The High Republic

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

The High Republic

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm

A highly-anticipated delve into the Old Republic, set 200 years before Yavin, give or take a few years. I think I love the idea a lot!

PROS:
- FINALLY!!! A set-aside Star Wars series story like we've been wanting!
- The Nihil. YES!!! Space Viking nemeses from the Outer Rim. Awesome name! Awesome idea!
- Little to no ties with current stuff (hopefully)!!!
- Fresh slate! ANYTHING YOU WANT.
- Jedi at their height??? What a responsibility!!! Whatever they put out, it cannot be lacking or else we'll say, "That's it? It wasnt that great."

CONS:
- "Massive" is what they call it. This "weave" method of intertwining all storylines together (like the Marvel movies). I dread it. Everything woven together. I hate it. Takes away from making ONE really good story, IMO.
- 700-year-old Yoda??? I saw that as a comment on Reddit.. I sure hope this isnt wrapped around Yoda. I thought he was done horribly in all aspects since the originals. Poor CGI, poor acting, tortured writing, poor plots, etc...
- if the Clone War movies were any indication, are we just going to see an army of Jedi with thousands of lightsabers ignited?
- Tempyation to go crazy on force powers. I hope not.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: The High Republic

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:39 pm

I thought the High Republic stuff was only going to be a book/comic line, no animation?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: The High Republic

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:39 pm
I thought the High Republic stuff was only going to be a book/comic line, no animation?
Oh! You're right! I guess I inferred that it'd be movies in my opinions. Either way, I am excited for it. Although, I would not put it past them to monetize it into movies if it is popular. I hope that these writers do it justice and can rebuild our (my) image of Yoda.

Return to “Cantina”