be wary

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

be wary

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:46 pm

The scammers are out in full-force, I see. Not just the spam here, but I got a scammer by Ebay for a SW FFG: Gadgets and Gear. When the news came that FFG lost the license and there'd be no more books, I put G&G out there for an obnoxious price. (You know, because I don't REALLY want to sell it, but I'd do so for a pile of money. :) ) Well, some guy inquired on the book's condition and then wanted a $300 gift card attached with the book as a gift for his friend. Said he'd Paypal the funds to me. Buyer location said Ohio, cell number was Alabama, and said the item was going to Florida. Ebay had about 8 other G&G for about $40-60, so it made no sense in more than several ways. I guess if a scammer gets ONE person to do this, then it's worth a day's work, I suppose.

Looks like the buy-online frenzy this year due to covid is going to push scammers to a new height. This one was sketchy from the beginning and became obvious soon thereafter. So, be wary, all!

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: be wary

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:34 pm

I thought they didn't actually lose the license? Did they?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 am

Yeah there have been a lot of scammers lately. Shado has them locked down to basically the introduction forum, but even that gets annoying. Thank you to everyone who has been reporting the posts and helping shado and I get them removed.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:16 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:34 pm
This is the first I am hearing about it. That would be a shame as it is a great system.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:58 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:16 am
Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:34 pm
This is the first I am hearing about it. That would be a shame as it is a great system.
Well, Edge Entertainment will be making the game. Asmodee, Edge and FFG, I think, are under the same group. Transferring to one division for RPG. So, in a way, Yes, and in a way, No.
"Today, the new EDGE STUDIO is proud to embody the Asmodee group's role-playing game studio for the world."

https://edge-studio.net/?fbclid=IwAR1jj ... tDn-Ldfx7s

Return to “Cantina”