Special Thanks

Discussions related to the operation of this board, or the mechanics of the game systems used in the games played on this board.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Special Thanks

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:50 pm

I wanted to extend a special thanks to @crazybirdman for his donation to assist with the operation and development of the board. You Rock!

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: Special Thanks

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Ah that's brilliant, @crazybirdman, well done! As someone using the service you are donating to... Thank you, too!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:10 pm

I would also like to expend a special thanks to Sanguine Angel for his donation and share a part of the conversation I had with him.

swrider wrote: The main cost of the site is time. But I hope to change career fields into Information Technology in a year or so (I am pursuing a new masters degree in IT), so the board gives me some experience. Besides that the cost of hosting. Unfortunately I had paid for 4 years of hosting with the old company ~$200 american IIRC. and another $10 for the domain name.

This current hosting is free, though we have used it in the past and it is quite glichy so I am still hoping to get back on my paid host if I can get the spam issue resolved.

All that is to be completely open and honest. The site will continue to run without donations, if you want to donate however their is a pay pal donation button on the top left screen on each rider's guild page. This includes the Dice rollers. I do appreciate donations, but provide the service because I enjoy it.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Thank you @crazybirdman an for your donation to the forum!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 pm

@crazybirdman thank you again for your donation. It appears to have become a tradition. I plan on using it to upgrade the forum to a HTTPS certificate when I get sufficient time to do so. It will provide a bit more secuirty and allow me to do something else I've been wanting to do. Thank you.

Return to “Republic Senate”