Exalted?!

A place to have discussions about stuff IRL.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Exalted?!

Post by Doctor Who » Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 am

So I've been eyeing Exalted for a while, the concept seems cool, although I haven't wanted to make the plunge given no other people IRL that know of it or want to play it.

Does anyone here play it, and if so, is the second or 3rd edition the better one to get an play? Or is 1st better than either?

How are the mechanics?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: Exalted?!

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon May 07, 2018 12:04 am

I have played it quite a bit, do not bother with second or first, the first had solid mechanics but was very limited kind of like 1st edition dnd, second editions mechanics were so bonkers that it was unplayable to the point that half the gaming community for the system was making homebrew to fix the system. the third edition still has some issues but overall it is amazing with solid mechanics seeing as the game devs for third were the leading members of the community responsible for making the mechanics fixes in the first place.

the only real issue that people have with the third edition is the crafting system, which has a few problems that aren't that big of a deal to me, but were big enough of a deal to many people in the community that it has received at least half a dozen craft system rewrites, I myself have also written a comprehensive rewrite of the crafting system, not because I didn;t like the original one but because the original one made it very difficult for casual crafters to get into it and I wanted to make it possible for my fellow group members to be able to enjoy the system while not playing dedicated crafters like I did.

also, this system is very open to homebrewing and house ruling to make things more entertaining for you, in addition to rewriting the crafting system, I have also myself written homebrew backgrounds, homebrew adversaries, homebrew sorcerous initiations (this is how one becomes capable of using sorcery) as well as homebrew martial arts (that is actually only about half written though.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon May 07, 2018 2:13 am

Thank you for the response! I'll look into seeing if I can get my hands on the 3e rules. Are they all in a core book, or are different kinds of Exalts (Solar/Lunar/Sidereal) in different books?
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon May 07, 2018 4:43 am

right now only the core book is out for third edition, the dragon blooded book is coming out soon, there is also a quickstart
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Cantina”