OOC Session 04: A diplomatic solution

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: OOC Session 04: A diplomatic solution

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:00 am

Okay guys, sounds like you are leaning towards a diplomatic solution! Huzzah!

If you're Negotiating it will be an Opposed (ImageImageImageImage) Negotiation Check with Image as he is suspicious of your motivations.

You may attempt to alleviate his suspicions before engaging in negotiations. Charm or Leadership etc might work there.

If you want to lie about your reasons for being here or offer a fake deal then this will be prefaced with an Opposed Deception ([to be revealed if you confirm you want to do this]) Check.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:02 am

B) I'm feeling that, and someone like Boomer would have a huge interest in growing his business further and having a hefty ally like the Empire.

Let the negotiations begin!

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:42 pm

I'd definitely like to charm him first to convince him we are on his side, not trying to take over

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Oh lovely, why not give me an Opposed (ImageImageImage) Charm Check with Image since he is still suspicious of you at present!

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Well that went over as well as Crystal Pepsi. We may need to fight our way out of this after all :(

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Should I attempt Coercion against him? Could go along the lines of us being more dangerous than he thinks. And that it would be in his best interest to help us or get crushed.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:20 pm

That might work. Let's wait and see what Bardax notices, then I guess we need to decide to fight or negotiate our way out of this

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:00 pm

@crazybirdman your permissions for this forum have been reset per your request via PM. Let me know if any issues arise.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:32 am

@SanguineAngel the initiative tracker and destiny tracker for this forum have been fixed. Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:07 am

Coercion difficulty?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 am

Okay, so your pool may depend a little on your approach but the difficulty is an Opposed (ImageImage) Coercion Check with ImageImage for his armed guards and his hidden turrets. He's feeling pretty confident.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Sorry, I’ve been busy. Need to replace the break pads on my wife’s car. With Intimidation I can take strain and reduce the difficulty. So I should only be rolling against the two setbacks.

Is everyone in consensus for the Coercion before I type it out and roll?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:22 pm

Go for it

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:25 am

Would assist be allowed for the Coercion roll? Maybe posturing by the other party members? If not I’ll roll without.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:30 am

Hello! I would definitely allow an assist.

Also, if you take any other actions that may improve your impressivenes/menacingness then that may net you additional boosts.

However, just to clarify, when downgrading dice - if there are no Challenge (Image)/Proficiency (Image) dice to downgrade, then remaining downgrades are ignored. So it would still be ImageImageImageImage I'm afraid.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Well saves me from taking that strain then. Anyone want to add some text to setup the boost?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 am

Short of attacking and showing them how powerful we really are I can't think of anything Chiibiithii could do to make them look more intimidating.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 am

Hmm? Calling them out on their hidden turrets? Basically saying that you know about them as in we can handle what you’ve got?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:54 am

Just fluff up your fur and look menacing? Scowl at an underling?
Maybe we could casually move so that the goons are between us and the autocannons?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 am

Could even be nudging the walking carpet and nodding towards the hidden blasters.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:27 am

Does everyone see the turrents?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 am

Hey guys - the most obvious method of assistance you could provide would be simply to translate (manacingly!) for the wookie.

I picked Bardax just because he seemed like the kind of character who would be staring at the ceiling during the tirade. Mechanically speaking I am happy for any of you to also notice them as a result of the advantage.

As for additional actions - I'd be willing to grant an additional boost if you ignited your lightsabers as a display of strength as it'd be a radical shift in the situation but obviously it carries its own problems as you expose yourselves. Any attempt to quickly dispatch with the turrets or guards would require a check (I think it'd be opposed coordination) but success could grant a further boost.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 am
Hey guys - the most obvious method of assistance you could provide would be simply to translate (manacingly!) for the wookie.

I picked Bardax just because he seemed like the kind of character who would be staring at the ceiling during the tirade. Mechanically speaking I am happy for any of you to also notice them as a result of the advantage.

As for additional actions - I'd be willing to grant an additional boost if you ignited your lightsabers as a display of strength as it'd be a radical shift in the situation but obviously it carries its own problems as you expose yourselves. Any attempt to quickly dispatch with the turrets or guards would require a check (I think it'd be opposed coordination) but success could grant a further boost.
Not to be nitpickey, but you mentioned that their was a translator in the room, in addition to the one worn by Chiibiithii. Are you talking about translating for the guards?

Is there a throw carpet that the guards behind us are standing on? It would be hilarious if Chiibiithii could pull the rug out from under these guys! I'd drop a DP for that. what would the check to do something like that be? Im thinking something strength based, but also realize it would have to be done fast so....

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 pm
SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 am

Not to be nitpickey, but you mentioned that their was a translator in the room, in addition to the one worn by Chiibiithii. Are you talking about translating for the guards?

Is there a throw carpet that the guards behind us are standing on? It would be hilarious if Chiibiithii could pull the rug out from under these guys! I'd drop a DP for that. what would the check to do something like that be? Im thinking something strength based, but also realize it would have to be done fast so....
I was not - how translators work is definitely a bit hazy in star wars. In my head I suppose I only have them translating what the bearer says but I take your point. Regardless, you may narrate an assist in any way that seems appropriate; perhaps several of you approach his desk to crowd him? Or one of you plays a bit of bad cop/barely restrained psycopath - "Listen to him, or you'll regret it" sort of thing. Mechanically it's aboost dice but narratively it can be anything that makes sense (and wouldn't require a check in its own right).

Regarding the rug - sure. For a DP you can add a rug under the goons. I think it's a at least Hard (ImageImageImage) Athletic's Check since there's a few of them on it.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:45 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Regarding the rug - sure. For a DP you can add a rug under the goons. I think it's a at least Hard (ImageImageImage) Athletic's Check since there's a few of them on it.
Awesome! I think i will do this. though I'll wait until combat begins or until the coercion check fails, as it would mess things up.

Chiibiithii is still new to the group so he will take his cue from the others at this point. I'll let another character provide the narration for the boost.

Return to “Discussion”