OOC Session 2: Shadow Peak Mines

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
crazybirdman
Flyboy

Re: OOC Session 2: Shadow Peak Mines

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:41 pm

@SanguineAngel I would say that since Raven is a seer, and since that's all he knows of the force, that's how he connects to it. So visions & daydreams. Mostly visual, but sometimes with sounds if is more intense, or he is able to pick out specific details.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Raven seems to work hard to keep his composure - but what sort of emotion would you attach to his relationship with the force? by which I mean - is the force a joyful thing? Is it tinged with sorrow? Are there shades of anger, or righteous fury? Is it a fearful thing or perhaps awe inspiring? Is it entwined with any emotionally significant event perhaps? That sort of thing?

I do have a reason for asking but it is not majorly important so if you can't think of much right now, that's fine too.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm

I would say he feels a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to the force. He didn't really understand that it was the force causing his visions until he was older. Now that he has been to the academy he also feels a sense of purpose. Like the force is guiding him to do something important.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Thanks cbm, hopefully the post does it justice. Hopefully it's clear - you know where the crystals are (not far) but I've obviously not moved you. You may want to interact with the others first or the others may wish to resolve personal interactions here before we screenwipe to the crystals.

@swrider I was considering Chibiithii's lightsaber at the weekend and I appreciate your making it a training saber, however given the impending real lightsabers that the others will be gaining, I think it'd be fair to leave it a real one - it would make a better fit for your back story and is not likely to cause any imbalance. Would you be happy with that as a retrospective change to character sheet?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Would it help if I expand on Rashk’s response? I was drawing a blank at the time but I think I can come up with something if you want.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm
Thanks cbm, hopefully the post does it justice. Hopefully it's clear - you know where the crystals are (not far) but I've obviously not moved you. You may want to interact with the others first or the others may wish to resolve personal interactions here before we screenwipe to the crystals.

@swrider I was considering Chibiithii's lightsaber at the weekend and I appreciate your making it a training saber, however given the impending real lightsabers that the others will be gaining, I think it'd be fair to leave it a real one - it would make a better fit for your back story and is not likely to cause any imbalance. Would you be happy with that as a retrospective change to character sheet?
That sounds good. Are you ok with him using the force pike? I think the states are slightly different than a reqular saber, but I was not far off IIRC.

Lightsaber
Skill: Lightsaber
Damage: 10
Critical: 1
Range: Engaged
Encumbrance: 1
HP: 0
Price: (R) 10,000
Rarity: 10
Special: Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2,
Category: Melee
Indexes: A-CRB:182, E-CRB:167

Lightsaber Pike
Lightsaber 6 2 Engaged 3 3 (R) 9,600 10 Breach 1, Cumbersome 3, Defensive 1, Sunder,

Honestly It is kind of a crap trade as the pike looses vicious 2 only to gain defensive 1 and cumbersome 3. Cumbersome not being a positive attribute.
It does fit his background though so makes sense for the character. Ill wait to make the change until you make a decision. If you are willing to entertain a slight modification, I feel that the lightsaber pike should have a range of short. The whole point of a pike is that it has reach.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm

@SanguineAngel I went ahead and made a post in the IC. Instead of a flat out retcon saying Chibiithii always had the saber, I wrote it up as if this was the first time he was fully able to activate the saber. Since lightsabers are originally activated by the force, I thought this would be a good way of doing it. Let me know if you want me to change it. Thanks.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Ah, I wouldn't worry about that - the lightsaber stat you've listed there is the AoR/EotE default one which is sort of obsolete in F&D - where a standard saber isn't quite as powerful but there's a lot more in terms of choice and potential. I think they created the first one for EotE/AoR games where you just had yer Luke Skywalkers getting a powerful weapon but not going into much detail about creation and modification etc.

A basic lightsaber in F&D CRB is
Skill: Lightsaber
Damage: 6
Critical: 2
Range: Engaged
Encum: 1
Price: (R) 9,300
Rarity: 10
Special: Breach 1, Sunder

The Pike is basically the same but with Defensive 1 in exchange for also having Cumbersome 3 and Enc 3. I'm happy with that since you're not making your own saber and it feels archaic - which is certainly appropriate given where you got it. I actually think it's super cool.

The others will get to make theirs and may also end up with special qualities as a result of the process.

You'll ALL be able to modify and change your sabers throughout play, of course.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 pm
Would it help if I expand on Rashk’s response? I was drawing a blank at the time but I think I can come up with something if you want.
Ah that's okay @kanila - I figured as much but it's just a bit of flavour as we wind down the prologue. I've not been responding only as I'm concious about trying to prioritise my posts during a busier than normal time. I have a draft response half written but if you do want to flesh out that debrief before I respond that's also fine by me - it's as much your prologue as mine, more even. It'll probably be this evening or tomorrow morning before I get the post up anyway.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 pm
@SanguineAngel I went ahead and made a post in the IC. Instead of a flat out retcon saying Chibiithii always had the saber, I wrote it up as if this was the first time he was fully able to activate the saber. Since lightsabers are originally activated by the force, I thought this would be a good way of doing it. Let me know if you want me to change it. Thanks.
Lovely bit of flavour - I like his keying into the dark side unknowingly. And the amusing disdain/reverence dichotomy he holds the others in.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm
kanila wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:27 pm
Ah that's okay @kanila - I figured as much but it's just a bit of flavour as we wind down the prologue. I've not been responding only as I'm concious about trying to prioritise my posts during a busier than normal time. I have a draft response half written but if you do want to flesh out that debrief before I respond that's also fine by me - it's as much your prologue as mine, more even. It'll probably be this evening or tomorrow morning before I get the post up anyway.
I’ll leave it as I’m drawing a blank still haha.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Hey guys, if anyone wants to weigh in on Bardax or Ravens comments this evening then go ahead. Otherwise I'll screen wipe to the next screen in the morning (for reference it's 19:00 where I am now).

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Just enjoying watching for now and waiting for Gavin’s cue.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Not really anything for my character to respond as he doesn't understand what they are saying... yet...

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Does everyone want to try and extract thier own, or should I get enough for everyone.
@SanguineAngel do I need to roll a skill check to mine crystals?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm

I’m on standby until the main group gets back correct?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

@SanguineAngel did chibiithii go with them? Or should I have him do something else?

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm
I think we both are.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm
@SanguineAngel did chibiithii go with them? Or should I have him do something else?
I left this out as I didn't want to speak for you. My base assumption would be that he follows from a bit of a distance based on how you've been playing it so far to keep an eye on them. But you should feel free to post to his actions. I apologise I had intended to post in the OOC about that when I posted IC.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm
kanila wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm
I think we both are.
You are indeed. I don't see session 2 lasting more than a couple more posts from my perspective.

In the meantime, I think we've reached an end point or are near it on your prologue @kanila and @Spiritbw we'll just plug away at yours in the background once you're in on session 03.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:19 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:02 pm
Does everyone want to try and extract thier own, or should I get enough for everyone.
@SanguineAngel do I need to roll a skill check to mine crystals?
No check is required here to remove the crystal. This is what the cutter is designed for and there's no current danger or time pressure. It's down to you guys to play out just how you approach this as a team.

Return to “Discussion”