S'cuy!

New members to this board should introduce themselves by making a post here... after they read the locked, sticky topics below.
RoijacHelix
Mercenary

S'cuy!

Post by RoijacHelix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:10 am

Hello everyone. RoijacHelix here. I'm a 28 year old male currently living in California, and I've been obsessed with Star Wars for nearly two decades.

I've been roleplaying about half that time, but did not combine the two hobbies until I discovered FFG's Star Wars system.

I discovered the existence of these forums through a thread on the FFG forums.

As someone who has a bit of a hectic schedule, PBP games work best for me, but I've had a really hard time finding an active PBP community.

I've enjoyed creative writing a bit longer than I've enjoyed Star Wars, and really enjoy the narrative style of both the FFG system and PBP... Looking forward to getting involved in these forums!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: S'cuy!

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:26 am

Glad to have you, @RoijacHelix! I hope you find something to your liking! A few of the 'active' games have been suspended for a bit until the GM returns (hopefully soon!), but there's still many running strong. Most have postings almost daily and many of the core players are very dependable. :)

RoijacHelix
Mercenary

Post by RoijacHelix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 am

I currently am limited a bit in the types of characters I can play, because EoTE is the only core rulebook I own and the only career rulebooks I own are "Special Modifications" and "Fly Casual". I'm working on building my collection, but it will take a while.

I'm open to GMing at some point too, though. I have GM'd PBP before, and had one game that ran nearly three years before it fell apart...

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:40 am

Welcome to the board. You could check out Ogg Dudes app. Great tool for creating characters.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

RoijacHelix
Mercenary

Post by RoijacHelix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 am

Well acquainted with Ogg Dude's character generator. But I'd still rather have the source material, most of the time.

Not to say I wouldn't consider playing characters from books I don't own, and I've made a couple of AoR characters in the past, but I can get more in character to a deeper degree when I own the source material.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:09 am

Welcome! I hope you can find a game! Always good to have new blood, especially someone who enjoys the writing side of PbP as well.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 am

RoijacHelix wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 am
I currently am limited a bit in the types of characters I can play, because EoTE is the only core rulebook I own and the only career rulebooks I own are "Special Modifications" and "Fly Casual". I'm working on building my collection, but it will take a while.

I'm open to GMing at some point too, though. I have GM'd PBP before, and had one game that ran nearly three years before it fell apart...
I new EotE game would be welcome. Feel free to give it a try or put an idea out there to gain interest.

RoijacHelix
Mercenary

Post by RoijacHelix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:22 am

I'd had an idea for an EoTE game based off of the module "Ghosts of Dathomir". While it was written for FaD, the premise fits EoTE with a few minor edits, and I thought it might be fun to try to run it with no force users.

But I'd like to take a little bit of a break from GMing for a while. I've GM'd much more than I've played, and would enjoy seeing the player side of things.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:26 am

RoijacHelix wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:22 am
I'd had an idea for an EoTE game based off of the module "Ghosts of Dathomir". While it was written for FaD, the premise fits EoTE with a few minor edits, and I thought it might be fun to try to run it with no force users.

But I'd like to take a little bit of a break from GMing for a while. I've GM'd much more than I've played, and would enjoy seeing the player side of things.
I know the feeling. With the tabletop group, I am the only one who GM's Star Wars, and we haven't played that game for about 9 months. PBP lets me PLAY!!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Welcome to the board. most of the games can accommodate and Edge character. Any game listed as being run by ShadoWarrior is currently paused, while he is away from the board for personal reasons. All other games are alive and active. (except operation source which is a closed game between him and I). Feel free to look around and hopefully find one to join.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Welcome to the board!

As soon as I get internet service at home I'll resume running my games. Alas, I don't know when that'll be. Hopefully before the end of this month.

Return to “New Player Introductions”