who here does homebrew?

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

who here does homebrew?

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat May 19, 2018 4:59 am

so I am an avid homebrewer for the systems I play, and wanted to see who else here likes to make their own content for their games and what you have made.

this is my most recently complete homebrew. it is a homebrew bard college I made, still working on playtesting and balancing it, but the structure is there.

https://el7akawati.wordpress.com/2018/0 ... ge-option/
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: who here does homebrew?

Post by SavageBob » Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm

That looks really cool! Is it for D&D? Did you lay that out with GM Binder?

I have a whole fantasy hack of Star Wars that I did a few years ago, before Genesys did it for me. I've never gotten to the layout stage on anything, but I hope maybe with NIMH I will. (We're moving house now, so things have stalled.)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat May 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Yea I did it with GM Binder, I originally wrote it for homebrewery but it was very limited. This is actually just one part of a series of bard based home brews I’m working on, the other one I’m almost done with being a background called outcast bard

Currently on Dubai time

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat May 19, 2018 3:52 pm

I've been wanting to homebrew some stuff, but haven't had a group IRL to do it with lately, and no one online that really has an interest in doing it. I've been tooling around a homebrew of the Fate/Type-Moon franchise using the Genesys/Terrinoth rules (Fate Grand Order, Fate Strange Fake, UBW anime, Lord El Meloi case files, etc.), but haven't had people to bounce off ideas.

I've been writing a Doctor Who setting based campaign for a while now, and have been working to homebrew some of the weirder things, like Faction Paradox, Celestis, Osirans, etc. for use in the game. It's been pretty fun, actually.

I've debated some Pathfinder homebrew but haven't had a chance to try yet given the PF game I run is nearing its end and is high level.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat May 19, 2018 4:35 pm

yea testing things are pretty difficult, i've yet to be able to playtest most of the stuff i've made up so far

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 19, 2018 5:42 pm

I homebrew a lot of things, but I usually do it for a specific instance or situation in a game and don't often record it for latter use. That is unless you count the games themselves which are all home brew as I almost never run a premade adventure.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat May 19, 2018 6:56 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr I really like your layout for the Bardic college. Haven't played enough 5e to really help with balance testing, though.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 pm

That is really well done the only this that stood out as an issue was continuous councling. Gaining advatage on all futre charm checks is huge. I would suggest limiting it to 1 minute and perhaps simply say the target is charmed. The traget knows they were charmed but does not mind.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Anger management is also not finished. It cuts off mid sentence.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 20, 2018 5:06 am

swrider wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:30 pm
That is really well done the only this that stood out as an issue was continuous councling. Gaining advatage on all futre charm checks is huge. I would suggest limiting it to 1 minute and perhaps simply say the target is charmed. The traget knows they were charmed but does not mind.
I don’t want to say charmed because that has extra connotations that I don’t want to have implied, but the 1 minute time limit is good.

And yea wow anger
Management slipped through the cracks I’ll have to finish that.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 am

@swrider also I tend to get into projects quite frequently when I notice things that I want to be in the system that aren’t yet, and I try to do my best to record it well and make it look good since I like the idea of it being usable by a community at large.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 pm

@swrider I just updated the sheets, had the captivating counseling last only for so long as the target stayed within 60 feet of the counselor and for 1 minute thereafter, borrowing from the diplomat feat, and then finished out the anger management method with saying that the target becomes indifferent and incapable of targeting the counselor with attacks

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Cantina”