Upgrade to Paid hosting.

Discussions related to the operation of this board, or the mechanics of the game systems used in the games played on this board.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Upgrade to Paid hosting.

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Since the board is growing rapidly and I do not wish their to be lapses in the service I have decided to upgrade the website to paid hosting. I will be upgrading next weekend. 18-19th the board may be offline during that period.

Additionally, I believe that we will be able to keep the same URL for the website, but i have not been able to confirm this. Please ensure you have a valid email address in your profile as I will be sending out an email if the boards URL must change.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have in this topic in the Republic Senate forum. ~SWRIDER

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Upgrade to Paid hosting.

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 pm

If you have the option to change the URL to something shorter and/or easier to remember you should consider it. Something like "riders-guild.com" is vastly better than having to include the hosting provider's name in the URL.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:52 pm

I do plan on that and using a redirect if needed, Priority 1 is to not interfere with game play.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Thank you. Both for that answer and for upgrading to paid hosting.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm

No problem I quite enjoy role playing games and have come to really enjoy this forum (enough to host it). That and the upgrade will allow me to have more than one website. My hope is to develop a few to show off the skills I have developed and use them as a type of online portfolio. Their is at least one more I want to build for myself and then I will probably build some for other people. I know my father in law would like one. Normally I wouldn't do him any favors, but it is not just for him it is for a fan club he is a part of and I will probably put adds on his page, see if I can't generate myself some revenue (though it will probably be small).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Board will be going offline in the next hour or so and will be offline for about an hour to facilitate the transfer.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Yay! ... I think. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads-up!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:41 pm

The board is back online for now. I have a few unexpected things to do before i am ready to port the forum. Ill keep you posted.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Welcome to our new and paid hosting. Please let me know if you encounter any errors. The Roller and other features have not been completely moved over yet so you may need to use them on the freeforums site for the time being.

Please note the URL for the site is now gaming.riderweb.net for the main page and gaming.riderweb.net/phpb3 for the forum.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 pm

I think all the features of both the forum and the website should be up and running now. Happy gaming and please let me know if you see any errors.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 am

A side benefit to upgrading to a paid server is that I have turned the email notification function back on.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:43 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 am
A side benefit to upgrading to a paid server is that I have turned the email notification function back on.
Deep, and others, will be happy to know that. I just turned email verification for registrations back on. Perhaps this will help with the probably-bogus registrations coming from the mail.ru domain.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 am

Email didn't matter to me much, but I guess it helps those new to the site who could possibly rely on it. After I got used to the site and began checking in daily, I found I didn't need the emails as much. :D

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:04 pm

I am noticing a lot of little clitches bacause the old links either reffer to https://gaming.riderweb.net or becausee another issue cropped up during the tranfer to paid hosting.

If you see anything going wrong please point it out so I can fix it.

The ability to create and edit force pools is now working again.
the roll history page should now be producing code that actually allows images to display. a few other things have been fixed as well.

Return to “Republic Senate”