New people??

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: New people??

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Fuck. Well, I can think of yet another option, which doesn't require us to switch back to the paid hosting (and the hassle of changing URLs). I can re-disable emails and instead toggle the option to require admin approval of new accounts. I've never, ever used that option as an admin of a phpBB board, but I've been on the user side of it. I really hate waiting for admins to approve registrations. Mainly because I'm not a really patient sort of guy when it comes to web-related stuff.

Before I either revert things back to instant approval, or try curtain #3, let me know what you guys think.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Emails for Verification is now working or should be.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 pm

It's working. Thanks. I'm currently logged in as me using FF and as the test account using IE. I can also confirm the access rights that the blue-tag accounts have. Read-only, at best. Good job, Mr. Rider!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Cool

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm

FYI, Gmail tossed the verification mail into the spam folder, so some (inexperienced and/or stupid) new members may have problems if they don't know to check there. I think that this site gives you a warning that this might happen, but my memory is fuzzy (and lots of people don't bother to fully read walls of text). I suppose I could create yet another email account and check that with yet another new account, but I'm feeling suddenly lazy (I used IE to create the new account and, unlike with FF, I can't reopen a closed tab in IE and so I no longer have access to the message page I was shown and then promptly closed ... sigh). :P

Return to “Cantina”