Greetings!

New members to this board should introduce themselves by making a post here... after they read the locked, sticky topics below.
Spiritbw
Flyboy

Greetings!

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 am

Hello,

I’m a long time roleplayer but only got into the Star Wars RPG earlier this year and a complete newbie to PbP. I hope you guys will bear with me learning the ropes and getting into some interesting stories.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Greetings!

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:16 am

Welcome to the site!
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 am

Welcome! Feel free to check out the Hyperlight Echoes game about to start :)

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 am

Vergence wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 am
Welcome! Feel free to check out the Hyperlight Echoes game about to start :)
Thanks! I’ll do that. :D

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:36 am

Welcome. Browse around and drop a line if you have any questions. All games have an OOC thread, if one strikes your fancy ask in one of those to find out if there are current openings.
Also the active games thread could help point you in a good direction as well.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:38 am

Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 am
I’m a long time roleplayer but only got into the Star Wars RPG earlier this year and a complete newbie to PbP. I hope you guys will bear with me learning the ropes and getting into some interesting stories.
Congrats on getting into a great RPG, and welcome to our newbie-friendly board!

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:48 am

kanila wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:36 am
Welcome. Browse around and drop a line if you have any questions. All games have an OOC thread, if one strikes your fancy ask in one of those to find out if there are current openings.
Also the active games thread could help point you in a good direction as well.
I looked at that. The links don’t seem to work right now (I understand there was server issues) but I’m using it as a reference to check different games.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 am

Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 am
Hello,
No problems.... Welcome! Feel free to even play with the dice roller (above) and make some practice rolls and post here, if you'd like, to get used to posting different things in different ways. ;)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:04 am

Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:48 am
The links don’t seem to work right now (I understand there was server issues) but I’m using it as a reference to check different games.
The links are now fixed. When Rider had to revert the board from paid hosting back to free, all forum URLs broke. Until now, no one bothered to remind me (or him) that the Active Games list had broken links. I also need to go through the list this weekend and update it, as there are some games missing from the list and some games (such as my own) that have gone inactive.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:26 am

Thanks. One last thing; a lot of the games say to contact the GM about spots. Is there a messaging system in this forum?

Edit: Never mind, just figured out it’s restricted since I am still new.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 am

Click on a person's name and it will bring up their info. Then just scroll down to PM. Or you could just ask in the OOC.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 am

Hi @Spiritbw! Welcome and glad to have you aboard. I hope you can find a game the strikes your fancy. There's some lovely reads here, too.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:53 am
Or you could just ask in the OOC.
^ This is the recommended/preferred means for contacting GMs. PMs should be reserved for when conversations really need to be private. ;)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:54 pm

@Spiritbw glad to see you've taken an interest in hyperlight echoes. It's looking like it will shape up to be an interesting non-standard edge game.

I would also recommend if you are interested in games that push the limits like that one, you might want to check out galactic racing circuit. we just got done with our first race and our dm @kanila tells us that they feel confident that they can whip up some great homebrew rules for us based on that experience. We had a face character but the player has since dropped off and not appeared in a while, so we have an opening, or if you want to play another type of character that is fine too, but thematically we have a reason to bring in someone new as we all accepted a debt as part of starting the game and we need a way to explain away how one of the people in the debt has disappeared.

Hope to see you around but regardless, looking forward to playing with you the hyperlight.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Welcome, @Spiritbw! I'll second all the great suggestions so far. One other I can pitch is Alpha Squad. It's like the A-Team in Star Wars, although so far with a lot fewer car chases. Maybe that will change. One of the PCs recently took over as GM, so there may be an opening for a new player if it sounds interesting to you.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m just trying to read up on them to get an idea of what is going on now.

Return to “New Player Introductions”