Scoundrel

Re: IC Session 02 - Raxus Prime

Post by Azzranache » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Spoiler:

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Cora throws off your hand, "Don't you touch me!". For a frozen moment the look on her face is of contempt, before she winks and shoves you away with both hands. The ground disappears beneath your feet as you slip down the open manhole.

There's a cry of outrage from Barco the echoes down to you. In lower tones you can hear murmurs of Cora's voice but it is indistinct. A silhouette blocks out the sun through opening above you as someone large leans into to hole. "Get back here you you little RUNT!"

The sewer is surprisingly shallow but you are far enough down that Barco's grasping arm can't quite reach you. He cannot fit his head and arm in at once, and so is grasping blindly. The channel has been be carved out of the junk but the ground beneath your feet is sandy/muddy, with a stone (or metal or plascrete or whatever) lined channel a few feet wide down the center overrunning with liquid. It runs in two directions, following the rough alignment of the alleyway.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:14 am

Ziz lands surprisingly firmly and looks around to get his bearings. The shouts of Barco above still ring down but it's music to Ziz's ears. Looking up at him, Ziz gives a little wave.

"Sorry to drop out on you like this, but I gotta go!" he bellows back.

"Now you be careful big guy, you don't wanna get stuck! Hahahahaha" Ziz laughs heartily which echoes all around but it soon drowned out by Barco's even angrier shouting.

Walking along, Ziz wonders what to do next.

"I need to get back to my ship" he thinks to himself.

"But no doubt, Barco will have guys crawling all over it by the time I get back." No, I still need to do what I came here to do. Maybe I can find help along the way."

As he trudges along the sewer, skipping here and there to avoid questionable mytery objects, he starts to notice glimmers above. Covered exits which show breaks of light coming through round the edges. He carries on hoping to get a bit more distance and decides to finally stop at an opening. The ladder up seems fairly sturdy and after a shake and a pull, Ziz starts to climb up.

Reaching the top, he pushes gently on the manhole cover to slowly get a glimpse of where he has ended up. Being careful not to open more than is needed, he peeks out. As the light scorches his eyes for a second, he starts to focus and check the surroundings.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:24 pm

You push forward. The sewer slopes slightly downwards and the sounds of the town above recede gradually. Eventually you come to a stop. There's no sound above so you risk a look at the next manhole. Through the cracked cover you see that you are now outside of town. The first buildings are situated roughly 30 meters or so way. The well worn path eroded into the junk runs a few feet from you now and heads out of town. It branches a little way down but one path leads another hundred meters towards a large compound downslope from Clearlake. The compound is comprised of a large rusty fence topped with barbed wire and a close-gated entrance above which a battered old sign. A split circle half blue, half white with the name "FuturaTech" branded boldly across it.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am

Pushing the cover to one side completely, Ziz clambers out of the sewer and stands up. He takes in a deep breath of "fresh air" as the dank smell of the sewer disperses. He looks up and down the path quickly to check if anyone is watching him but the coast seems clear. He tries to kick the cover back into place with one foot but it is too heavy to do it this way. Tutting, he aggressively bends down and pulls it back into place to hide his tracks.

He glares back to the FuturaTech compound and exhales with a jaded sigh. As Ziz trudges down the path, a slight breeze picks up and dusts over his elongated shadow.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am

Screen Wipe

"Here, looks like you could use this." Desosa is a scrawny Dug with a thick accent, who runs the FuturaTech scrap yard. He places a steaming, battered metal cup in front of you on the desk with one dextrous foot and pours from a small hip flask clutched in his other. The desk itself is covered in semi-repaired datapads, chits, and grease covered tools. A heater on the floor blows warm air at your feet from across the room, while Desosa shuffles around, clearing away the clutter. Your suit is damp and cold but drying slowly. The smell of spice and alcohol sends a shiver of warmth down your spine as you look out the cabin's dirt smeered window.

The FuturaTech scrap yard boasts a fancy name but is about as basic as it gets. Through the window of the portable office cabin, you can see mountains of mechanical parts, hulls and hulks. The only real difference between the junk outside of the flimsy metal walls and inside is that this worthless rubbish lacks the revolting organic detreitus you've so far had the pleasure of crawling through.

"I had a message for you from a friend of yours... Vesh? It's around here somewhere... let me see..." More junk is shifted behind you. " 'course, I heard about your ship. Shame, that. What I heard, it's already locked up in Aardo Thugg's compound. Unfortunately, I don't have any ships in flying shape - I sent the last one to your crew a couple of weeks back. Pretty useless without an Astromech anyway. Ah! Got it!"

He drops two discs on the desk; one a holo recorder and the other a modified data storage device. A bluesclae hologram of Vesh projects from the recorder. Indistinct figures behind her as they shuffle in and out of the projection radius. She looks tired.

"Ziz, you ass, you would have to lose your droid! I'm spitting fur over here about your reckless insubordination but Command knows you pulled that shuttle out of the fire. I've asked the Alliance to send you a set of rendezvous co-ordinates, packaged with with this message - do not let them out of your sight. You'll need an astromech to decrypt them and get you there." She holds out a hand to her side, as if to stop someone, "You're with Desosa already if you're watching this. He's with us and should be able to help you get your hands on a droid. This shouldn't be hard. Don't screw it up." She looks right, nods, then reaches down to terminate the recording.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:35 am

As the message finishes, Ziz put a foot up on the table and rocks his chair back on two legs. He sways a bit, "cooly" looking like a rebellious child in detention who is pleased with themself as to why he is there in the first place. He rocks back and forth creating a slightly annoying creak which he can see has caised Desosa to glare. Ziz continues.

He gazes around as if trying to impress Desosa before slamming his chair legs back down and slapping his hands on the table.

"Right then, my good buddy!" he exclaims confidently with a cocky smile.

"Tell me. Where can I find my new astromech?"

He leans forward on his elbow towards Desosa with his old cheesy grin and an eyebrow raised. Despite the challenge that lies ahead, Ziz maintains a confidence as if what is about to happen will be a walk in the park.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 am

"Ah, well - funny thing, that is. No droids in stock, right now. Planet full of rubbish but you'd be surprised how few droid parts get junked down here. And that's even when Barco isn't knocking on my door and helping himself to the juicy stuff." He hocks and spits out some foul smelling substance, and glances at you with a knowing look, "But... I do know where you could get yer paws on one. It'd be a tough get for someone like me but, brave Rebellion pilot like yourself? Should be a piece of raffka cake."

Desosa doesn't really give you a chance to respond before he's off digging out more junk from the corner of the room. The racket makes it difficult to speak but he returns quickly with the curved shell of an Astromach dome carapice clutched in one foot. "I had a repair job on a droid near complete a few weeks back but Aardo got wind of it and sent Barco round. That thug took my little project off my hands to add to Aardo's collection. He's been hoovering up droids for years. Happens that I got a pal works in Aardo's palace and he gave me the skinny on where those droids are kept when they're not in use."

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:45 pm

Ziz nods along and rubs his chin intermittently as Desosa explains his plan. When Desosa finishes there is a moment of pause before Ziz reacts.

He slams his foot up on a nearby engine and rests his elbow on his knee as if posing for a comic book cover.

"Yes! Of course." he says loud and confidently.

While Ziz continues to rub his stubbly chin, he narrows his eyes and appears to be in thought.

He can feel Desosa staring blankly at him as if wondering what he could possibly be pondering as Desosa hadn't even divulged the details of the plan yet.

Ziz suddently realised he has nothing to go on before continuing.

"Alright then, where can I find this droid stash?"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 am

Desosa pauses a beat with a dubious look before shaking his head minutely - he expected you to need more persuading. "Great! Erm, yeah, that's great. Well let's get to it then. Here, come see this..."

He discards the droid shell and strolls outside to the junk yard. Finding a dirt smeared rusty hulk of some starship or other, he starts to draw a diagram in the dirt with his toe. The wreck creaks and rattles as he works. A picture emerges on the curved surface of a palace compound dominated by a single squat tower. Each floor slightly smaller than the last.

"This here is Aardo's palace. The tower's ten levels high and filled stem to stern with laboourers, enforcers, sycophants, and supplicants from towns all over this region. I got a pal works inside. He says the first three floors are taken up almost entirely by a huge hanger where Aardo stores all the stuff his crew steals. Up on the fourth floor, here, you got yer machine rooms. Generators, workshops, waste filtration - you name it. The droids are locked up in one of those workshops and regularly maintained by Aardo's machinists. The top level is where the action is at - Aardo spends most of his time up there and it's pretty much a 24 hour party - ho boy, and what a party!" A whistful look....

"Ahem, yeah so that top level's the only place visitors are ever really taken, and you're generally guarded all the time. With me so far?"

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:21 am

As Desosa explains, Ziz listens intently but cracks at smirk at the mention of the top floor party.

"Droid on the fourth floor. Big party on the top floor. Got it! he replies and points needlessly to Desosa's blueprint.

"So, I suppose you've got me an invite to this little soiree?"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am

"Not as such, no... My pal works in the palace but you'll need to meet up with him once you're inside. That might not be a problem, though, if you've got something worth offering. Aardo 'governs' all the towns inside a hundred miles. Every day, people from all over are given an audience with Aardo to ask for help. Most of us owe some kind of debt. They key is to have something valuable enough to offer in order to get past Immel, the gate keeper. He's there to make suer you're rich enough or desperate enough, or interesting enough to be woth the boss' time."

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:47 pm

Ziz looked blankly back at Desosa. He was confident in the right crowds alright but this may be well above him. And he could not risk being recognised.

For the first time, Ziz looked genuinely serious.

"I'm going to need some things"

Before Desosa could ask what, Ziz started making a list on the dirty starship scrap next to Desosa's diagram.

Mask/Helmet
Overalls
Support Pylons
Steering Plates/Disk Vectrals
Mechanic Toolkit
Data Spikes

No sooner as he finished writing the last item he whips round to Desosa.

"I imagine these are all easily in your current inventory, even if a little crude or require fashioning?" he asked.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Desosa strokes his tendrils thoughfully with one foot, "Sure I can get you most of this... most of it is stuff I have lying around. Data spikes though? You'll need to look in town for those. Why don't you go take a look while I I gather the rest of this? Shouldn't need more than an hour or so."

{If you would like to give me an Easy (Image) Streetwise Check.}

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Spoiler:

Ziz heads back into town while Desosa starts to work on finding his items.

He decides to stay on the outskirts of town to avoid any unwanted attention. Still, he had no clue where anything was or who to speak to.

A handful of shanty-looking huts and stalls line the quiet streets with no real indication as to what they are or offer. Ziz sees a couple of cloaked figures limp slowly into a nearby hut. The sheet metal door barely remains on its hinges as they make their way inside. Before the door completely closes behind them, Ziz catches sight of a couple of tables with half finished drinks on.

Looks like a bar he thinks to himself (Image).

"Well, that's a good a place as any to start looking.." Ziz mutters as he makes his way over.

He pushes on the door and enters.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm

{(Perfect!)}

The atmosphere is... drafty. There's not much breeze outside but air whistles through the narrow gaps between the thin metal wall and the floor. A single white light globe hums from its position in the centre of the low ceiling. There are only a half dozen small tables though most are occupied. Three of the four seats at the bar are empty. The three eyed gran behind the bar turns one eyestalk in your direction when you enter. Most patrons just huddle down in silence.

The figure sat in the last seat at the bar, however, is overly familiar. Tattoes mottling her yellow skin and a mop of dark curls - even though she's not facing you, Cora is instantly recognisable. She doesn't glance your way while she nurses a square glass of some syrupy brown liquid. She looks morose.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Ziz can't help but crack a small smile. Was it the comfort of something familiar or that he had a soft spot for this fiesty female?

He walks up behind Cora.

"Of all the boga noga joints in all the towns in all the world..." he says coolly.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Cora looks up from her drink, "Ziz!" Her face lights up with such delight and throws her arms around you in a gleeful hug, "You made it! What a relief - OH! Pew! What's that smell?"

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:38 pm

As Cora flung her arms around Ziz he was slightly taken aback. He certainly did not expect that sort of welcome however he composed himself and grinned in a rather smug manner.

Cora's comment made Ziz realise he had been traipsing around with old sewage stuck to him. He lifted up one foot and frantically scraped away at the sole of his boot.

"Desperate times called for desperate measures" he chuckled sheepishly.

He stood silent for a moment which was unusual for Ziz. He continued to stare at Cora. He knew he should be mad at her for what she did but for some reason he was just pleased to see her again.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Spoiler:
Ziz; Target Lock; Streetwise Check:
3 Failures, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

Ziz asks around the bar with the assistance of Cora. Although willing to help, none of the locals knew of anywhere he could pick up some data spikes. However, one such regular at the bar who seemed to be quite friendly with Cora, had heard a rumour about Aardo (Advantage).

Ziz and Cora both looked round to check the coast was clear before moving in closer to hear what she had to say.

Return to “The Story”