Guy'Patter'Sen Chiss Drummer (Commander Figurehead)

Character proposals for this game.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Guy'Patter'Sen Chiss Drummer (Commander Figurehead)

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Cool picture! And the name is great. It's OK to go by Guy if you prefer, but Gaise works, too.

The character is approved once you're satisfied with him. We may still need to tweak backstory here and there as we iron out the particulars of the band's group background, but that's no reason to keep you from posting this to the approved characters section.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Cool, and yea I went with the new name because I couldn't figure out how to make guy work with the standard chiss naming practices. I thought about having him have dropped his initial family name, signifying that he at one point could have been an admiral, and then guy would make sense since it would have been his full middle name, but honestly, that was a bit much so I made up a chiss name that would work.

Plus I like the way Gaise sounds.

I'm going to see about tweaking gear a bit since you put out that new list, but aside from that I'll post him to the approved. Also looking forward to developing the cataclysm of his fleet some time in the future lol.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Guy could easily be a nickname, Redbeam could have called him that when they 1st met and then as a regular inside joke and others pick up on it. "
For Example: "Hey Guy, watch where you are going, with those cases," says the tall, handsome human, his feet stuck into the shuttle's aisleway.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:13 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 pm
Guy could easily be a nickname, Redbeam could have called him that when they 1st met and then as a regular inside joke and others pick up on it. "
For Example: "Hey Guy, watch where you are going, with those cases," says the tall, handsome human, his feet stuck into the shuttle's aisleway.
Nice, I kind of like that as like a nickname that only Zan uses for him.

He’d be “hey guy watch it” and my guy would be “actually the names gaeys”

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:13 pm
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 pm
Nice, I kind of like that as like a nickname that only Zan uses for him.

He’d be “hey guy watch it” and my guy would be “actually the names gaeys”
Right, a few others in the band could have picked up on it when it was originally formed.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:21 am

alright, i've updated the obligations, and i am going to put this up in the authorized characters section soon, just wanted to give @SavageBob a chance to take one last look at the way I wrote the obligations to make sure they work out.

I am having a thought about the dutybound obligation, i wrote it so that he had a duty to perform in order to justify his survival, i also wrote it so that this helps ease his flashbacks, if we were to make this work like the addict trait then it could have it where he suffers setbacks if he goes a certain amount of time without performing due to the distraction of intrusive thoughts and flashbakcs.

also regarding the calm comander trait, i had a thought since we at one point postulated about the makeup of the audience being that of fans who like us and people we need to convince, what if we treated these as mass combat groups, where my calm comander would be able to be used to direct the fans who like us to help us in our convincing of the non-fan viewers?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:51 am

Unfortunately, I was overlooking a key provision of the business/homestead rules and Group Obligation. In a nutshell, there's no group Betrayal Obligation, but I would appreciate it if you could bump up your Obligation devoted to Zan by a bit, as I was banking on that plot device as the GM! See if you want to readjust your Obligations at all; you could even drop the Duty entirely and just have 10 to Disgraced and 10 to Betrayal or Unfinished Business if you wanted. I kind of feel the first two Obligations are almost double-dipping into the disgraced background bit, but we can work with them if you prefer.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:04 pm

what if I did an even 7, 7, 6 split to total 20?

I say it because I feel like each of the first two are already pulling double duty, the first one preventing him from returning to the ascendancy and also providing potential adversaries that might come after him, the second one providing the reason for playing the music and also potential drawback for when he doesn't in the form of flashbacks.

Another alternative is that I could split it 6,6,8 with the 8 being the obligation to Zan, or even 5, 5, 10. I originally wanted the first two to be larger because I wanted to show the impact that they had on him, but now I'm considering the fact that I don't really want the first two downgraded any time soon because I feel like they represent core aspects of his character so I would be more willing to have the potentially downgraded obligation start higher with the knowledge that it will be decreasing in the near future.

also, let me know what you think about my mass combat suggestion.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Sure, a 7/7/6 split works. Cool!

For Calm Commander, why don't we go with it modifying Inspiring Rhetoric for now? I don't see potential for abuse, as they both key off Presence. It just means you'll have a bit more leeway when choosing which skill to use, which is worth a middle-level talent I think.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:53 am

Cool then, I’ll fix it up later then move it over to aproved.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Character Concepts”