OOC Session 03: An elegant weapon

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
Azzranache
Scoundrel

Re: OOC Session 03: An elegant weapon

Post by Azzranache » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:15 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:49 pm
If chibiithii provides skilled assistance you get to use his 4int and get a boost die. But he needs to join the group first.
Welcome aboard Chibiithii!

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:54 pm

Just thinking about things, any chance I could apply the hilt masking mod at this time?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 am

I had the same question. Maybe I could try to charm Hoss into letting us tinker with some extra parts?

Jesster
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Jesster » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Sorry for the delay. Everything is all settled over here, so I can jump back in again.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Its all good Jesster. Glad things have settled down for you.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi Jesster, no trouble at all. Happy to have you back. I'm just posting to move on, so let me know what you want to do with those meditation advantages here.

@Spiritbw @crazybirdman I am afraid you will not currently be able to pick up those mods here for free - you'll need to gather the materials for such customisation out in the wider galaxy at the normal rates/rarities. But you'll be at liberty to shop on the way to or at your destination as you see fit. (A very small wage is afforded to you, which you will shortly receive).

@swrider I intend to address chibiithii's post in the morning - it's late here and bed beckons!

Jesster
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Jesster » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 pm

Can I use my meditation advantages for bonuses in modifying the crystal later?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:42 am

Jesster wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 pm
Can I use my meditation advantages for bonuses in modifying the crystal later?
Absolutely. Please add the following under your talents:
Learned Something (Ilum crystal modification):
The PC receives a boost to their next Lightsaber related mechanics check, when modifying their Ilum crystal attachment. (one time use)

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:10 pm

Can we purchase R items?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:15 pm

In general? Yes. All the same limitations apply though - they're restricted so you'll only be able to get them in relevant places (black market for instance) and carrying them may arouse unwanted suspeicion. Some items are restrice due to being military equipment - in which case there are likely to be less problems with carrying in many sitatuations. Others are straight out illegal - like drugs. You'll face the same problems as anyone else. basically, common sense will apply.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm

I was looking at the Blaster Suppressor, can’t afford it right now but I’m thinking of hunting one down. It seems like this group leans more towards stealth than anything else. It might come in handy.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:55 am

kanila wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:22 pm
I was looking at the Blaster Suppressor, can’t afford it right now but I’m thinking of hunting one down. It seems like this group leans more towards stealth than anything else. It might come in handy.
If we get the chance to locate a black market dealer, it would be really handy as I would be after a palm stunner for Bardax.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Maybe one day we can do separate side missions for shopping for the harder to find items.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Let me know if the Wookiee translator is annoying.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Im fine with it. Thanks for the translations.

@SanguineAngel how does the timeline line up. I figure Chibiithii has been scouting around the base and working his way in for somewhere around eight hours. The other PCs spent an entire day working on their light sabers. That would put Chibiithii further back in time than they are... but they rode an air speeder back to the base and Chibiithii walked. I am just trying to get a grasp on where/ when the two stories will connect. Is Chibiithii going on this mission with them or will his mission be here at the school?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 pm

kanila wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:59 pm
I am also fine with it - in fact I am tickled! If you're worried about the length then you can truncate it if you feel it's too long but I'm personally not offended by it :) I quite like the effect of speaking in wookie and spoilering the translation, though - it has a nice effect of making it feel like the others understand wookie when I'm reading it.

Also, I appreciate the fun interplay you guys are doing @kanila & @azzranache - it's giving a nice bit of texture to play! Very nice.

As a note to all (except sw) the base assumption is that you can all at least understand wookie - as you've been training with Rashk for years.
swrider wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:04 pm
@SanguineAngel how does the timeline line up. I figure Chibiithii has been scouting around the base and working his way in for somewhere around eight hours. The other PCs spent an entire day working on their light sabers. That would put Chibiithii further back in time than they are... but they rode an air speeder back to the base and Chibiithii walked. I am just trying to get a grasp on where/ when the two stories will connect. Is Chibiithii going on this mission with them or will his mission be here at the school?
Absolutely, I've kept the timings unspecified for just this reason. As you say, with you walking back and them flying - there's plenty of latitude in precise timings. The days they spend making their weapons are days you'd probably been approaching the academy in the first place. But now that gap is closing.

Ultimately, your timelines will converge at the very end of this session - with you stowed away onboard the shuttle as it departs, presuming that's still a plan you're happy with - I'd very much prefer to have you link up and accompany the others, to the point of insisting on it. Having chibiithii run a private infiltration has, I hope, been fun! But I wouldn't want to keep up the dual play indefinitely. (It's also helping me get the hang of running in pbp format when players do innevitably split up, so thanks for that opportunity!)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm

That sounds great. I too would prefer to meet up with the group. While I am enjoying this infiltration, it is verging on being a separate game entirely if the two groups do not meet up. That was not the intent.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:00 pm

@SanguineAngel I was going to attempt the door but for some reason the dice roller has stopped working for me. I have not edited the code for the roller in quite some time so I am not sure what happened.

If anyone else is having problems please let me know.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:29 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm
That sounds great. I too would prefer to meet up with the group. While I am enjoying this infiltration, it is verging on being a separate game entirely if the two groups do not meet up. That was not the intent.
Yeah, I completely agree.
swrider wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:00 pm
@SanguineAngel I was going to attempt the door but for some reason the dice roller has stopped working for me. I have not edited the code for the roller in quite some time so I am not sure what happened.

If anyone else is having problems please let me know.
I see the following error when loading the roller:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting end of file in /storage/ssd1/503/6047503/public_html/gaming/roller/roll.php on line 281

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Chibiithii; Dark Academy:; Skulldugery:
1 Failure, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImage

I couldnt focus so I started working on it. Looks like they may have updated to a newer version of the code I use. It will take some time to figure out all of the bugs, but for now it is functional.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:00 pm

kanila wrote:
I love it!

@SanguineAngel I want to try and charm a few stimpacks from the medical staff before I go. What would the difficulty be?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:26 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:00 pm
kanila wrote:
I love it!

@SanguineAngel I want to try and charm a few stimpacks from the medical staff before I go. What would the difficulty be?
You can have a crack with an Easy (Image) Charm Check. They know you, you're an agent now. It seems reasonable. Let's see Raven's smoothest moves.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:04 pm

I went ahead and rolled initiative. I figure even if you were to let Chibiithii get the drop on them, initiative would be required.
Chibiithii; Dark Academy; Cool:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImage

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Grand stuff: I wasn't sure i you'd have a bash or make a run for it. Hopefully it'll be over in a flash. You do get the drop!
Spoiler:
Both guards are below you at Short Range. They are a minion group. You may have a Image for attack due to your current height advantage.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:57 pm

@SanguineAngel Can Chibiithii roll for strain recovery?

If so he recovers 1 strain. Please let me know so I can update my records on him.
Spoiler:
Chibiithii; Dark Academy; Cool:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImage

Return to “Discussion”