Reverb in Blue (IC): Session 3

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (IC): Session 3

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:04 am

Targus Jhonez
"More of an acquaintance than friend, but I'm not sure I want to tip our hands yet. He did help my hide BD and Genius in the dressing-room, but he's also working here at the pits. Let's give it a bit before asking him directly." He replies as they head down to the pits. "On the plus side it is a rather distinctive design."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:43 am

Nosaurian guard
Image [Just as Ryg'gos gets the cams synched, he feels a tap on his shoulder.]

“Uh, sorry there, Sir, but we, uh... only allow one camera operator at a time, and that bubble-head lady's already setting up her rig.”

[Ryg'gos sees Flash take the mic up on stage. The lights dim, and a spotlight lands on the Nosaurian majordomo. The crowd goes silent. The Caamasi can tell from his datapad that the ceiling cam is working, but he'll need to be free to use the datapad cam. It's only a matter of moments before the performance starts.]

Spoiler:
Ryg'gos can try to Charm or Deceive the guard (both Average (ImageImage) with ImageImage for the crowd). Coercion is also possible, but will be Hard (ImageImageImage) with the same ImageImage.
Screenwipe to…

Targus leads the way down the stairs. The pit seems to be a ramshackle affair made of wood, dirt, and scrap metal. The whole place smells of mildew and wet mud. A modest crowd of Humans mills about. Their fancy duds stand out amidst such filth. Still, the number of potential bettors (or participants?) pales compared to the number of armed Nosaurian guards ringing the earthen-floored pit.

Nosaurian bookie
Image [A Nosaurian whistles to catch Jessa's attention..]

“You looking to place a bet, sweetheart?”

[He takes a puff from a long pipe. The smell of ryll is unmistakable]

“Or maybe you're looking for some other kind of entertainment?”
Meanwhile, Ghaise, Meshel, and Targus scan the pit area for any sign of Hazz or the CZ-droid. Neither one seems to be out and about. The fights don't seem to have started yet.
Spoiler:
One of you three can give me a combined Average (ImageImage) Perception check with Image for the drastically different scene from the opulence you just left. Looks like you'd roll ImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:40 am

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:50 am

Jessa Biela
Image Jessa senses the opportunity for getting what she wants (the location of Gozer's droid). She will fake the smile and turn on the charm. She walks in closer to engaged range so they can speak quietly. "Oh, well, I couldn't. I have a show in a few, sweetheart!"

"But maybe you could tell me why Gozer keeps the droids down here and doesn't permit droids in the club? Well, of course, except for that ONE SPECIAL DROID, if you know what I mean!"
Spoiler:
Jessa would like to make a check to get this ryll guy to spill some sensitive info, if he has it. Charm Check?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:58 am

Nosaurian bookie
Image “Sorry, toots—I've got a job to do, see? You betting? Or buying? That's the kinda stuff I care to talk about.”
Spoiler:
Jessa can make an Average (ImageImage) Streetwise check to get into this guy's good graces, talking the talk as it were. 1 Image for every 50 credits she spends on bets or spice, but no purchase necessary to roll.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:18 am

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Sorry about that. I was just trying to make sure I was ready for when my group goes on. No harm in making sure I can get good footage is there?" He attempts a smile, but sees he’s getting no where with his attempts at charming the Nosarian. His smile quickly fades and he begins to back peddle. ”I guess I’m in the wrong here for that. I’ll just go wait for my group to take the stage.” He quickly stuffs the datapad into his pocket and sulks off with his head held low. He should be able to use the cam from the dressing room. So he quickly heads back that way and tries to get a good view with the cam droid. More than likely he would need to explain his absence from the floor to his partner in crime, but everything should work out.
Spoiler:
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Jessa Biela
Image "Well, of course! A bet, if you please. 50 credits on the oblong dust collector over there."

She hands over the credits and points out one of the two obvious participants getting ready for combat, whether it be in-person or names on a scratch board.
Spoiler:
Jessa Biela; Echoes; Streetwise:

**Spent a DP.**
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Now, I'm no newbie. I've been around. You never heard of the Blueshift Echoes?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:25 am

Dejected, Ryg’gos heads back to the dressing room. Along the way, he flashes a glance at his datapad and finds that at least his aerial cam is working fine. Small miracles, he supposes.

The droids seem to be shut down. Kri is taking a nap on one of the couches.

Raysel
Image [Ray’sel is fiddling with her costuming kit when the Caamasi enters.]

”Mr. Ryg’gos? Is everything OK?“
Screenwipe to…

Targus, Ghaise, and Meshel scan the pit area for any sign of Hazz or the CZ droid. The place isn't crowded yet; only about a dozen patrons seem to have wandered down here from the posh club above. A bit of subdued chatter is the only real sound. At the moment, only two droids are visible. (Image)

The first is an oblong droid with pincers and repulsorlift locomotion. (This is the droid Jessa bet on.)

The second is a small research droid of some sort, armed with a large hydrospanner.

What the band members do notice is a small blast door on the far side of the pit, away from the main viewing area. It seems like the place where the droids might be stored and, by extension, where Hazz might be working. Indeed, looking closer, you realize that one of the Nosaurian guards standing outside the blast door is none other than the one that Targus and Jessa met earlier in the day—the one that has a crush on Jessa. (ImageImageImage).

Nosaurian bookie
Image [Meanwhile, the bookie takes Jessa’s credits.]

“Fifty creds on FL0-RD. Good odds on him. Three to one.”

[He takes another drag from his pipe and leans on the counter.]

“Now, you say you’re with the Blueshift Echoes? What I know ‘bout them is just that their only ticket off this rock left ‘em in the lurch. Figure Zan leaving would be the only reason a gal like you’d be stuck in a place like this. We Nosaurians, we ain’t got no choice neither. Might as well be droids, us!”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:56 am

Jessa Biela
Image "Oh, I was rather hoping to see one of those CZ-series droids in the arena. You know, like the one Gozer had." She pauses to look for a reaction from the bookie. "I do hate them so." she says, leading him to say something.
Spoiler:
Only there's a catch to Farjam's offer: She needs the band to recover a CZ-series business droid she gifted to Gozer to spy on him (or at least to recover its memory).

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image Ryg’gos plopped down on the couch and started fiddling with the cam droid remotely to ensure it was working properly."Yea, everything’s fine. Just testing out the cam. Special rules don’t allow for two people to film the performances so I’m hiding out here. I’m surprised you aren’t looking around yourself."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Targus Jhonez
Targus nudges Ghaise a little, nodding in the direction of the door. "There! That door with the Nosaurian in front. I think that's the one that likes Jessa and it should lead to Hazz's office. We might be able to get some kind of information from him. Although we'll have to get by the guard first. Maybe Jessa can help if we grab her."

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 pm

Meshel Kevon

Meshel just nods in agreement and looks around some more. While he is wanting to find the droid the other Klatoonian is giving him cause to worry. Therefore he is keeping a weather eye out for him as well.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:02 am

Raysel
Image [Ray’sel sighs and flops into a seat that's more pillow than chair.]

Dad wants me here to keep an eye on the droids. Can you turn up your datapad, maybe? We could at least listen to the Rontos play.“
Screenwipe to…

Nosaurian bookie
Image “That ol' administrative droid? Master Gozer hates droids. Hates 'em. Prolly 'cause he was disinherited from the family bui'ness, Industrial Automation or whatever."

[The Nosaurian chuckles. His laugh sounds like a nerf steak being seared on an overheated grill.]

"Funny gift for a guy who hates droids, right? But maybe you wanna fight it? That one'll only come out if a patron wants to face off against it. Personally. S'pose it might come out if someone sponsored another droid against it instead. Ain't one for the title bouts, though.”

[He looks to Jessa and cocks a brow.]

“Don't mind me sayin', but you don't look like one for a fight y'rself, Miss.”
Meanwhile, Meshel, Targus, and Ghaise notice the Nosaurian by the pit door fish a comlink from his pocket. He nods to whatever is said over it. He approaches the door, and as he knocks, the clang of flesh on metal is audible from over here, but only barely. The door opens—it's a primitive affair with hinges rather than auto-repulsorlift technology. A figure stands silhouetted in the doorframe. It steps forward; it seems to be some sort of felinoid alien wearing posh clothes—way too posh for down here—and carrying some sort of electric whip.

Spoiler:
Ghaise, Targus, and Meshel] can try to identify the guy or his species if they wish. Knowledge (Underworld), (Outer Rim), or (Xenology). Any of the three will be Hard (ImageImageImage). Meshel and Targus will get Image for their street kid backgrounds. If you put your heads together, you can also make this a combined check (using the highest Intellect with the highest of one of the three skills listed above, plus ImageImageImage.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Spoiler:
ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 pm
Sorry meant to do this yesterday, but kept dozing off. Here is the combine roll.

Targus; Hyperlight Echoes; Underworld Combined:
5 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Meshel, Targus, and Ghaise whisper amongst themselves for a moment at the sight of the strange figure. Targus recognizes the guy as a Zygerrian—Rufus used to talk about doing odd jobs for them back in the day. The old man didn't like it, Targus remembers, since the Zygerrians were well known for their criminal undertakings. But Rufus wasn't a wealthy man, and a job was a job. (Image).

The name jogs Meshel's memory on the species: Word among street kids is that Zygerrians are known for being involved in two major "industries": spice and slaves. These criminal enterprises make them the main rivals of the Hutts. (ImageImageImage)

Ghaise starts to wonder: Could the Nosaurians working for Gozer be enslaved, perhaps…? (Image)

Nosaurian bookie
Image [Meanwhile, the bookie looks to the foppish Zygerrian and back to Jessa.]

“Well, with Tollo on the floor, won't be long now 'fore the fights start. You entering? Or no?"

Spoiler:
Not advocating one way or another, but remember that Jessa does have that droid disabler thingie she stole.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Jessa Biela
Image "Give me a second...." she motions to the bookie. "this will just take a second." she says.

Jessa goes over to Meshel to whisper to him. "The droid whose memory Farjam wants is available to fight it its a live opponent. Why don't you go in the arena and rip its head off and take it's memory core. Say it's your rightful trophy as victor?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:24 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 pm
Targus Jhonez
"I have noticed that several of them seem to be afraid of something, but no idea of what it might be. If the are slaves it kinda makes me want to go back and tell Bucky about it and join him in screwing things up. I hate slavery, but as Rufus said more than once to me, 'A job is a job'.". He whispers to the others as he eyes the Zygerrian intently

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:04 am

As the Zygerrian takes the ring, Targus, Jessa, Meshel, and Ghaise make their way around the outside of the arena to the closed door. The Nosaurian guarding it is a familiar face.

Garl
Image "Oh, uh, hi, Jessa! You here to see Hazz? He's a bit busy at the moment. Show's 'bout to start an' all."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:14 am

"Let the games begin!"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:24 am

Spoiler:
Ryg’gos ; Perception :
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
”Let’s just see if anyone is doing anything they shouldn’t be.”

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Garl
Image "So, there's the thing… We really can't have people over here. We don't want the bettors to think there's been interference with the droids… I could let a couple of you in, but it's probably best if the others wait over in the viewing area."
Spoiler:
Jessa and Targus can decide if they'd rather watch the current match first and come back or slip in now. Meshel and Ghaise will return to the viewing area.
Screenwipe to…

Ryg'gos trains his newly placed ceiling cam on the audience for a moment. He has the camdroid scan the crowd and spots someone he recognizes.

Granari
Image [It's Granari milling about in the crowd. She eventually makes her way to one of the tables where one of the town council members is sitting with an older but well-kept woman. The woman and Granari exchange what looks to be pleasantries while the councilor, Sir Goodred Finn-Staquel, fixes his gaze toward the stage, just off camera.]
Sir Goodred Finn-Staquel
Image [The older woman gets up and gives Finn-Staquel a kiss on his lips. She then disappears off camera, headed for the freshers. Granari lingers for a moment while Finn-Staquel watches the older woman walk off.]

[Then he reaches for the Zeltron songstress's hand, pulls her close, and moves in to whisper something to her. Granari giggles. He lingers just a bit too long for a casual acquaintance. Then you see him slip something to the Zeltron—some sort of card key maybe. She quickly pockets it and heads toward the stage.]
Raysel
Image "What are they up to?"

[The sound of music plays over the monitor in the dressing room.]

"Whoops! They've started! We missed the intro!"

Spoiler:
The Image indicates you've missed the introduction of the band and the opening bars of their first song. Ellimelli will be peeved.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Whoops! Couldn’t really miss that drama we just caught. Better start recording the performance. Hopefully I can get some good shots to make up for missing the intro.”

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:33 am

Targus grabs Jessa's hand for a second. "Hold on a sec Jessa," He says quietly, leaning in. "Let's call it morbid curiosity, but I'd like to catch at least part of the first bout. Also everyone else will be more distracted by then so our friend here can sneak us in easier."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 pm

The bout proceeds with pomp and circumstance. The Zygerrian master of ceremonies introduces each droid in turn, striking at each with his vibro-whip to force it into the central fighting grounds. The oblong droid with the pincers is apparently called FM2-TM, while the research droid with the hydrospanner is SP-4-X9.

With a final pronouncement, the two droids attack!

After several minutes of back-and-forth blows, the hovering droid's added maneuverability seals the match. With a final thrust of its pincers, it slams the archive droid to the ground. The archive droid does not get up. However, the hovering droid seems to have problems of its own, as its repulsorlift engine seems to fail, sending it plummeting to the ground with a thud. The droid still seems operational, it just can't move.

Hazz
Image [Jessa's droid has won the match (and she won her bet)! However, within moments, Hazz emerges.]

”Blast it! That's two droids down—and these things are heavy. Garl, help me out, will ya?”
Garl
Image [Hazz doesn't seem to have noticed you, but if the Nosaurian goes to the center of the ring, the door to the droid staging area will be unguarded. The Nosaurian looks to Jessa and Targus, unsure what to do.]

"Uh... Just a sec...."
Screenwipe to…

Raysel
Image "Good luck, Ryg'gos!“
Indeed, the Raging Rontos are on! Time to see what the ceiling cam can do.
Spoiler:
Kanila, give me an Average (ImageImage) Deception or Computers check to see how well you can record the concert. Potential Image and Image will help us decide if you get another shot on a failure.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am

Targus Jhonez
Targus jerks his head in the direction of Hazz and Garl. "Wanna help them drag the droids inside that nice secure area?" He asks her just loud enough for only her to hear him over the noise of the after fight crowd.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Jessa Biela
Image Jessa replies to Targus, "Let's do it. And somehow find that protocol droid."

Return to “The Story”