Website sleeping.

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Website sleeping.

Post by swrider » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:41 am

All,
The website was down for a few hours sleeping today. I appologize for the inconvience. 000webhost too it offline for an unkown reason... Literly I asked they don't know. Hopefully it does not happen again, but I will keep looking into it.

Thanks.

PS. If you do not already have it my email is

steven rider jr at yahoo

com

no spaces all lowercase. Please feel free to add me to your contact and email me directly if you ever have issues.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Website sleeping.

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:56 pm

I snooped around a bit online while this was happening last night. I found a couple of possibilities:

1) Hostinger's explanation is here. Seems their services were targeted by a DDOS attack.

2) That said, free-hosted services get put to sleep for one hour every day so Hostinger can save on bandwidth.

I wasn't sure which it was, but your explanation seems to indicate that this wasn't the normal 1-hours sleep time. When does that usually take place, Rider?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:09 pm

I am unable to find the sleep window. I had it set for an hour in the middle of the night. But Kat I went to check I couldn't find anything on it. I don't think they do it anymore

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks for checking in. I thought it was some sort of host-update thing. Too coincidental to occur on the eve of a holiday.

Return to “Cantina”