Off line for two weeks

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Off line for two weeks

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:10 am

All,
The rough draft of my master's thesis is due the end of next week. I've been trying to keep up my gaming here, but have just not been able to do so. As such I wanted to give a heads up that I will not be active on these forums until the second or third week of May. I will be back, I just don't have the time and mental energy to commit to the forum at the moment. In my absence, administrative matters may be directed to Shado. If he is unavailable or there is an issue with the board itself you may email me directly and I will attempt to respond and resolve the issue. I believe most of you have my email address. stevenriderjr at yahoo

@SanguineAngel please feel free to use chibiithii as an NPC until I return.

Best wishes to all. Happy Easter. happy memorial day.... etc...

For those in my games. I apologize for the delay. I will make a post in them when I am able to return actively. Both games are in a situation where role play would be great so feel free to just chat or role play in those situations. Both teams know where they are head and can describe the journey if they wish.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Off line for two weeks

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:28 am

Best wishes, Steven. And for any concerned, I'll be available to handle admin issues. At least I think I will.

I'm expecting to change ISPs from Spectrum (Charter) back to AT&T at the start of May and I'm hoping that it goes smoothly. I currently have 100mbps service at a $45/month cost. But at the 1 year expiration of Spectrum's promo for new customers they're jacking up my rate to $71/month. And while the service is fast, I get internet disconnects many times a day, every damn day. I'm sick of it and I certainly won't pay $21 more for service that's been getting worse with each passing day. AT&T has a special deal of fairly slow internet (5mbps) at $10/month for those on food stamps, so I'm going to give it a go. Saving over $60/month is important to me right now. And I've never had any issues with the quality of AT&T's service, neither when I had it at my house nor when I used it at Mickey D's. AT&T has never had the fastest nor cheapest service, but they're reliable and have good customer service (if needed). This cheap deal has a data cap of 1TB/month, which I can live with. I don't think that I've ever exceeded that amount, despite that vast amount of stuff that I download via BT.

PS - Easter is already past, and Memorial Day is near the end of May. You should be back with us by then, Steven. Nothing special is calendared during the time you'll be busy ... unless Herr tRump decides to declare a new holiday (perhaps Golf Day) or hold a Soviet-style May Day military parade (he still wants one).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon May 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Thanks for the well wishes.

The good news is that the rough draft of my paper is done. 150 pages latter. Bad news is that my wife had bronchitis last week and seems to have passed it to my daughter and I. I feel like crap and will probably not be posting much for a few more days. I apologize for the delay.

Because I missed the opportunity,
Happy star wars day! may the fourth be with you!
Happy Cinco de Mayo.
Today is revenge of the sixth so any of you who partied too hard yesterday have an official holiday to describe how you feel today.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon May 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Get well soon! Not because we've missed ya, but that too. ;)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue May 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Good luck on the thesis finishing, and best wishes to your wife. The thesis is a major accomplishment, so congrats on that!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks guys. Ill be making my presence known over the next few days as I swing back into action.

Return to “Cantina”