Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:37 pm

I want to make sure @ThreeBFour gets a chance to try to slice the lock or eavesdrop (or order BD-BD to do it; he's pretty competent with Computers). Let me know if you'd rather just wait.

The other group can't just wait. I also need a response from @Boutrose Saba-Norr or @Spiritbw as to why you're a person short.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 am

Eavesdropping it is, with a Triumph and Despair. Open to suggestions.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 am
Eavesdropping it is, with a Triumph and Despair. Open to suggestions.
Hear's something really important, but they become aware that we're listening?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:37 pm
I want to make sure @ThreeBFour gets a chance to try to slice the lock or eavesdrop (or order BD-BD to do it; he's pretty competent with Computers). Let me know if you'd rather just wait.

The other group can't just wait. I also need a response from @Boutrose Saba-Norr or @Spiritbw as to why you're a person short.
cool cool, i was waiting to let the others post but i'll make a post to respond to the nosaurian.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am

@ThreeBFour, that's a very interesting result! Success alone is enough for you to overhear something useful. Triumph could be used to overhear something even more crucial if you prefer, or it could mean that you actually recognize this Duros. Maybe you know him, and he's an old friend of yours. He is a droid tech, after all, and until you turned the volume up, you maybe didn't recognize him yet. The Despair will likely be some sort of alarm...

@Boutrose Saba-Norr or @Spiritbw, give me a check of some sort to convince the Nosaurian. Charm would be appropriate. Coercion could work as a testy, "We're already late! Will you just let us through!" I'll post IC later why just explaining the situation isn't enough. Both checks versus Image with Image for the Nosaurian being asked to work against his orders. (Also, interesting that you read this character as female, Boutrose! I'll leave the gender unspecified for now.)

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr you may want to edit you IC post. Targus is an Elomin, not a Zabrak. Unless you did that on purpose because they do look similar to most other species.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 am
@Boutrose Saba-Norr you may want to edit you IC post. Targus is an Elomin, not a Zabrak. Unless you did that on purpose because they do look similar to most other species.
Yeah, I noticed that, too! Not too big a deal, but, yes, edit it if you get a chance, @Boutrose Saba-Norr.

Any thoughts on that Triumph, ThreeBFour?

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Sorry been busy the last few days. Post later.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 am

I liked the idea of the two being old friends, probably through Targus' secondary mentor the Drall droid tech.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:22 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 am
ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 am
Yeah, I noticed that, too! Not too big a deal, but, yes, edit it if you get a chance, @Boutrose Saba-Norr.

Any thoughts on that Triumph, ThreeBFour?

sorry, I searched for targus's race on his thread but couldn't see it and he looked like a zabrak.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr and @Spiritbw, your social check to calm the Nosaurian is now ImageImage thanks to the alarm (the Image ThreeBFour rolled).

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 am

Made it! Honest folks honestly not knowing what’s happening.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Languages

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:49 am

Great! That's enough to get you in. The Threat means your entry is a bit rushed.

A note on languages: Knowing the Nosaurian language won't be essential to the adventure, but it might be helpful. In general, I'm happy for players to declare that their characters know a particular language with a simple DP flip. Alternatively, you can try a Knowledge (Xenology) check of one difficulty higher than that to simply know about the species. Those of you who already failed a Knowledge check on Nosaurians can't try again, but the others could. In this case, knowing Nosaurian is a Daunting (ImageImageImageImage) task with ImageImage. Add one more Image if you previously passed a Knowledge check on the species. Or, again, a DP flip.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Ghaise will make the check, he passed before, and given what we established it would make sense for him to know nosaurian,

so gggbbbpppp
Spoiler:

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:19 pm
Ghaise will make the check, he passed before, and given what we established it would make sense for him to know nosaurian,

so gggbbbpppp
Spoiler:
What a bizarre roll! All Image. ImageImageImageImage is perhaps enough to say Raysel knows the language. She probably speaks it a bit haltingly, but might be useful to the group.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Yea that would be cool, i was even thinking that it could be used to say that as a former member of the chiss exploration arm Ghaise is familiar with a number of languages, possibly giving him boosts on future language checks , but he hadn't heard nosaurian til he came to this planet and when he was interacting with a lot of them he wasn't exactly at his best, what with the use of substances, so even though he might have spoken it a bit at one point he only knows enough to know that it is Nosaurian now.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:17 am

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 pm
Yea that would be cool, i was even thinking that it could be used to say that as a former member of the chiss exploration arm Ghaise is familiar with a number of languages, possibly giving him boosts on future language checks , but he hadn't heard nosaurian til he came to this planet and when he was interacting with a lot of them he wasn't exactly at his best, what with the use of substances, so even though he might have spoken it a bit at one point he only knows enough to know that it is Nosaurian now.
I'm thinking now that having Raysel know the language for a roll Geise made doesn't quite make sense. Instead, let's say that Geise doesn't know the language, but the Nosaurians remind him of another reptilian species he's encountered. It's enough to grant a boost on a check here or there to interact with members of the species. I don't think it's enough to grant a blanket boost now and forever, but maybe in two or three situations to come.

Others may still want to try, or may simply want to flip the DP and say, "I know Nosaurian." I mean, you have 5 Destiny Points. :)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 am

So, sort of a didn’t recognize the species at first but say, knew what it was hearing the language maybe?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:17 am
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 pm
I'm thinking now that having Raysel know the language for a roll Geise made doesn't quite make sense. Instead, let's say that Geise doesn't know the language, but the Nosaurians remind him of another reptilian species he's encountered. It's enough to grant a boost on a check here or there to interact with members of the species. I don't think it's enough to grant a blanket boost now and forever, but maybe in two or three situations to come.

Others may still want to try, or may simply want to flip the DP and say, "I know Nosaurian." I mean, you have 5 Destiny Points. :)
y'know what i'll flip a dp and have geise know it and then we can use those 4 advantages for cool stuff

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 am
So, sort of a didn’t recognize the species at first but say, knew what it was hearing the language maybe?
That would work, too. They're a Corellian sector species, so the chances are there in all of your backgrounds to have met them before. Up to you. If Geise is flipping the DP, you've got someone on the team who can understand their tweeting conversations now. You could always wait until later in the game in case you get separated and flip then; it's not a now or never situation.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm

So, is this a point where the groups merge back together? In the Flutterplume Club?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm
So, is this a point where the groups merge back together? In the Flutterplume Club?
Probably. But that depends on what you and @ThreeBFour want to do. Now that you know that this is a back door into the club, do you want to go in and meet up with the others? (Remember you all have earbud comlinks that should be in range.) You originally came in here hoping to scam a few free droids; do you still want to do that? Do you want to try to get more information out of Hazz about the droid fights? And what will you do with BD-BD and Genius in a place that has droid fights?

So, there's still some that needs to happen with Hazz. You could try to encourage him to move inside the club and play things out there if you'd like, or finish up with him in the workshop first. Up to you two.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 am

@ThreeBFour & @DeepSpacer — no need to give up on the stolen droids if you don't want to. I imagine Targus might not be as quick to give up on recovering them (even if he intends to just return them to their rightful owners). And will he be so quick to ask BD-BD and Genius to go home? Just saying that it's not necessary to give up on these two threads unless you really just don't want to pursue them.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:54 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 am
ThreeBFour & DeepSpacer — no need to give up on the stolen droids if you don't want to. I imagine Targus might not be as quick to give up on recovering them (even if he intends to just return them to their rightful owners). And will he be so quick to ask BD-BD and Genius to go home? Just saying that it's not necessary to give up on these two threads unless you really just don't want to pursue them.
Jessa figures that she already came out ahead in stealing what she has and that was a close call with the alarm. She can always use the "stolen" droids against them if they DO discover what she stole. I think she and Targus would want to recover the droids for different reasons. She has no problem with droid pit fighting and would probably re-sell the stolen droids once they were returned (maybe to Hazz & them for profit!!!). Also, seeing that this is connected to the Flutterplume and we're already late, she does not want to jeopardize that any more than she has.

Targus may very well try to bring the droids along. I was thinking that if they are told to wait outside, then they'd get stolen, too.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:54 am
Jessa figures that she already came out ahead in stealing what she has and that was a close call with the alarm. She can always use the "stolen" droids against them if they DO discover what she stole. I think she and Targus would want to recover the droids for different reasons. She has no problem with droid pit fighting and would probably re-sell the stolen droids once they were returned (maybe to Hazz & them for profit!!!). Also, seeing that this is connected to the Flutterplume and we're already late, she does not want to jeopardize that any more than she has.

Targus may very well try to bring the droids along. I was thinking that if they are told to wait outside, then they'd get stolen, too.
There's always the possibility of kicking the can down the road a bit. Tell Hazz you'd like to talk later about the stolen droids, but you're late for your gig so now isn't a good time. Also don't forget that you've got a fan inside (Garl), whom you might enlist to help in some way. And Hazz is friendly enough with Targus that you could at least float the idea of keeping the droids along. There's always the chance that something might happen to them, but they could also be enlisted to help you in other ways.

In other words, don't be so quick to sever ties with all these droid-related folks; remember the real reason you're here is to find Farjam's droid!

Return to “Discussion”