Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:12 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 pm

does it have to be for a specific species or can it be more general?
It should be for a specific culture. In Star Wars, most species have monocultures, so it would overlap. But you could also opt for "Corellian Humans," or "Chandrilan Humans," or something along those lines. You can also buy more than one of these manuals, each one tailored to a different culture. You both just happen to have one manual each at the moment.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:45 pm

Are Jessa's two Setback Dice from the Coercion roll (and subsequent failed Discipline check) removed or reduced or worsened by Meshel's Coercion check?

Looking at ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Before applying any talents or the above-mentioned setback dice for Jessa.
Plus maybe a Image if someone helps out in conversation.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:14 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:45 pm
Are Jessa's two Setback Dice from the Coercion roll (and subsequent failed Discipline check) removed or reduced or worsened by Meshel's Coercion check?

Looking at ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Before applying any talents or the above-mentioned setback dice for Jessa.
Plus maybe a Image if someone helps out in conversation.
Yes, it would be a total of ImageImageImageImage before talents. Two for being shaken from the guns, one for Meshel's Threats, one for them being unused to these sorts of customer complaints. I'd suggest this might be DP worthy. And that a second PC might want to pipe in to give that extra boost. (That said, feel free to roll it without the boost for the sake of time; we can add it in later if warranted).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 am

HA-HA!!! The dice are with me tonight! So many positive results on the positive dice. Six threats and all but one negated!

Jessa Biela; Echoes; Deception (w/DP):
3 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:34 am

Excellent! I'll give folks till morning to come up with a plausible assist (and post IC); the extra boost may remove that last Image. If not, I can come up with something for it. This is not at all how this adventure was supposed to go, but I love how this is unfolding.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:47 am

I can try being charming. I’m not skilled in that but prescience 3 is still a heck of a charisma.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:47 am
I can try being charming. I’m not skilled in that but prescience 3 is still a heck of a charisma.
It looks like DeepSpacer narrated that Meshel stepped out for a moment. You could always add a quick "No hard feelings" on your way out if you think it's in character (thereby justifying the Image—no roll required). That said, one Image isn't that much to worry about, so we may just roll with it since @Boutrose Saba-Norr and @ThreeBFour seem busy IRL (and @LaGouache has disappeared).

Incidentally, Meshel's initial approach could very well have born more fruit had his roll gone better. I don't want to give the impression that I'm favoring one social approach over another. These guys could have been overcome with intimidation just as easily as sweet-talking; it's just that Jessa rolled better! :)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:48 pm

In my mind Meshel understands these guys just got caught between him and the thief. Hes got no ill will towards them and does feel a bit bad about laying into them like he did.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:48 pm
In my mind Meshel understands these guys just got caught between him and the thief. Hes got no ill will towards them and does feel a bit bad about laying into them like he did.
Post something to that effect IC, roll a boost, and we'll move right along. :)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Well, didn’t help sadly but posted.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Heads up that you're welcome to split the party or to send the NPCs (or Voron) ahead to the rendezvous if you'd like. There are options besides a binary follow/go to the rendezvous now decision.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:53 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:30 pm
Heads up that you're welcome to split the party or to send the NPCs (or Voron) ahead to the rendezvous if you'd like. There are options besides a binary follow/go to the rendezvous now decision.
Probably the smart move, reserve our position, claim we were troubled by thieves on the way over. I am for it.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:33 am

Sorry 13 hr work day, and next couple might be about the same. Move me along as needed.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:17 am

To notice combination...

Seems like I do not notice what the code is, but I notice something else.

Jessa Biela; Echoes; Perception Roll:
1 Failure, 2 Threats, 1 Triumph,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:30 am

Ugh, I hate splitting the party, but this might be important. Thing is the gig is really important if we’re to have a steady income and to our larger goals.

Really all we need to know is if they had a cz-series droid come through.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 am

so i'm just checking, but Targus had some of his droids stolen? I was a bit confused about the dialogue earlier because I had thought that the droids made it out f the attack unscathed by spraying oil at the assailant.

If some of Targus's droids got stolen then Ghaise would understand why this is important and support going after the thief, with the mindset that the droids are like Targus's family.

I say that someone should be sent to the venue and try to stall for us.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:37 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 am
so i'm just checking, but Targus had some of his droids stolen? I was a bit confused about the dialogue earlier because I had thought that the droids made it out f the attack unscathed by spraying oil at the assailant.

If some of Targus's droids got stolen then Ghaise would understand why this is important and support going after the thief, with the mindset that the droids are like Targus's family.

I say that someone should be sent to the venue and try to stall for us.
Your droids made it out fine by fending off the droid thief. However, they did see what the droid thief looked like and what droids he had with him. Jessa just conned the Nosaurians into thinking that these three droids (the ones the droid thief already had with him) were actually stolen from you, and the Nosaurians have agreed to try to get them back for you from their boss, Hazz.

As for stalling, are you sending Voron and Raysel? That way the party doesn't have to be split, since Voron's essentially an NPC now. Are you sending BD-BD and Genius, too? Or will they go with you to speak to Hazz?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:18 pm

If I can help it, send npc's.

Jessa's not against scamming for profit. If the others aren't up for it and are aware of what's going on, then they're free to wait this one out.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:19 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:18 pm
If I can help it, send npc's.

Jessa's not against scamming for profit. If the others aren't up for it and are aware of what's going on, then they're free to wait this one out.
Targus isn't above gaining extra droids to play with, but it might earn 'gratitude' with the real owner if the are returned.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:56 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr and @Spiritbw, if you have a preference about going to see Hazz vs. going to the rendezvous point with Raysel and Voron, please let me know. I'll post in the morning.

Also, @ThreeBFour, I'm guessing Genius will go with you to see Hazz? I think at least he or BD-BD needs to, since they can identify the stolen droids they saw at the monorail.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:03 am

I think Meshel would get to the rendezvous. To him the gig is the more important right now.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:29 am

Yea honestly if Targus isn't missing any droids then Ghaise would go with Meshal, Rayzal, and Voron to the event, that way he could coordinate their setup and get into makeup in time to be ready for the set, and if worse comes to worse, at least the three performers could go on while waiting for the other two to show up.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:25 pm

OK, so looks like we're going with:

1) Jessa, Targus, BD-BD, and Genius will follow the Nosaurian to meet Hazz, while
2) Geise, Meshel, Voron, and Raysel head to the rendezvous.

You shouldn't be separated for too long. The rendezvous point (the laundromat) is literally around the corner on the same city block as the droid shop. The laundromat is on the main street, while the droid shop is down an alley a little ways.

I have a half-written post saved on another computer. I'll hopefully be able to get something up around lunchtime US Central.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Looks good to me. ;)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:33 am

I didn't want to narrate too far in case either group wants to investigate a bit before moving on. For instance, the droid lab group might want to snoop around a bit in the parts, or the laundromat group may want to peek through the windows, scan the neighborhood, or anything else. I'll give you all some time to take such actions if you want and then advance the story.

Return to “Discussion”