I'm new here, what should I do?

Information for new members of this board. Please be sure to read before you do anything else.
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

I'm new here, what should I do?

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:56 pm

First, let us say: Welcome to the Friends and Nemeses board!

We are very happy to have you, and we hope that your experience with us will be a good one, and that you can have some fun participating in our Play-by-Post games. To help ensure that this is the case, please be sure to read the Rules of the Board carefully.

The very first thing that you should do is to register on this board, as you cannot submit a post at all unless you do so. If you do not see an account activation email in your inbox please be sure to check your spam folder, as 'unsolicited' emails tend to get dumped there unless your email filters are set to whitelist this site's URL.

Also, since this is your first time with us, please take the time and start a thread in the New Player Introductions forum to A) introduce yourself, and B) let us know how you learned of the existence of this board. Your answer can help drive up traffic and improve our community.

The Active Games List will tell you which games are currently being run, who is the Game Master, and how many openings there are for more players in each game. If you wish to start your own game as a GM, please contact one of the board admins via PM.

Mini-FAQ
  • Q: I see a game that I'm interested in, how do I join in?
    A: First, check the Active Games List to see if that game has any openings. If it does, then post in that game's discussion (OOC) thread expressing your interest in the game. If the game is full, ask the GM if there is a waiting list. Once a GM has accepted you into their game then that GM will contact one of the board administrators to have your membership privileges upgraded to player status. Once you see your handle change from blue to red you will know that you are now able to post in the game's character creation and IC (in-character) forum topics.
  • Q: All the games are full, what do I do now?
    A: Wait for an opening, or see if one of the GMs is willing to start up a new game.
  • Q: How do I create a character for play-by-post?
    A: Each GM will have their own procedure for doing this. Ask in the game's OOC thread what the rules are for that game.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask one of the Game Masters or Admins, and we'll be happy to do what we can to help.
Last edited by ShadoWarrior on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated

Return to “For New Players”