Elomin Droid Tech

Character proposals for this game.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Elomin Droid Tech

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:08 pm

EOTE default rules are for 10 Obligation per PC in a 5-person group. If you increase that for credits or XP, your Obligation goes up to 20, but it doesn't need to be from one single source necessarily.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:14 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:08 pm
EOTE default rules are for 10 Obligation per PC in a 5-person group. If you increase that for credits or XP, your Obligation goes up to 20, but it doesn't need to be from one single source necessarily.
Just checking.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:26 pm

No worries. Let me know what you think about the other questions I raised.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:49 pm

@ SavageBob Made changes. Anything else I may have missed? I moved him to Nubia in the background, because that seems to be the leaning.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:16 am

Looking good! Stats and such look good, but you'll need to clarify the Obligation. The Group Obligation is a separate thing: 5 Obligation you all share. You'll need to decide what your personal 20 Obligation are for. It could be totally devoted to the Debt, or you could add 10 devoted to something else from your backstory.

As for the backstory, I'd like you to be an actual member of the band before Zannel leaves. Would it work to rework it slightly so that Ruffus sent you to join the band for more on-the-job training? I mean, he sent you to train under his old student, Zannel. We also need to play down Zan's doucheyness to Ruffus; I'd like the band's breakup to be all due to musical differences and not necessarily to Zan's personality. You all liked him at one point, but currently, this story makes him out to be 100 percent jerk. What if you once looked up to him, almost as an older brother? It makes his betrayal more personal for your character and gives me something to work with in plotting adventures.

Another minor change is that you are all living at the business, the recording studio. You might include something in your story that you still have access to Layan's pad for the time being, but your primary place of residence should be the living quarters under your music studio.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 am

Hey, @ThreeBFour, point of clarification: You have 20 Obligation, divided up as you see fit. There is no Group Obligation for the betrayal. But please feel free to devote at least 5 personal Obligation to the breakup of the band and Zan's departure. Pretty please. :) Your GM will thank you.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 am

Would this dude work for your character? The one from the Alien Anthology isn't a very high-res picture, so it doesn't display well. I thought this guy looked pretty cool, though.
Image "Enter dialogue here. Note that shorter dialogues will result in strange cell sizes, but the text will still be readable."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:05 pm

@SavageBob hopefully I got it fixed. Reedited the story and the Obligations (10pts for the +2,500, 5pts in his Oath to Ruffus's spirit, and 5pts into Favor that he feels he owes to Redbeam).

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:43 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:05 pm
@SavageBob hopefully I got it fixed. Reedited the story and the Obligations (10pts for the +2,500, 5pts in his Oath to Ruffus's spirit, and 5pts into Favor that he feels he owes to Redbeam).
Can you spell out the Obligations somewhere? Just list them and give a line or two about what they represent.

Also, what do you think about the character portrait? Will that red dude work?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:13 am

elom02.jpg
elom02.jpg (8.97 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
@SavageBob does this work for you? I like the black skinned one better.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:32 am

It can work in a pinch. The problem is he's full-body when the other portraits will be head-and-shoulders shots. I might have a copy of Alien Anthology lying around that I can scan him in from at a higher resolution, though. Or we could color the Elomin above to give him black skin.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:41 am

Image "Enter dialogue here. Note that shorter dialogues will result in strange cell sizes, but the text will still be readable."
Howzzat?

As for last steps: How do you see the Debt and the Oath Obligations differing from one another? If the Debt triggers, how might that affect the character? And if the Oath triggers?

That's my last question. Once we sort that sorted out, you're ready to go to the approved characters forum.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:00 am

The Oath is to live up to the example as a musician that Ruffus set which is why he took Jhonez as his new last name.
As far as the debt goes he is trying to keep somethings he considers very special out of the hands of those that would not appreciate them. While both could almost be interconnected Targus does see the as seperate. He does not require the Instruments (Debt) to live up to the Oath and vise versa.

And yes I like the pic.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:54 am

Awesome; just indicate what the Debt is in your Obligation line and you're ready to move to approved characters.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:54 am
Awesome; just indicate what the Debt is in your Obligation line and you're ready to move to approved characters.
You want more that the 2500 creds?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:57 am

@SavageBob Question: You want us to list our primary Performance skill, what do you think I should go for with Targus here?
Charm would be as stated good for drawing in the crowd.
Education would be general musical knowledge and to me more of play by route.
Computers would of course be more for the boards and possible DJ work.
Coordination to me would not be a dance kinda thing fully, but also the ability to play an instrument to its fully potential ( i.e. fingering, breath control)

If anything I'd go for a primary combo of Coordination and Education for Targus, but your choice.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:32 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 am
SavageBob wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:54 am
You want more that the 2500 creds?
No, I get that part; I mean a narrative explanation. What's the debt represent when it triggers?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:57 am
@SavageBob Question: You want us to list our primary Performance skill, what do you think I should go for with Targus here?
Charm would be as stated good for drawing in the crowd.
Education would be general musical knowledge and to me more of play by route.
Computers would of course be more for the boards and possible DJ work.
Coordination to me would not be a dance kinda thing fully, but also the ability to play an instrument to its fully potential ( i.e. fingering, breath control)

If anything I'd go for a primary combo of Coordination and Education for Targus, but your choice.
It's possible that you can have multiple performance skills, so it's perfectly fine to list all of those. Maybe put the one or two he'll use most up near the top of the list.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Ok added primary debt items under Obligation. And listed primary, secondary, and tertiary Performance skills next to those skills. I'm sure those will change depending on circumstances, such as Computer being listed as a secondary performance skill at present could be a primary skill if he was working the boards or booth.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:45 am

I edited your character sheet to say who the debt is owed to. It sounds like it's Ruffus's debtors, but please edit it if this is wrong. After that, you're ready to move the character to the approved forum.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:04 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:45 am
I edited your character sheet to say who the debt is owed to. It sounds like it's Ruffus's debtors, but please edit it if this is wrong. After that, you're ready to move the character to the approved forum.
Works for me.

Return to “Character Concepts”