OOC Session 2: Shadow Peak Mines

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
Azzranache
Scoundrel

Re: OOC Session 2: Shadow Peak Mines

Post by Azzranache » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:15 am

Typical, every other roll when I wanted Light Side pips nothing. Now we want a bit of mayhem and I get two Light!

We could still wrangle some assistance here, I'm thinking a might have another pop at him later before we enter the cave. If successful, he could make good fodder for us (e.g. send him in first, check potential traps, use him as bait).

Maybe the Chief will help us out now or put in a good word, eh @SanguineAngel? ;)

LaGouache
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by LaGouache » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello, I would like to join this game if it is still welcoming new players.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Welcome @LaGouache! :D

Always good to meet a new player. It would be great to have you on our team.

I'm sure you've read through our adventure so far. Have you had any thought about what kind of character you would like to be?

Mine is a rogue/stealth type character who can change appearance (sometimes..) and also has the force power to influence others (sometimes..). The dice normally have different plans :lol:

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Hey @LaGouache, you are most welcome to join! We could use another pair of hands.

It might be a good idea to discuss here how to best bring you into the game too. The two other players are in the middle of their Test to become Emperors Hands. We could just drop you into the narrative with them, or we could have you coming in from another group of trainees dropped off elsewhere. They should be heading into the mines soon so that might be a good place to meet up.

It might depend on your character or influence your backstory. The convention here is to post a couple (or more) concepts in the character concepts sub. you needn't workout all the xp spend yet but race, career, spec, background, motivation, morality would be good so that we (you, the other players and perhaps myself) can see what you're thinking and pick a good fit.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:00 pm

They could be someone from the previous group, that got lost in the mine. Or maybe our host caught them and have them locked up!

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 am

I think that's a great idea. Like a survivor from another group on their trial in the mine that came in from another entrance of the mountain.

Roles to consider that would benefit the group:

Fighter/Warrior/Brawler/Assassin - I don't think myself or @crazybirdman are specifically built for combat. Would be handy to have someone who can fight.

Compluters/Slicer/Mechanic - We'e discovered in recent adventures that we are not well equipped to deal with computers or electronic devices/doors. A tech expert would also be very helpful in these areas.

Happy to help with any ideas you have!

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:16 am

Should everyone be a FaD career or could it be a force sensitive imperial agent (intelligence service/army being force sensitive and pushed to the academy due to its force abilities ) ?

To get in the adventure the idea of being the only survivor of a group previously trying the journey is nice. But since we would not have the mining tool we must have been there by our own without the approval of the academy.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:29 am

Our GM is pretty flexible.

I don't want to speak out of turn here but as long as you got a good back story and a unique appeal, I'm sure it will be fine :)

Had any thoughts about what Force Power(s) you want?

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 pm

If the character is combat driven, maybe Bind or Misdirect, to help being in the front and control the combat.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Hey guys, I'd prefer you to stick to an F&D career to start representing your years of training at the academy. Obviously, some of those careers are less focused on mystical mumbo jumbo than others so you might find something that fits even so. Multiple Careers are an option too though.

Aside from that, the idea of being a naughty student sneaking out to shadow peak seems pretty fun. Bit of a hike! But could be totally in keeping. What are you thinking? Found out about the crystals and wanted in on that action?

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:15 pm

LaGouache wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 pm
If the character is combat driven, maybe Bind or Misdirect, to help being in the front and control the combat.
Crowd control, I like it!

Well we are from Imperial Facilty 341. There must be other Imperial Facilties right?

Maybe from one of those? This mountain could be a universal training ground for many multiple Imperial Trials?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Oh, @Azzranache @crazybirdman, not sure if you're intentionally holding fire but I suggest we play on. Looks like the mines are the meeting point so we'd better get you in there before @LaGouache has their character setup!

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Is the little guy kicking us out? I thought there was about to be a fight? My character was going to look for popcorn :mrgreen:

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:27 pm

So should I try and charm this thing off of her? Or stick with crazy ideas, and I'll distract them and you can pickpocket it?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 pm

:D Hopefully, you've got a few options here but I shan't tell you how to do your job :lol:

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:10 pm

I just want to make sure Bardax is on the same page before Raven tries anything dumb!

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:54 am

It looks like we got the Chieftain on our side for now.

I think charm is a good idea as we are in it's good books.

It doesn't look like Bardax has noticed it, just Raven. I say go for it however you want to approach.

If it doesn't go our way, we'll just have to take it by force :twisted:

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 pm

I think I am going for an assassin character (stealth + lightsaber sentinel). Going to see if I can get the numbers right.
I wrote some starting ideas for the background in a character concept and I will work on it in the next hours.
I was thinking starting dark side but I think I will need the morality xp boost instead.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Ok, I'm going to try and use my charm to get her to let us use the key or use it on the console herself (not sure how well she will understand what I want).

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:12 am

So here is a story proposition. The character concept associated is here.

Sul is a solitary student of the Academy, not being well appreciated by his teachers (due to previous issues with imperial martial justice) or the other students (due to his coldness and arrogant manners).
For his final exam he got sent, along with a group of other students, on a final trial to get their own Kyber Crystals. The students did not work well as a group and had multiple issues on the ascent to the Kyber mines. They just arrived to the summit exhausted and wounded when they got cornered by a group of beasts. The group was almost entirely killed but Sul managed to hide, due to his stealth training and escaped.
Arriving to the mining complex he took shelter to rest.

It is a bit rough on the edge but it is to start discussing it with you.
Some sides this story could add to the bigger picture :
* The beast group may have tracked Sul
* Hoss may not like Sul and consider him as a failure, trying to bring him down or make him fail somehow
* Sul will have to work with a group this time if he does not want to fail again, event if it is kind of against his nature

Edit : this is a proposition for a stealth lightsaber combat character. Using fear of the shadows and (later) Bind to crowd control. If you do not like the story or the character much I can prepare another one with a combat guardian using protection mechanics and enhance. This one could have attempted the trial solo without the academy knowing or having been dropped as reinforcement by Hoss (or another academy master) because a particular danger has been spotted in/near the mines making the mission much too hard as a simple trial.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:45 pm

My only concern is that if you character is 'cold and arrogant' why would they hang out with us? I'd rather not have any animosity/Antonistic actions between the player PCs

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Out of necessity maybe. But this is not a mandatory trait in my opinion, I can rework that part if you want.

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm

I changed the Strength/Weekness to Justice/Cruelty instead of Independence/Cold to remove the coldness/arrogance trait of the character. It may be easier for him to integrate in a group.

The other elements of the proposed background and how he got to the mines stay valid (the character is no longer solitary from the other students and is not arrogant, he is still seen badly by the teachers)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Hey guys. @LaGouache I greatly enjoyed your concept. Particularly the idea that your own team failed in their task, precisely because they didn't work together. That's really fitting, seems like exactly the sort of lesson Hoss would want you to learn and honestly, sounds like the perfect setup to working with the rest of the group this time round.

I have some thoughts about the nature of the tragedy that befell you, which I'll pm you about separately? Nothing changes but some specifics you might be able to use.

I'll leave it to the others if they have a career preference. I imagine they'll be glad for any muscle! ;)

LaGouache

Post by LaGouache » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm

I would take any suggestion, either small or radical changes. Or any thought, of course !

Edit : A proposition for "muscle" character could be found here. The background would be changed but the story that got him to the mine could be pretty much the same.

Return to “Discussion”