Reverb in Blue (IC): Session 2

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue (IC): Session 2

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Ellimelli Porpa
Image [Ellimelli pauses. The only movement is a small vapor trail from her suit.]

“Intriguing. But once the footage gets out, won't it be obvious we violated Gozer's anti-droid policy? Sounds like releasing the vids will burn our bridges with him.”

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Potentially, but not necessarily the case. We each make two vids, one for wide spread distribution. That one would be the vids filmed by hand, on the ground. The other vid would include the extra footage for use only with potential gigs. The fans won’t see the ‘special’ vids but could be used to showcase the bands’ talents to potential gigs. That way we can limit the risk to ourselves. If word did get back to Gozer he could see it in one of two ways, that we violated the anti-droid policy or a rival club snuck it in here to film the show.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Ellimelli Porpa

“Sounds dangerous. I might be convinced to edit two separate holovids. But four is a bit much.”

Spoiler:
Ellimelli Porpa; Hyperlight Echoes; Negotiation:
0 Success, 1 Advantage

Flipped a DP.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Porpa suffers 2 strain for a failed check. She's at 9/12. Image = Image on Ryg'gos next Negotiation check.

[Ryg'gos gets the impression that if he just holds strong, Porpa might relent. Or if he offered a bit more, she might be willing to accept.]

Meanwhile...

Meshel and Ghaise go by what Targus and Jessa told them as Lalkan tags along. They head toward Hazz's workroom through the kitchen. A cadre of Nosaurians is at work preparing for the upcoming evening. The club apparently offers full dining services.

A couple of armed Nosaurians watch over the preparations.

Nosaurian Guard
Image "You boys looking for your dressing room? It's behind the stage."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Oh come on now. It’s not like you would be doing the editing alone, I’m just asking for your help editing my videos. Besides I’m the one taking the biggest risk here for BOTH of our benefit. You can’t exactly expect something for nothing now can you?”
Spoiler:
Ryg’gos ; Hyperlight Echoes ; Negotiation :
2 Failures, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Remove 3 Strain with the Advatages
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Ellimelli Porpa

“I'll admit. I'm intrigued. What's your final offer?”

[No counter offer? Maybe another approach might be all that's needed at this point.]

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Let’s see how this current arrangement goes. If everything goes well, perhaps I could assist you with my cam droid in the future.”
Spoiler:

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 am

Meshel Kevon

Meshel gives the guard a smile,”Yeah, Thanks. We ha’ some time before our set. Though’ we’d take a look at this fightin’ ring we heard was here. Can ya poin’ us in the right direction?”

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:19 am

Ellimelli Porpa

“OK, I give up! I'll help. It's against my better judgment, but I'm in. Now where's this perfect hiding place of yours? We don't have much time before people start trickling in.”

Meanwhile...

Nosaurian Guard
Image [The guards look at one another for a moment.]

"Uh… fighting ring? Dimo, you know of any fighting ring?"
Dimo
Image "News to me, Yubbo!"
Spoiler:
Nosaurian guards; Hyperlight Echoes; Deception:
1 Failure, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image because they're lying to both Meshel and Ghaise. Image because there are two of them.

[It's an obvious lie.]
Lalkan Kithaba
Image [Lalkan has approached the door leading to Hazz's workshop. He's inspecting it closely.]
Yubbo
Image "Hey, get away from there!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 am
Granari
Image [She sighs.]
“But half the City Council's supposed to be here tonight! I've kind of got a thing going… with one of the councilmen. Still early days. But I thought maybe if I sweet-talked him a bit… It'll just be harder if we headline."
[The conversation seems to have captured the attention of Kittobuck and Nijor.]
Spoiler:
ImageImage grabbed their attention.
Jessa Biela
Image "Harder if you headline??? I thought it'd be EASIER if you headline.....more attention for you, right?"

"You trying to get the anti-alien ordinances lifted? I'd be for that."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "There’s a nice spot in the rafters that no one will even notice.”

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Granari
Image “The ordinance? Bucky and Nijor think we might be able to do something about that—the furry guy and the pale guy. I'm not so sure. I'm thinking if the Rontos take top billing it's more money for the band, but it's a longer set. Less time to sweet-talk the councilman. Just looking out for myself. You can understand that."

[Again, Kittobuck and Nijor are obviously overhearing this.]

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Meshel Kevon

“Ah, come on fellas. One o’ my mates’ known Hazz a long time.” Meshel cajoles the two,”Had a good talk with him on the way here too.”

Being nice when it comes to street stuff just isn’t Meshel’s thing. With the clock ticking in his mind his body language shifts more to an aggressive stance. Suggesting he’s trying nice, but is considering not nice.

“We ain’ the type ta snitch if ya let us go have a chat ya?”

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Targus Jhonez
"I don't know which way the other are leaning, but I'm on the fence." Targus says to the two band members. "While it would be completely awesome to headline, I can't help but be a little apprehensive about doing so. What if I screw it up like I almost did before?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:56 pm
Granari
Image “The ordinance? Bucky and Nijor think we might be able to do something about that—the furry guy and the pale guy. I'm not so sure. I'm thinking if the Rontos take top billing it's more money for the band, but it's a longer set. Less time to sweet-talk the councilman. Just looking out for myself. You can understand that."

[Again, Kittobuck and Nijor are obviously overhearing this.]
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 am
Jessa Biela
Image "Well....OBVIOUSLY...... the Rontos should open so you can have more time to sweet-talk the councilman! You can do us ALL (all aliens) a favor by easing those restrictions. Happy to contribute! You let me know how it goes, yes?"

Jessa (again) is taking great pride in putting down her competition while elevating the Echoes to prominence. The way she sees it, she can make the most credits, increase her influence, and possibly ease the anti-alien ordinance all at the same time! I don't suspect there are drawbacks to headlining other than the longer set.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 am

Kittobuck
Image [The big Wookiee perks up at Jessa's proclamation. He trains his intense stare onto Targus.]

“Garooo rrrrlll. Rwwwooowwwrr! Grrwwwwwllorrsh.”

Spoiler:
"Kid, don't doubt yourself. You've got it. I just hope you and the Echoes don't waste the opportunity you've got if you take the top spot."
Nijor Pitor
Image “He says you're good. Good enough to headline. But Bucky's a big-gesture kinda guy. He thinks the top band should take a stand tonight about the anti-alien musician ordinance.”
Kittobuck
Image “Rrrrffff gwwwwwrrlllll!”
Spoiler:
"What better time?"

Nijor Pitor
Image “What better time? Later! When everyone's good and liquored up, having a good time!”
Granari
Image [Granari looks at Jessa, brow furrowed, as her bandmates get animated.]

“I'm not all that convinced we can do much about the ordinance at all.."

[She takes a step back, bringing the five remaining musicians into a single conversaion.]

“What Bucky has planned, though? That could get us all put in jail."
Nijor Pitor
Image [The Wookiee seems poised to respond, but Nijor holds up a hand.]

“We might as well let 'em know, Buck. Look, you seem like decent folks. Zannel was an upstanding guy until he wasn't. But if the Rontos headline, Bucky plans to make a scene. Maybe even refuse to go on. Or maybe he's gonna call out the Town Council for their cowardice. From the stage. I mean, this place is going to be full of every vice you can think of. Why d'ya think there are no cams allowed past the dance floor?”
Kittobuck
Image “Ssssnnnnnrrlll grrrntrrrnor snurrrfff orfff!”
Spoiler:
"This is our chance to make a stand!"
Granari
Image “I'd rather use the time to enjoy myself. I can have a good time with a Town Councilman! If we open, we can take advantage of the fact that we're the only aliens here. Have a drink, dance, do some gambling!"

[She realizes how selfish this all sounds.]

"But if we want to do something about the ordinance, we do it later in the night. Play it cool. Wait till everyone's happy, bopping their heads to the Echoes. Then we work our charms in the crowd."
Nijor Pitor
Image [Nijor frowns at Targus and Jessa.]

“You see the dilemma. Which approach would be more effective: A grand gesture? or subtle nothings in the councilor's ears? Were you planning to take any action against the ordinance? Or did you have other goals for the evening?”

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:28 am

Targus Jhonez
"Maybe I'm just young and naive, but I play for the music and I can hope that if we do well enough some of those minds that need to change, will be."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 pm
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:54 am
Ghaise
when Meshal and his fellow Klantoonian didn't seem to be able to get past the two Nosaurians, Ghaise figured he would have to act fast. we need to get through to the droid pits, but we can't let anyone on to the fact that we're looking for a doid, got to be careful or it could be the end for us. Looking at the two Ghaise puts up his hands defensively, "I'm sorry boys, we just got done with our audition and were looking for a bit of fun. Like my friend says we were told about the droid battle pits and thought we would check them out before the show, but if you got to keep things quiet I understand and respect your prudence. With the pro-empire sentiment and rising xenophobia here it's going to just get harder and harder to find places like this and our fates are all tied to Mr. Gozer's establishment.” He extends a hand to them as if to give them a shake of camaraderie, "I look forward to working with you guys, and hope that you could help us find somthing to pass the time until our set."

Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 am

Ellimelli Porpa

“All right, Ryg'gos. You win. But time's running out. Where's this perfect hiding spot of yours?”

[Ryg'gos knows that Kri was the one who spotted it. You see her behind the bar taking shots of Merenzane Gold.]
Meanwhile...

Kittobuck
Image [Kittobuck puts a furred hand on Targus's shoulder.]

“Ahao'c whooao wwraahrc, orahwa. cooscwooowhwo rooohurc rarrwo cacoohuanwawh'ao acrahowo aooo scraorwo ra wawooaahcahoowh anahorwo aoacahc.”

Spoiler:
"It's not fair, kid. Someone your age, just starting out, shouldn't have to make this sort of decision."
Nijor Pitor
Image [The Arkanian seems upset.]

“That's why we need to take things slow, Bucky. Making a stand on stage and you put all of us at risk. Maybe the kid's on to something. What do you mean by playing and changing minds, Targus?”

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 am

Targus Jhonez
"What I mean is that they are expecting several councilmen here tonight, and if both bands play well, maybe they will realize that their ban on non-human bands was a knee-jerk reaction to things. I'm not anti-human, but they do not play music any better than anybody else. Each species has its great musicians and I hope that after tonight the councilmen will get that."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:25 am

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Don’t worry, I’ll hold up my end. Just don’t look up during the performances." He gives Ellimelli a wink before heading back to the bar where Kri is.

”Kri, it’s time. You know the spot so I’ll let you hand it. I owe you big time!” Ryg’gos flashed her a smile before giving a wave and heading back towards the stage to hear what was going on. He wondered how much he had missed while talking with Ellimelli.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Kri
Image [Kri grabs Ryg'gos before he can leave.]

"Whoah, whoah, whoah! You want me to place the camdroid on my own? I can try, but it'll be dangerous without a lookout…"

Spoiler:
It'll be easier to get the droid into place if Ryg'gos helps, but she can still try unaided if you prefer.
Meanwhile...

Lalkan Kithaba
Image [Lalkan begins pressing in combinations at random on the door to Hazz's workshop.]
Yubbo
Image [The Klatooinian's actions seem to be all the guards care about.]

"Get your friend here out of our kitchens before things get ugly!"
Dimo
Image "Out! Out! Out!"

[The two guards force you all out at gunpoint.]
[You put a safe distance between yourself and those guns. A few Nosaurian servers skitter out of the kitchen behind you and get to work setting the dining tables. One of them waits until you're nearby.]

Nosaurian Server
Image "Pssst! You're new around here, right? Were you serious in there? About working with us Nosaurians? "
Meanwhile...

Kittobuck
Image [Kittobuck looks into the distance at Targus's idealism.]

“Rooohu raahwh'ao whwohoworc rhwowowh wowhcanrahowowa, acrahowo rooohu orahwa?”

Spoiler:
"You ain't never been enslaved, have you, kid?"
Granari
Image “The Wook's right, kid. Sorry, but some of us know all too well what it means to entertain Humans who see us as personal property. Or worse."
Nijor Pitor
Image “It's true. Things are bad. But maybe… There may be something to what Targus says. I mean, if the Echoes can impress the town councilors during their set, the Rontos can do the sweet-talking. I mean, if they're in a good mood, hearing their favorite tunes, they might just be more open to our arguments against the ordinance. That sound doable to you Echoes?”

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Targus Jhonez
Targus stiffens a little at Kittobuck's question. "Bucky, yours is not the only species that the Empire has enslaved. They use mine to work the mines of my homeworld. My father died getting my Mother and I to freedom and luckily Ruffus took a shine to us, and taught me that not all humans are bad." Standing as tall as he can in front of the towering Wookiee, he continues. "So while I myself might not have been enslaved, my people are. But what I do know is both you and I are free now, so let's use that freedom to mean something, instead of moping around and getting bantha-faced." Targus sneers the last words and walks away.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 am

Ryg'gos Rat'kras
Image "Of course I’ll help. Can’t have you doing all the risky stuff alone. Thanks for earlier."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 am

Nijor Pitor
Image “It's true. Things are bad. But maybe… There may be something to what Targus says. I mean, if the Echoes can impress the town councilors during their set, the Rontos can do the sweet-talking. I mean, if they're in a good mood, hearing their favorite tunes, they might just be more open to our arguments against the ordinance. That sound doable to you Echoes?”
[/quote]
Jessa Biela
Image "Surrrrrre.... Go for it." says Jessa with a hint of sarcasm that may not be caught by most.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:10 am

Meshel Kevon

Meshel looks at the nosaurian that spoke with a bit of a surprised expression,”Well yeah. As Ghaise said, we’z all in this ta gether. I mean, with the laws as is only makes sense.”

Return to “The Story”