Hi, I'm Borges

New members to this board should introduce themselves by making a post here... after they read the locked, sticky topics below.
Borges
Womp Rat

Hi, I'm Borges

Post by Borges » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi All,

I'm Borges. I'm 47, and I've been playing various RPGs on and off since I started with the D&D blue book forever ago. I can't even remember all of the games I"ve played. I've never played the Star Wars RPGs, but I'm excited to learn.

I found this forum through a google search. I'm a dad with a demanding job, so a regular in-person session has always been challenging. But I've enjoyed my experiences in PBP/PBF games in the past. I really enjoy having the time to craft my posts.

I'll be poking around the active games, looking for something that piques my interest.

Thanks!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Hi, I'm Borges

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for letting us know how you found us! It helps.

Unfortunately for you, right now most/all of the games are full since we just had several new people join the board in the past couple of weeks. But if there's sufficient interest SWRider might start up a new game.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Borges wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm
I found this forum through a google search.
Mind if I ask what you used as a search string, and how many pages of results you looked through? Because on the searches I run I don't see this site anywhere in the first 3 pages of results.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Welcome, Borges! Hope you're able to find a game soon, or at least have some fun lurking a bit.

Borges
Womp Rat

Post by Borges » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Hmmm, it was actually clicking through a series of links, looking for a good forum for PBP games. I came across a forum post that, I believe mentioned this forum by name (it may have used the term riderweb?). Then I used that term and found this site. So, it was really some google-based digging rather than a direct result of a generic google search. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Borges
Womp Rat

Post by Borges » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:51 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm
Welcome, Borges! Hope you're able to find a game soon, or at least have some fun lurking a bit.
Thanks SavageBob!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Borges wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm
So, it was really some google-based digging rather than a direct result of a generic google search. Sorry I can't be more specific!
Thanks. That's what I thought. I suspected that you might have found the site on FFG's board or in some Reddit post. All the major search engine bots crawl this site, but we must be really super low in the results. We just don't get the daily traffic or the number of other sites linking here to be higher.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Welcome to the site. I've been thinking of starting up a new game also so please feel free to look around. If nothing suits your interest take a look at the new games thread and maybe even make a post letting people know what you are interested in. We have a few GMs who may pick up another game if players requested something.

Return to “New Player Introductions”