Ahoy hoy!

New members to this board should introduce themselves by making a post here... after they read the locked, sticky topics below.
DangerShineDesigns
Womp Rat

Ahoy hoy!

Post by DangerShineDesigns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 pm

hey all,

I saw this thread on the FFG forums and it lead me here. I am very interested in taking part but have two potential strikes against me, namely that I have never taken part in a pbp game, nor have I ever played this version of the Star Wars RPG (although I have read and digested an almost unhealthy amount about it). Hopefully those things don't totally preclude me ;)

Much more interested in EotE and AoR campaigns than FnD. I prefer my Star Wars on the dark and gritty side :)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Ahoy hoy!

Post by swrider » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Welcome to the boards. We have a ton of active gamers oat welcoming beginners.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Howdy, DHD! Welcome. I'm fairly new here myself, but it's always good to see new(er) faces. I wouldn't worry about ignorance about the system too much. There are lots of folks here who are pretty seasoned and will be happy to show you the ropes. I'm not GMing anything (yet), but there are some games around looking for players, so you should reach out to the GMs of any that look interesting.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Both of you are welcome to gm games if or when you wish. They don't even have to be ffg starwars.
The next one I'm thinking of is d&d.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:35 pm

Welcome! Well, there is a "Dice Roller" link above that creates something to cut-n-paste to show your dice results.
Spoiler:
Vai; DRS; practice roll:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PBP can have 'gaps' of inactivity due to real-life circumstances, but you should at least get something in every week. On your end, it just comes down to checking the board a few times a week (daily is best) and being sure you can do that consistently. Other than that, you should be golden.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 am

Players are expected to log in to the board at least once daily, even if they don't post anything. A "few" times a week is not acceptable. It makes for games that are excruciatingly slow. Players not participating is the single greatest cause of PbPs dying, and you can't participate if you don't even "show up".

Welcome to the board, DangerShineDesigns! There are no AoR games currently running that have new (zero-XP) PCs, but my Strike Force Isk AoR game does have 1 opening if you'd like to try a character with more than the starting amount of skills and talents.

Return to “New Player Introductions”