Advertising on FFG forums

Discussions related to the operation of this board, or the mechanics of the game systems used in the games played on this board.
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Advertising on FFG forums

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Hey all, I am going to be making a post on the ffg eote forrums advertising for players to join Kanilla’s new Galactic racing circuit game, and I wanted to check to see if anyone would also like me to also advertise for their games?

Having come to this forum myself due to an advertisement post made by shado on the forrums I know how effective this method can be in gaining new active members. 3b4 also joined due to the same advertisement.

If you want to me to include you in the forrum post I’ll need you to give a brief synopsis of your game, the number of players you are seeking and which roles would be desirable for your game, also if you want the players to be built on a specific focus or if you are ok with generalists.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Advertising on FFG forums

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks again Boutrose!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Hey kanilla I also need a refresher from you on how many players you are cool with, I think you said up to 6, and what other roles for the game you want, I’d imagine that having other pilots and stuff would be ok or having more repeats would be fine since there’s also the option to eventually have multiple ships.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:05 pm

6 is gonna be the max right now and we are currently at 3. Repeats are fine I'm honestly surprised no one wanted to try a slicer for this one. Hack another ship and cause it strain to knock it offline.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:05 pm
6 is gonna be the max right now and we are currently at 3. Repeats are fine I'm honestly surprised no one wanted to try a slicer for this one. Hack another ship and cause it strain to knock it offline.
I think slicing is something the navigator would be good for with a high IQ and points in Computers. But there's no wi-fi in Star Wars, so I don't think remotely hacking into other ships is possible (unless by GM decision, of course). Or it could be done between races, but that would require sneaking over and hacking in (like R2 with his scomp link).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

The only other games that look like they potentially have space are the scouts of the republic game and the uprising game since I know we are currently sitting at only 4 players on that one.

@deepspacer and @swrider if you want me to put in a note about them with galactic circuit let me know.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm
kanila wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:05 pm
I think slicing is something the navigator would be good for with a high IQ and points in Computers. But there's no wi-fi in Star Wars, so I don't think remotely hacking into other ships is possible (unless by GM decision, of course). Or it could be done between races, but that would require sneaking over and hacking in (like R2 with his scomp link).
I think that if this were going to happen in game there would need to be something physically in contact with the ship that our team could interact with.

Like there is long distance communication so there should be a way to long distance back even if ships are not currently set up to do so. I’d think that the ship having a means to launch a magnetic probe and then using the probe as a connection for hacking would make sense, but attempting to hack without any external connection wouldn’t make sense to me either.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 pm

I'll find where it's mentioned but it is possible.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Pg 248 in the AoR book: Slice Enemie's System; the crewmember uses powerful shipboard computers to attempt to disrupt the systems of an enemy vehicle...

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:50 pm

@Boutrouse. I am enjoying the scouts of the republic game as is. I would not prevent new players from joining but do not see any reason to actively recruit either. That being said it is an easy game to scale so if you want to advertise it go ahead.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

I've almost got the opening three arcs of the Old Republic game I want to run done. I'll probably advertise at some point, probably starting in late April or May. First dibs to people on this site, though.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:11 pm
Pg 248 in the AoR book: Slice Enemie's System; the crewmember uses powerful shipboard computers to attempt to disrupt the systems of an enemy vehicle...
Disrupt being the operative word. things like jamming enemy sensors or communications. Or sending out false data which confuses the enemy's systems. The effect being a greater taxation on the enemy's ship to process out the junk causing strain.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Exactly. It can also temporarily disable shields or even weapon systems.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:53 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 pm
Disrupt being the operative word. things like jamming enemy sensors or communications. Or sending out false data which confuses the enemy's systems. The effect being a greater taxation on the enemy's ship to process out the junk causing strain.
Yeah, I think of Luke's comment on the speeder bikes: "Jam their comlink. Center switch!" I can see how a Slicer would be much better at this sort of thing, though. My bigger point was that I think a Fringer with two ranks in Computers should be good to start, with the option to branch into Slicer down the line. (I'm just wary of having too many PCs with 4 and 5 in Intellect: Slicer, Navigator, Mechanic...)

Other roles that might be helpful would be a Face to haggle and negotiate for us (and interface with fans?) and a dedicated gunner.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 pm

The problem with a 4 or a 5 is that the PC usually sucks in almost everything else.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Oh I agree completely! At least two players don't agree with the min-max so I think if it's played right out should work out well.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:04 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 pm
Oh I agree completely! At least two players don't agree with the min-max so I think if it's played right out should work out well.
Honestly I have spoken to a lot of players on this board and very few agree with min maxing. Shado is a big advocate of it (he is a power gamer) and so it is sorta pushed on to players in his games. He doesn't actually push them but he does highly suggest min-maxing.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:09 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:04 pm
kanila wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:59 pm
Honestly I have spoken to a lot of players on this board and very few agree with min maxing. Shado is a big advocate of it (he is a power gamer) and so it is sorta pushed on to players in his games. He doesn't actually push them but he does highly suggest min-maxing.
I've seen it, personally I think it's more about story and character development. It is kinda the nature of the beast with pbp because of its short life span. I'm hoping my concept will have a long and healthy life though. We shall see.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 pm

No need for another in Uprising. A possible Shadow return at some point might be 5 anyways. Looks like out 4 have the same frequency of play in common and we just took on a new one.

Scouts would be optimal with a 4th. A Quad instead of a Trio.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:28 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 pm
No need for another in Uprising. A possible Shadow return at some point might be 5 anyways. Looks like out 4 have the same frequency of play in common and we just took on a new one.

Scouts would be optimal with a 4th. A Quad instead of a Trio.
Shado is in communication with me and will return. The question is when.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Also not a fan of min maxing here, I am a gereralist and I had never heard of having dedicated things like a face or what not in a game until I came here and was introduced to it by shado, I mostly prefer to have characters that could hold their own in sever situations while being above average in the things that match their backstory.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Also it sounds like for now the only one that needs advertising is the racing circuit so I will start putting together that post on the ffg forums.

Currently on Dubai time

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:47 pm

@Boutrose, as someone who grew up with d20 games, min-maxing has always just been a part of my RP experience. Finding ways to play low charisma high wisdom, or low wisdom high intelligence, or any other combination, is quite fun.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:47 pm
@Boutrose, as someone who grew up with d20 games, min-maxing has always just been a part of my RP experience. Finding ways to play low charisma high wisdom, or low wisdom high intelligence, or any other combination, is quite fun.
Oh man I just started playing dnd and the fact that the d20 standard array kind of encourages min maxing is painful, still nothing is going to stop me from playing my Half orc bard.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 am

alright i made the post https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... d-players/

i regret it is probably not as nice as the one that shado made back when i joined but i hope it works in getting us some more players

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Republic Senate”