Voron the Manager

Character proposals for this game.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Voron the Manager

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Looking good! It's a bit convoluted, but there's nothing wrong with that. My one complaint as GM is that the time with Redbeam and the band seems almost as an afterthought. Would it make sense to alter the key details of how you got free? Rather than Magnis freeing Voron on Corellia, what if Voron was instead instructed to go to an audition and deliver the cargo secretly to someone at the venue (maybe a security guard or technician). The audition just happened to be for Zannel Redbeam and the ____ (the band), and Voron was offered the job with them! He quit smuggling spice for Shorlioc the Hutt, disappearing into the music scene on Nubia with the band. I think this would still hit the same major notes you have in the story now, but it would tie you in more directly to the band and its history.

The other thing to fix is Obligation. You get 20 Obligation. 10 of it is for Shorlioc, which is fine. The other 10 can be for something else, but it's a personal Obligation, not a group Obligation. It can tie into the band's breakup, or it could be Criminal (since you were smuggling spice) or something else. Anything come to mind?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Hey, @LaGouache! Just checking in. How's the character coming? We should be ready to start soon if we can get characters finalized.

LaGouache
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by LaGouache » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 pm

I had some sleepy evenings lately, got to bed early without being able to think properly. I hope to do it during this weekend, with my mind well at rest to provide something good enough :)
Sorry for the delay.

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm

I updated the story and the obligations. Let me know if you see things to change.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:49 am

LaGouache wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm
I updated the story and the obligations. Let me know if you see things to change.
Great! I like it. For the Obligations, instead of Betrayal and Debt, what do you think about Blackmail and Servitude?

Blackmail is in the Edge of the Empire core rulebook. Basically, it would mean that Zannel knows that you actually belong to the Hutt and he can use that information against you. Servitude is from Fly Casual, the smuggler book:

Servitude: Although you might act like your own boss, you are actually the property of another and must either hand over any earnings or else evade your owner entirely. You could deal with the Obligation by earning enough credits to buy your freedom, or you could kill or otherwise remove your master.

Betrayal and Debt work, too, but I just thought these two seemed to represent your backstory better. Once you decide on final Obligations, you can move your character to the approved characters forum.

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:39 am

Servitude is great indeed !
But why would Zannel Blackmail Voron ? He left the group to go solo, letting the band without its major asset, but why would he hold a grudge against them to the point he would blackmail a poor organist with no income source anymore, or worse, denounce him to the Hutt, leading him to a most certain death. That seems very cruel for anyone but a Sith Lord :lol:

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:45 am

LaGouache wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:39 am
Servitude is great indeed !
But why would Zannel Blackmail Voron ? He left the group to go solo, letting the band without its major asset, but why would he hold a grudge against them to the point he would blackmail a poor organist with no income source anymore, or worse, denounce him to the Hutt, leading him to a most certain death. That seems very cruel for anyone but a Sith Lord :lol:
Yeah, but Zannel feels betrayed by all of you refusing to let him have the band name and the rights to your songs! :lol: Of course, I was just thinking of ways we could diversity the PC Obligations, since Jessa already had Betrayal. But two Betrayals is perfectly fine.

You're ready to move your character to the approved forum.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Do you still plan to change Obligation: Debt to Obligation: Servitude? It gives me more to work with as a GM and distinguishes you from the other PCs.

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:28 am

Oh, yes. Sorry. I thought I did it already. Of course, I will use Servitude, it fits very well.

Return to “Character Concepts”