Voron Forr, Twi'lek organist

Approved characters and notable NPCs in this game.
LaGouache
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Voron Forr, Twi'lek organist

Post by LaGouache » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Name : Voron Forr
Species : Twi'lek

Race XP : 100 XP
Race Ability : +1 Charm; Arid/Hot Environments
Brawn: 1 Agility: 2 Intellect: 2 Cunning: 2 Willpower: 2 Presence: 3
Career : Colonist
+1 Charm; +1 Knowledge (Education); +1 Knowledge (Lore); +1 Negociation

Specialization : Entrepreneur
+1 Knowledge (Core Rim); +1 Negociation

Motivation

Desire Knowledge;
The character wants to learn things and acquire deep musical knowledges from across the galaxy and the historical periods

Fear Poverty;
The character has a fear of running out of money.

Strength Analytical;
The character tries to get a strong understanding of situations and have an alytical mind to find solutions.

Flaw Money;
Having a fear of running out of money, he is highly influenced by money.

Background
Voron's birth name was Azow'podul. He has been raised on Coruscant during the Republic Era. Showing musical talents he was sent to Music Academy where he studied Water Organ along with Musical History and Musical Theory. He was beginning his classical performer concert career when the Empire overthrew the Republic.
With this new regime, non-Human species were ostracized and non-Human arts discouraged, putting a stop to his career. No one would program his recitals anymore and, as a non-Human he was pushed to the sidelines to live on the edge of the Empire.
He now tries to make a living from his musical skills and knowledge, in the fringe, but does not depsair to once again get a decent life from the only thing he knows how to do.

Azow'podul fled the Empire influence of the Core World and started working for a Hutt lord's private orchestra as a Red Ball Jett Organ player. Despite the humiliations from Shorlioc the Hutt, his employer, and the mediocrity of the music he had to play, the wages allowed him to eat and the Hutt guaranteed him anonymity and security.
As the political situation settled in the galaxy, Azow'podul wanted to change life and get back in the Core Worlds, in the hope he could get rid of the vulgarity of the daily life in the palace. He negociated his freedom with the Hutt's staff officer. Shorlioc's aide-de-camp saw the opportunity to recruit a new spice mule. He allowed Azow'podul to leave in exchange of some "services". He would have to transport spice cargisons for Shorlioc. His first mission was to get to Ryloth and hide a cargison of spice in his organ to deliver it to Corellia on a slaver frigate.
"The imperial slaver, Magnis, is a ... friend ... of us", told the criminal to Azow'podul, "he will get you through the Empire lines. You will have to pretend you are a Twi'lek slave. The slaver will drop you in the former senate quarter of Coronet City. From there you will get to a cantina in the black market area. Magnis will provide you with the transport, the instructions and some fake identity."
"And this is it, I am free to go ?" asked Azow'podul
"As long ad you do what we expect from you ...", said the criminal, with a grin.

The next day, Azow packed to Ryloth with his instrument. Shorlioc arranged the travel on a scoundrel's ship to an underground spice refinery to load the cargison in the organ and then to drop him in the desert where he got picked by Magnis the slaver.
"We'll be in Corellia in no time", said Magnis, "just shut your alien mouth and stay quiet and everything will be allright. We'll get your instrument in the storage. Once we get to Corellia, if anyone looking official asks you anything just say you're a performer, in Twi'leki. You do speak Twi'leki do you ?"
"Well, I was raised on Coruscant, I haven't spoken it in years ... " replied Azow.
"Screw you Shorlioc !! Why can't he get me decent workforce !!" said Magnis before leaving.

When they arrived on Corellia, Magnis droped Azow in a back alley, where a Cargo Speeder and a pilot was waiting for them.
"You have to go in the black market area", Magnis said, "Zul will get you there with your instrument. There is an audition, you must say to the security guy at the door of the cantina that you are there to participate. That will get you inside. I hope you can play something, or your cover won't last long ... While you are there you must locate the head of the security and say you're here from Magnis, he will get you in the reserve and take what you have for them."
"What should I do after that ?" Asked Azow
"After ? that's not my problem. I have everything you need to start your life with a new identity. Now, you are Voron Forr, you never worked for Shorlioc, the rest is none of my business"
"I am free to go then ?"
"Free ???" laughed Magnis "You are a funny one !! I don't know if anyone can be free from Shorlioc. One day or another, he will appear again in your life, and not for the good... he never appears for the good .."

Magnis left Azow to Zul who took him to the cantina.

The cantina was a poor slum but it emanated some old school vibes from the place and the people around it, which pleased Azow, although he could not explain. He got his way inside and was immediately brought to the stage.

"What is your name" asked a charismatic young man in the room
"... Azow, I am here for the audition"
"We are listening"

Azowwas not prepared to perform right away, he played the only thing that came to his mind at the moment, some old Hutt dance he used to play at Shorlioc's. After his performance, the charismatic guy came to the stage.

"This is ... unsettling. I can't remember having heard anything like that. It reminds me of some Hutt space music, but with convoluted expressivity and Core Worlds classical harmonies. This is without a doubt unique. Where do you come from ?"
Azow was unable to answer anything, afraid to reveal why he got there. The charismatic guy saw that the question was disturbing Azow but was so impressed by the performance he cut short the conversation.
"Well, that was indiscreet of me" he said, amused "My name his Zannel, I am forming a band to join me in my next tour. You do have a peculiar style, I love that. Would you be interested to join me ?"
They talked for minutes that felt like seconds and felt they had a mutual musical understanding that would make them have great times performing.

After the audition, Azow was delivering his cargison to the security officer in the reserve when Zannel entered in the room. Chocked at first, Voron explained him the plain truth : his youth in Coruscant, his years working for Shorlioc's, the opportunity to leave doing the mule job, ...
"Well" said Zannel "I see you had some hard times ... that's another reason to follow me. We are going to Nubia, that's a great place to disappear amongst the dense cities there..." "By the way, you should change your name. What do you think of ... Voron ?"

Obligation
Betrayal (10)
Zannel and Voron developped a professional friendship. Zannel was impressed by the musical depth of Voron and Voron was captivated by Zannel's presence. When Zannel left the band, Voron felt it like a Betrayal.

Servitude (10)
Voron owes a life debt to Shorlioc the Hutt. Shorlioc let him go from his service but this is not free ... and it seems like the debt can never be paid.

XP
Base (100)
Obligation (10)
Bonus (30)

XP Spent
Intelligence 3 (-30)
Intelligence 4 (-40)
Presence 4 (-40)
Sound Investments (-5)
Rapid Recovery (-5)
Sound Investments (-10)
Wheel and Deal (-10)

Total XP : 140 ; XP Spent : 140 ; Available XP : 0

Current Stats:
Attributes:
Brawn: 1 | Agility: 2 | Intellect: 4 | Cunning: 2 | Willpower: 2 | Presence: 4

WT: 10 (Base) + 1 (Brawn) = 11| ST: 11 (Base) + 2 (Willpower) = 13
Skills:
Charm (Pr)2
Negociation (Pr)2
Knowledge (Education) (Int)2
Knowledge (Lore) (Int)1
Leadership (Pr)0
Knowledge (Core Worlds) (Int)0
Streetwise (Cun)0
Deception (Cun)0
Knowledge (Underworld)0
Discipline (Will)0
Principal performing skill: Knowledge (Education) (Int)
Voron have a deep knowledge of harmony and music theory. His performances rely heavily on his academic knowledge to arrange complex and rich harmonies and diminutions when he plays the organ.

Talents:

Arid/Hot Environments
When making skill checks, Twi'leks may remove [setback] imposed due to arid or hot environmental conditions.

Sound Investments; Rank 2
At the start of each session, gain 100 credits for each rank of Sound Investments.

Rapid Recovery; Rank 1
When recovering strain af­ter an encounter, recover 1 additional strain per rank of Rapid Recovery

Wheel and Deal; Rank 1
When selling goods legally, gain 10% more credits per rank of Wheel and Deal.

Gear:
Holdout Blaster | Ranged (Light) | Damage (5) | Crit (4) | Range (Short) | Encumbrance (1) | Hard Points (1) | Price (200) | Rarity (4)
Performer's Attire | Defence (0) | Soak (0) | Price (50) | Encumbrance (0) | Hard Points (0) | Rarity (4) | Add [boost] to checks to perform or attract attention.

Red Ball Organ
Earbud Comlink

LaGouache
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Re: Voron Forr, Twi'lek organist

Post by LaGouache » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Updated the principal performing skill

Return to “Character Database”