Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:05 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm
There's always the possibility of kicking the can down the road a bit. Tell Hazz you'd like to talk later about the stolen droids, but you're late for your gig so now isn't a good time. Also don't forget that you've got a fan inside (Garl), whom you might enlist to help in some way. And Hazz is friendly enough with Targus that you could at least float the idea of keeping the droids along. There's always the chance that something might happen to them, but they could also be enlisted to help you in other ways.

In other words, don't be so quick to sever ties with all these droid-related folks; remember the real reason you're here is to find Farjam's droid!
Update my IC comment slightly to reflect being able to bring the subject up later.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:05 pm
Update my IC comment slightly to reflect being able to bring the subject up later.
About that. OOM is back at the studio. She didn’t come with us.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:54 am

Spiritbw wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Who's the other droid, then? IS there a second droid? I couldn't keep up. Saw nothing in the IC other than BD.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:30 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:54 am
Spiritbw wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Who's the other droid, then? IS there a second droid? I couldn't keep up. Saw nothing in the IC other than BD.
Genius and BD are the droids we got along as I understand it.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 am

Yeah, Genius is the pit droid. @ThreeBFour purchased him with starting credits rather than him being a shared NPC ally.

Once ThreeBFour checks in, we can advance. I want to make sure Targus is heard regarding what happens with those two droids.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:03 pm

We're nearing the end of the first session, folks! We just need to see what becomes of BD-BD and Genius.

@ThreeBFour and @DeepSpacer, one of you can attempt a social check against Hazz to convince him to let the droids stay.

Charm or Coercion, either will be versus ImageImage. Either approach gets ImageImage thanks to the owner's hatred for droids and Hazz's disappointment over being rebuffed on getting the droids for himself. We can assume an assist from the other one of you, so that's worth a Image. There may be another Image or two on offer depending on what the exact pitch is.

Alternatively, you could tell the droids to go home in front of Hazz but then give them instructions to hide out somewhere. That gives you the option of giving them instructions via comlink and letting them do clandestine legwork for you. Or you could try to smuggle them in if you locate another entrance.

Once we resolve this, we can wrap up the session.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:03 pm
We just need to see what becomes of BD-BD and Genius.
... one of you can attempt a social check against Hazz to convince him to let the droids stay.

Alternatively, you could tell the droids to go home in front of Hazz but then give them instructions to hide out somewhere. That gives you the option of giving them instructions via comlink and letting them do clandestine legwork for you. Or you could try to smuggle them in if you locate another entrance.
I doubt that "leaving" them in a pit droid chop shop is a good option either way. Hazz kind of hints to "send them back home." Up to Targus with what to do with the droids. Jessa would just as soon make some credits with them if she can get more than what they're worth.

Sitting them outside probably assures they'll end up back here with someone else selling them. Maybe hide them in a garbage dumpster, or something.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:27 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 pm
I doubt that "leaving" them in a pit droid chop shop is a good option either way. Hazz kind of hints to "send them back home." Up to Targus with what to do with the droids. Jessa would just as soon make some credits with them if she can get more than what they're worth.

Sitting them outside probably assures they'll end up back here with someone else selling them. Maybe hide them in a garbage dumpster, or something.
Well, leaving them with Hazz is one option, but, yeah, probably a bad one. The pitch could instead be to let you sneak them into your dressing room or somewhere like that. Sending them back home is easiest, but they're also a potential asset. Keeping them might be complicated, but risk can lead to reward....

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:11 am

Ok Targus has Proficiency Die:
ImageAbility Die:
ImageAbility Die:
for Charm, but no Coercion. So he could Boost Jessa or vice versa. Targus would rather have the droids in the dressing room where they would be reasonably safe.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:14 am

I can roll that. To sneak into dressing room.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 am

And that's a wrap! Thanks for a great first session, everyone. You can all go back to full Strain (except Genius). Any "once-per-session" abilities are reset. Targus is back to full Strain Threshold until I roll Obligation again. We'll reconvene in the dressing room, where you'll be reunited. Voron will be written out soon.

I'll start a new OOC thread soon, but this is the place to ask about spending XP, etc. in the meantime.

Experience
You each get 20 XP. This is roughly 5 each for the audition, finding the venue, dealing with the droid traders, and getting into the venue. Please add a post to your PC's character sheet to indicate how you've spent the XP. You're also free to bank it, of course.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:56 pm

cool i like how that wrapped up.

so wanted to pop in and let y'all know that I'm on break from work and just got done with a 30 hour flight, so right now i've got plenty of time for games.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:24 pm

So I took improved inspiring rhetoric with my XP, I wanted to ask a question about that how we use inspiring rhetoric in the game. So I want to be making regular leadership checks during gameplay so that my character can actually do well during the music. is it possible that we can make rolls between sets that aren't a part of the actual song playing?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:24 pm
So I took improved inspiring rhetoric with my XP, I wanted to ask a question about that how we use inspiring rhetoric in the game. So I want to be making regular leadership checks during gameplay so that my character can actually do well during the music. is it possible that we can make rolls between sets that aren't a part of the actual song playing?
Glad your flights are behind you! I've had enough of those kinds of flights myself. Never fun!

I think using Inspiring Rhetoric/Improved Inspiring Rhetoric before and between songs is perfectly fine. It's a good way to buff everyone for a song.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 pm

@SavageBob yea, it could be a lot of fun, he might even wait to figure out what legitimate shipping we are doing and then do a streetwise to see if anyone would be willing to let him do smuggling along that rout under the condition that they compensate him and pay for the safe.

and encumbrances 5 is pretty big, you could keep a person in a safe that size
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 pm
@SavageBob yea, it could be a lot of fun, he might even wait to figure out what legitimate shipping we are doing and then do a streetwise to see if anyone would be willing to let him do smuggling along that rout under the condition that they compensate him and pay for the safe.
Jet lag must be hitting hard haha! Wrong thread.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:12 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm
this is my life now lol

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:13 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:05 pm
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:24 pm
Glad your flights are behind you! I've had enough of those kinds of flights myself. Never fun!

I think using Inspiring Rhetoric/Improved Inspiring Rhetoric before and between songs is perfectly fine. It's a good way to buff everyone for a song.
nice, really looking forward to that

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 pm
Hahaha! Hey, there, Kanila. Let me know if you'd like to join the game. We have an opening. :D

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Just watching for now. Not even sure what type of character I would make!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:33 pm

We've had two business-focused PCs come and go (a Gambler, then an Entrepreneur). Time for a Trader or a Quartermaster? ;)

Return to “Discussion”