Reverb in Blue (IC)

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Spiritbw
Flyboy

Re: Reverb in Blue (IC)

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:21 am

Meshel Kevon
Image ”Well, given Mr. Gozer has his hand in gamblin’ an’ bookkeepin’ wouldn’ surprise me if he’s got properties under other names.”Meshel muses.

”Either the laundry is jus’ a meetin’ place or betcha his possible aliases own at least one place ajoinin’ it.”

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:51 am

The night passes quickly as the band prepares for their meeting with Gozer: a career-changing encounter, or another setback in the band's post-Zannel era? After a good night's sleep and morning preparations, the group gets ready to head to the monorail station and on to the coordinates provided by Voog Sterk. Gozer will provide equipment and instruments, the big man said, so that's at least some relief from the stress.
Spoiler:
Everyone is now back to full Strain if they weren't before.

Need 2 Leadership checks, one from Geise, one from Targus (described in the OOC).

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Targus Jhonez
Image Standing next to the droid loading section on the platform for the monorail, Targus gave instructions to BD-BD and Genius about which stop to get off at. "Oh, one more thing. I want you to keep your ears open for any information that might be of interest to us."
Last edited by ThreeBFour on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Genius
Image "Beedle beep...dworp brip beep dworp"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Targus Jhonez
Image "Oh for kirffing sake Genius. It's a figure of speech. I know you don't have ears per say. So to make it simple use you auditory circuits to listen to what the other droids are talking about and relay what you hear to BD-BD, especially if it concerns Gozer." Looking to BD-BD, he continues. "BD, you're in charge. Genius you do what he says and if you get out of line he has my permission to smack you in the nose. Got it?"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:00 pm

BD-BD
Image "Brep doo."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Genius
Image "Brep doo."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 pm

So, this used to be the post where ghaise told everyone to get on the train and gave rayzal a peptalk about how important she is to the team, but i accidentally edited it when I meant to copy the text and i cant get the original text back

Ghaise
Image Ghaise gives Meshal a look of his own, the creeping suspicion of a father coming over him, but then he pulls himself back to the present.

Looking down at Rayzel, who is understandably upset, Ghaise tries to calm her down, Hey now, no one is going anywhere, you are central to the mission, and you have more skills that you can help us with than just your makeup and costume abilities and everyone here knows that. Now let's look around and see if any of these shops has something that could be of use to you, but even if they don't then we still need you to watch our backs in this place ok.

Ghaise looks around when he thinks he sees something.
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:09 pm

With Targus and Geise keeping everyone in sync, the mechanicals and organics board their respective monorail cars. The route's not too complicated, just a change from the yellow line to the red line in the Central Business District. Yet the train is something of a circus. Commuters come on and off, many of them boisterous youth on their way home from school. Rayzel strikes up a conversation with a young man with a cybernetic arm, and the boy shows off his new gravity belt by doing somersaults in the car. At one point, he falls on top of Raysel, but quickly dusts himself off and apologizes before Geise can throttle him.

Before anyone stops to think about it, the band realizes they've overshot their connecting stop by a full station. Rayzel says goodbye to the boy, and the band members quickly exit and cross the platform, losing a good twenty minutes waiting for a return train [Image].

Course corrected, the band arrives at the station to find BD-BD and Genius waiting for them near what looks to be an oil spill.

Genius
Image [The droid sidles up to Targus and hides between the Elomin's legs.]
BD-BD
Image "Bzzzt broot bleep bazoot!"

[Targus can interpret what the little droid is saying.]
Spoiler:
"Masters! I calculate that you have arrived 23.75 Nubian minutes later than we anticipated. But I have to say I am happy to see you."
Genius
Image "Bzzzt bzzzt bdum bdum bdum…."
Spoiler:
"When we got to the station there was a man and he tried to take us and he had droids with him and he said he was selling them to the cyber-face beard man for the fighting pits and he tried to take us but BD-BD blew oil in his face and he ran out but he had three droids with him a 2-1B unit and a LOM protocol droid and an R3 droid too!"[ImageImageImageImage]
BD-BD
Image "BLORT blont."
Spoiler:
"Well, that hardly a tale we should bore our masters with, Genius. The point is we arrived at our designated destination on time, thank you."
Raysel
Image [Suddenly, Raysel's eyes widen.]

"Wait… Where's my stuff? It's gone! My satchel! With all my stuff!"

[Tears well up in her large, green eyes.]

"How am I going to do costumes and makeup without my stuff? Dad! Don't send me back!" [Image]

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:58 am

Targus Jhonez
Image Targus looks to the droids. "Great job boys. I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble. Did either of you get an image of the man? Maybe we can track him down and liberate his acquisitions if need be."
Turning to Raysel he quickly tries to head off the upcoming waterworks. "Ray, it wasn't your fault, your new little boyfriend had us all fooled."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:31 am

Raysel
Image [The waterworks start.]

"He's not my boyfriend!"
BD-BD
Image [BD-BD's optic sensor looks to Raysel, then to Targus. He pauses.]

"Squeeeee....."

Spoiler:
"No image, Master. But he was human. Dark skin and hair. One eye perhaps cybernetically enhanced. Unfortunate facial hair."

[The droid's sensor turns toward the oil slick.]

"Blorot bzzrt."

Spoiler:
"He did leave a trail."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:57 am

Targus Jhonez
Image Although he himself was a teenager, he didn't understand what Rayzel was so upset about. "I'm sorry Ray, it was meant as a joke to lighten the mood." Looking at Geise with a helpless look on his face, he decides to change the subject.
"Guys do I have enough time to search for this droid thief real quick?"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:40 am

Meshel Kevon
Image Meshel pats Rayzel on the shoulder offering what comfort he can,”No one blamin’ you Rayz.” he says soothingly.

”Think we got time ta deal with this or we gonna have ta hussle our behinds to th’ audition?” he looks back the way they came with a dark expression,”When I catch up with th’ guy I goin’ wanna spend some time sendin’ a message.”

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:53 am

Ghaise
Image Ghaise gives Meshal a look of his own, the creeping suspicion of a father coming over him, but then he pulls himself back to the present, "Boys, stop being rude and learn to read the situation."

Looking down at Rayzel, who is understandably upset, Ghaise tries to calm her down, Hey now, no one is going anywhere, you are central to the mission, and you have more skills that you can help us with than just your makeup and costume abilities and everyone here knows that. Now let's look around and see if any of these shops has something that could be of use to you, but even if they don't then we still need you to watch our backs in this place ok.

Ghaise looks around when he thinks he sees something, and it happens to be exactly what he was looking for, "Look, I knew we were close to the area, this is the shop that I bought you your first makeup kit at, and they still have some in the window. I know it's not kitted out the way you're used to, but do you think that can hold you over til after the show when we have time to track down the cyborg that stole your custom kit?"

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:42 am

The area just outside the monorail station is a tangle of cheap food stalls, ragtag transients, and small storefronts. Geise spots a shop called Queyazuba's Costumery, an old shop known to Nuba City's performer scene, and a relic from back when this neighborhood was known for its old jukejoints and playhouses.

Raysel
Image [Raysel stands up to her full height and meets her dad's red-eyed gaze. She steels herself, and the tears clear up. On a mission, she steps over a discarded ronto bone and into the shop. Inside, she locates a kit quickly.]

"This one will work. It's just as good as mine was. It'll just take me a little time to get used to it."

Spoiler:
Raysel's new kit is mechanically equivalent to the old one, but she'll get Image for the first 24 hours she uses it to represent unfamiliarity. Kit costs 500 credits.

[The purple-furred girl hands over the credits. She and Geise head back outside.]

BD-BD
Spoiler:

[The droid's sensor turns toward the oil slick.]

"Bawoooot zat zat zat!"

Spoiler:
"The oil trail continues in that direction, Masters."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 am

Targus Jhonez
Image "Good optics there BD. Jessa, which direction are we headed? Any chance we are going in that direction?" He asks looking at the oil trail on the floor.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:52 am

"Directions had us somewhere near a laundry center, but I am not sure."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:36 am

Ghaise
Image Ghaise smiles as they exit the shop, happy that Rayzal is feeling better, when he shoots a menacing look in the direction that they had come from on the metro, at the mistaken station where the thief got off the train, You think you got away now boy but you will find your luck is not as good as you think

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:57 am

Jessa isn't usually so generous, but she dislikes being stolen from and attempts to track which direction they went.
Spoiler:
Jessa Biela; Echoes; Tracking:
2 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Looks like the extra boosts weren't all that needed.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Jessa and the others follow the drops of oil for a couple of blocks away from the station. The droid tracks make the task even easier: When the oil dries up, the tracks are still evident. Hey! She even spots a discarded chit worth 100 credits. Maybe this fool's errand wasn't so pointless after all. (ImageImageImageImage)

After a few blocks, Jessa recognizes the rendezvous point: a laundromat that glows with a blue light at the end of an alley. The spires of the business district stand in the distance.

But the trail continues. The droid tracks lead past the laundromat, around a corner, and into an alley. The bandmates peer around the corner for a moment, and a bipedal figure appears silhouetted against an open doorway.

Unknown Person
Image "Hey! What'cha waiting for? Bring your droids over here already!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:07 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 am
Jessa Biela
Image Jessa nods for the others to come along. She puts her Spukami Pocket Blaster Pistol (+1 Setback to detect) in-hand under her robes. Not knowing the particulars, she makes a best guess and tries to talk a bit English-street dialect. "Sorry for the lag. Traffic, ya know!" She'll approach the door and attempt to duck in like she belongs there if the door-person is allowing it.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:02 am

Meshel Kevon
Image Meshel is feeling a lot less friendly right at the moment. The Klatoonian is letting it show as he stalks towards the man, one hand slipping into his pocket and his knuckle dusters as he does so.

”It’s been a tryin’ night s’far pal,”he growls at the man, intimidation radiating from every pore. ”M’be you wanna try askin’ that again. Polite like.”

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:30 am

Guard #1
Image [The lithe Twi'lek slips past the guard before he knows what's happening. She sees that he's some sort of reptilian humanoid. He stands about a head shorter than her, but his stout frame suggests a powerful physique.]

"What the—?"

Past the guard, Jessa sees a dimly lit chamber with various mechanic bits and bobs strewn about. Another pair of reptilians plays cards at a table in the corner.

Guard #2
Image [One of the card players reaches for a blaster.]

"Hey!"
Guard #3
Image [The second reaches for a blaster and calls out in a gruff voice:]

"Stop right there!"
Spoiler:
Guard; Hyperlight Echoes; Coercion:
1 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adding 2 Setbacks for Jessa's rolled Advantages:

Guard; Hyperlight Echoes; Coercion:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImage

[The Twi'lek feels like perhaps she's in over her head...]

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Guard #1
Image [The short door guard faces Meshel at the Klatooinian's threat. Two clawed hands go up as if to say, 'Don't shoot!' Never mind that his buddies are the ones with the guns.]

"Whoah! Whoah! Whoah there, buddy! I can be polite."

[His voice shifts: rehearsed, sarcastic even.]

"Welcome to Hazz's Droid Repair and Sales. Now celebrating one full year in business. How may I assist you."

[The other two guards keep their blasters trained on Jessa.]

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:36 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 am
Jessa Biela
Image Jessa stops in her tracks. Physical conflict is not her thing. She pauses and gives quaint, yet nervous, smile.

"Hey fellas! I just thought the doorman invited us in!" she says in an obvious lie, hoping that the attempt at humor will calm things down a bit.
Spoiler:
Jessa Biela; Echoes; Charm:
"Kill with Kindness" removes a SB. Used Congenial Talent (+1 Strain) to downgrade any potential Red Die. Even another Purple wouldn't overcome the 3 Successes.

Triumph to get them to lower the weapons? Accept this as an innocent blunder? Maybe get recognized as a "star"?

3 Successes, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Story”