Hello!

New members to this board should introduce themselves by making a post here... after they read the locked, sticky topics below.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Hello!

Post by SavageBob » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:30 pm

FWIW, the point of the free rank of Well Rounded and the extra rank in a Career Skill is, as I understand it, to compensate for the fact that F&D Careers get two fewer Career Skills and one fewer free skill rank than their AOR and EOTE counterparts. Thus, starting in F&D shortchanges a PC, since there's a GM grant on the other side of FR1. In other words, I don't think it's supposed to count as earned XP, bur rather as a GM grant that can be used during initial character creation.

That's how I built my character anyway, so if I did it wrong, Trip, please let me know!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

The free talent and free skill rank are GM grants. They do not count as earned XP because the GM gives them outright, not by giving you XP intended to be spent only on those things. And as GM grants they are applied at the very start of building a character.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:57 pm

@savagebob. I used oggdudes to check your character. It was fine the way you did it. Remember, I did fine you shorted yourself 5xp but you corrected it.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Trip your forum is up. Let me know if you have any issues or would like any changes.

Trip
Flyboy

Post by Trip » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:14 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:15 pm
Trip your forum is up. Let me know if you have any issues or would like any changes.
Thanks. I think I have everything.

Return to “New Player Introductions”