Hello

New members to this board should introduce themselves by making a post here... after they read the locked, sticky topics below.
Deadpoet135
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Hello

Post by Deadpoet135 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Hey guys, what's up? I'm Mitchell. I'm not new to table top. I've played D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Traveller. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Played SWTOR forever, watched all movies, and played most other games. I haven't ever played a Star Wars tabletop or played a game pbp so this is all very new to me. But it seems really cool and I can never have enough tabletop in my life, ya know?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Hello

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Welcome to the board, Poet!

The first RPG I ever played was Traveller, back in 1979. Followed soon after by AD&D (1st ed., though they didn't call it 1e back then of course). I've played SR (1e back in 1981, and 5e more recently via PbP). And a great many other RPGs over the past nearly 40 years. (Yes, I'm old.)

You're going to find that PbP is a fair bit different than tabletop. The pacing is glacial by comparison, but the flip side is that you have plenty of time to think through your replies before you make them.

Look around, lurk the games, and if any games with openings appeal to you feel free to join in.

PS - how did you find us?

Deadpoet135
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Deadpoet135 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:01 am

I found you by reading a post you made in Fantasy Flight Games. I was searching for people to play this with and found your post looking for players.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 am

Great!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 am

Hi, Poet! Great to see you here. Like Shado said, you might want to scope out the games and see what's available. If you've never played Star Wars, there are plenty of folks here who can help walk you through character creation once you find a game.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 am

Deadpoet135 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:44 pm
Hey guys, what's up? I'm Mitchell. I'm not new to table top. I've played D&D, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, Traveller. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Played SWTOR forever, watched all movies, and played most other games. I haven't ever played a Star Wars tabletop or played a game pbp so this is all very new to me. But it seems really cool and I can never have enough tabletop in my life, ya know?
Glad to have you, Poet. I've played some Shadowrun, AD&D, 3.0/3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars WEG & SAGA, and some Champions & Savage Worlds. My first PBP, as well, but I've stuck with it about 2 years.

PBP is great to have around to scratch that gaming itch. Especially when a live group isn't meeting frequently or is onto a different game. My live group meets twice a month and has been on a Pathfinder tear that's last a few months, so PBP lets me do Star Wars year-round. :D

Great to have you here! Welcome!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 am

If anyone wants to GM a SR5e PbP I'd be in for that. If someone wants to play Star Trek PbP (Decipher's version, as I don't know where my LUG books are) I can GM that. Other games I'll play (but not GM) are V:tM or V:tR, and Exalted. Most anything by WW, actually. I can also GM Battlelords of the 23rd Century, but most people have never even heard of this, the best (and grittiest and violent) space opera game ever made. Last, but not least, I can also GM Twilight 2013, the best modern-day military combat RPG ever made.

Return to “New Player Introductions”