Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (OOC)

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:49 am

Works for me. BD-BD heads with the others to the venue and Genius stays with Targus.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:17 am

What do you want for a Perception check for a more intense look around the room?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:54 am

@Spiritbw: No obvious signs of trouble. I'll give @Boutrose Saba-Norr a little longer to respond, but if he stays quiet, I'll narrate your entry into the laundromat. If Meshel is actively looking for signs of danger, that's an Easy Image Perception check with ImageImage for night and dry conditions. Only roll if you think Meshel would spend another couple minutes scanning the area before going in. Sounds like he probably wouldn't.

(There's always a fine line with sort of thing: I'm in favor of players getting to roll dice, but I also don't want to create a paranoid atmosphere where players are constantly asking to roll Perception checks to spot traps, ambushes, etc.)

@ThreeBFour and @DeepSpacer: The difficulty of any potential Perception check in the workshop is going to depend on what you're looking for. Is the goal to search the room quickly for any sign of a CZ-droid? That would be Daunting ImageImageImageImage with a Image for being rushed. Or do you just want some more detail about what's in the room in general? That's Easy (Image) with a Image for time. Either way, you can make a combined check with ImageImage added by your droid companions.

(Incidentally, I narrated BD-BD to be with you two instead of at the rendezvous. Sorry if that wasn't what was intended, but it will simplify things to keep the droids together.)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:21 am

Looks like the combined check for Jessa and Targus would be ImageImageImage with ImageImageImageImage vs. either of the difficulties quoted above. We'll advance once one of you rolls it! :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:21 am
Looks like the combined check for Jessa and Targus would be ImageImageImage with ImageImageImageImage vs. either of the difficulties quoted above. We'll advance once one of you rolls it! :)
I rolled a few in a row, giving 3B4 a chance to roll it.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 am
SavageBob wrote:
Righteo. Looks like @ThreeBFour's been slammed with work lately, so hopefully he gets a breather this weekend.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:44 pm

sorry guys, the combination of time zones and work is not making it easy to get on each day, I am fine with @SavageBob narrating our entry to the laundromat, I accomplished my big rp goal with Ghaise for this mission, which was bolstering Rayzel's confidence.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Character Portraits

Post by SavageBob » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 pm

The last few posts haven't used character portraits, which is fine—I don't want them to be mandatory.

However, would y'all object to me editing your posts to insert them if you're too pressed to paste the template in? In other words, are you finding them distracting or annoying? They help me as GM visualize things and communicate what's going on, but it's possible they're not serving either purpose and I just don't know. :?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: Character Portraits

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:46 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 pm
The last few posts haven't used character portraits, which is fine—I don't want them to be mandatory.

However, would y'all object to me editing your posts to insert them if you're too pressed to paste the template in? In other words, are you finding them distracting or annoying? They help me as GM visualize things and communicate what's going on, but it's possible they're not serving either purpose and I just don't know. :?
Please feel free, I love using the portraits I was just a bit rushed before
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Character Portraits

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:46 pm
SavageBob wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Please feel free, I love using the portraits I was just a bit rushed before
Please, go ahead and edit. Sometimes I am on the phone and plain text takes 10+ minutes to get done. lately, the phone is logging me out every other click.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:46 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 am
SavageBob wrote:
Righteo. Looks like ThreeBFour's been slammed with work lately, so hopefully he gets a breather this weekend.
Will knock it out now. Home for a bit tonight.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 pm

Jessa wants the "good stuff"....looking to thieve something if she can. Will spend a DP (better chance to find a goodie).

The DP paid off! At least she finds something good. With a lone success, then we find what we're looking for, nothing more. Looks like the droids (boosts dice) made the difference, too.

Jessa Biela; Echoes; Perception (Search):
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:57 am

Holy cow, what a roll! I'll post in a bit for both sub-parties.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:43 am

@DeepSpacer and @ThreeBFour, probably not what Jessa was hoping for, but do you plan to swipe any of this? If you want to be sneaky about it, we'll need a Skulduggery check with the difficulty based on how big the item is. I'll upgrade any such check with a Destiny Point, so let me know what looks tempting and we can figure out the dice pool.

"Breaker" heavy hydrospanner (ImageImageImage)
Fusion cutter (ImageImageImageImage)
Fire paste (Image)
Electromag pulse disruptor (Image)
Welding rod (ImageImageImageImage)
Emergency repair patch x 4 (Image; spend Image to swipe more than one)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:06 am

Is THAT the Dice pool with the DP spent?
EMP Disruptor is the one. Maybe a Patch, too.
What would choosing a second item to snatch be? Extra SB die?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:34 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:06 am
Is THAT the Dice pool with the DP spent?
EMP Disruptor is the one. Maybe a Patch, too.
What would choosing a second item to snatch be? Extra SB die?
Good question. Image sounds about right, with ImageImage for a third, etc. The pools above represent with the DP spent.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:23 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr and @Spiritbw, either one of you could plausibly have Farjam's letter of introduction. I thought about just narrating that Raysel handed it over, but I want to leave room for you to ask questions, look around, or do anything else you want. (Or just hand over the letter if you want!)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:22 am

I figured I'd stall the workshop scene a bit longer to hopefully give @ThreeBFour a chance to join in. As a droid tech, this is his character's chance to shine. But if he's away too much longer, we'll have to advance.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:58 am

Sorry guys just got back online. I'll post in the morning. Dozed off 3 times trying to catch up.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:58 am
Sorry guys just got back online. I'll post in the morning. Dozed off 3 times trying to catch up.
Haha! Glad to see you back. We can pause the droid scene till you catch up.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:35 am

No further thievery for Jessa. Not personally interested in droid stuff.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:20 pm

@DeepSpacer do you want to wait on @SavageBob on the Coercion check before we high-tail it out?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:20 pm
DeepSpacer do you want to wait on SavageBob on the Coercion check before we high-tail it out?
No. The check is more of window-dressing (RP'ing). I'm not actually trying to get BD to do something. I think she was going to wait to see what the lizard people bring out. Might be worth her while to swindle them out of something. Shouldn't take long. If they aren't worth taking, then she'll just say we were mistaken.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 am
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:20 pm
DeepSpacer do you want to wait on SavageBob on the Coercion check before we high-tail it out?
No. The check is more of window-dressing (RP'ing). I'm not actually trying to get BD to do something. I think she was going to wait to see what the lizard people bring out. Might be worth her while to swindle them out of something. Shouldn't take long. If they aren't worth taking, then she'll just say we were mistaken.
Well, you have a chance to eavesdrop here. And, in general, getting the NPCs do things for you either doesn't require a check, or would probably take Leadership rather than Coercion since they're already allies. :D

You can also split if you want, provided someone can pick that lock. (ImageImageImageImageImage) due to a DP flip and being rushed.

Or hang tight. They won't be long. Only then can you see if you're able to con them out of some droids.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:48 am

Not going to eavesdrop or pick the lock on jessa's part.

Return to “Discussion”