesn’t we’ll try Coercion.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:47 pm
Thinking about it but want to see if Ghaise can do anything first. In which case bad cop/good cop support. If he doesn’t we’ll try Coercion.
Cool; let's give @Boutrose Saba-Norr a little time to respond, then. He'll get a Image from Meshel's wind up, a Image for Lalkan's annoying them. They oppose either approach with Image. Coercion will probably get another Image since they're armed and you're not.
ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:16 pm
I'll post something after work today. But merging the convo's works too.
That works. I'll wait for your reply and then possibly merge over. But go ahead and respond IC first.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 am

So, just a Tl;DR of what the Rontos just said:

Basically, take the opening slot and you make less money. However, the slot is shorter, and when you finish, you'll have more time to accomplish secondary goals or to just enjoy the party. Plus, everyone will be drunker, so social checks are potentially going to be easier.

Take the headliner slot, and you get paid more. It's a longer set, so strain will be a bigger issue. And you'll have a tougher time accomplishing secondary goals, since folks will still be a bit stiff and sober, and some of the fun and games won't have begun yet (which may or may not include the droid fighting).

Secondary goals might include chatting up town councilors about the ordinance, gambling, trying to get an audience with Gozer to ask him what he knows about Zannel, visiting the droid fighting rings, or other things I haven't thought of.

Also, it seems like the Rontos might get into trouble if they headline, since Buck is going to call out the Town Council. Or it could work...

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:36 am

Thanks! That helps clarify some things.

Jessa still wants to headline. Performing is what she wants to do more so than the other things to achieve the same goals. Jessa figures it could put THEM in jail, clearing the way for us. That's Jessa's thoughts. She figures she can cool over any trouble the Rontos cause if to comes to that. As a player, my thoughts may be different if I were doing it for myself, but I am playing a character.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 am

I think them getting arrested should be the least of the Rontos’ worries! More than likely such a scene would end up getting them hurt, both physically and career wise.

But if he did cause a scene I could get some good dirt to blackmail councilors with! Actually I could do that either way!

Of course Ryg’gos doesn’t know anything about this.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 am

wow it really sounds like ghaise's diplomacy could have been useful in the other conversation lol.

so is the thought process that ghaise should use his charm to try and get them to admit to the fights.

for the performance order, Ghaise isn't there, I'm fine with it being decided by the characters that are there.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 am
wow it really sounds like ghaise's diplomacy could have been useful in the other conversation lol.

so is the thought process that ghaise should use his charm to try and get them to admit to the fights.

for the performance order, Ghaise isn't there, I'm fine with it being decided by the characters that are there.
As for locating the fighting pits, yeah -- apparently they're hush-hush, and these guys don't want to admit to them. Ghaise has a better shot of sweet-talking the guards into fessing up and pointing out how to get there. Meshel could try to coerce them, but that's tough when they have guns.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

kanila wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 am
I think them getting arrested should be the least of the Rontos’ worries! More than likely such a scene would end up getting them hurt, both physically and career wise.

But if he did cause a scene I could get some good dirt to blackmail councilors with! Actually I could do that either way!

Of course Ryg’gos doesn’t know anything about this.
If the Echoes decide to let the Rontos go first, that does leave the question of whether Buck will take his stand anyway (as the opening act). The Echoes could decide to try to talk him out of it, or let him do it and hope the whole party doesn't fall apart.

Depending on what happens in the rafters and the droid pits, we may have a chance for everyone to meet up in the dressing room and trade intel before you have to decide on a course of action. I'll advance those scenarios later today.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:09 pm

ok made the post, haven't rolled yet, if necessary someone please roll for me, been up since 5 this morning and it's 11 now so I'm heading to bed.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:09 pm

also my intention is to either get them to let us through now or to let us come back once the entertainment has started, meaning when the bands are playing but its not our turn.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:05 am

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:09 pm
also my intention is to either get them to let us through now or to let us come back once the entertainment has started, meaning when the bands are playing but its not our turn.
The roll's yours if you get the chance! You get a Image from Meshel's wind up, a second Image because you've identified yourselves as part of the entertainment, and a Image for Lalkan's annoying them. Makes the roll ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage.

@Spiritbw, I'll ask you to roll for Boutrose if he doesn't get the chance to before tomorrow afternoon US time. Just so we don't stall out (and because he asked someone to roll for him if necessary.)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:58 am

Will do.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

Well since no one made it yet I did, but it was a failure with 4 advantages.

Ghaise; Hyperlight Echoes; charm:
1 Failure, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:46 am

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am
Well since no one made it yet I did, but it was a failure with 4 advantages.

Ghaise; Hyperlight Echoes; charm:
1 Failure, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:lol: That's why we roll!

My suggestion is to turn those Image into some sort of way to "fail forward." Maybe Lalkan manages to get that door open by accident? Or his attentions have caught the eye of Hazz, who comes into the scene? Or one of the cooks takes a liking to you and will help you if you can just get away from the guards? Just some ideas.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:02 am

Yea that sounds about right, since advantages means it could affect unintended targets. I think I want some of the kitchen staff to have heard what I said about times being tough for us non-humans and how all of our fates are now tied to the club and have them interpret it as all of our fates are tied together and that as non-humans we need to help each other out.

If I got a triumph I would say we could use it to start an alien union lol.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”