OOC Session 04: A diplomatic solution

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: OOC Session 04: A diplomatic solution

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 pm

@SanguineAngel @crazybirdman I am not sure what to do with that information. I was hoping for something a little more useful. My only thought is that the library assistant which is helping us mentioned that he has been in the silverbelt on excursions. Perhaps we could use him as means to get into the silver belt.

I don't know what type of funds we have access to, but perhaps we could offer to fund an archaeological expedition within the silver belt that we "assist" with.

There was also mention of tourist cruises into the belt, that could be a means of entry. Though a cruse would likely be more closely monitored.

I am also lead back to the disease option, but they could always just cull the herds again like they did previously and would not need our help since they can get food through commerce.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Yeah, I think sneaking in would work. We can stoway on a cruise, and jump when the force guides us.
Or maybe can can offer the Librarian a trade. Let us tag along with him and we'll take him with us somewhere? Should I chat with him, see what I can learn about him?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 pm

crazybirdman wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 pm
Yeah, I think sneaking in would work. We can stoway on a cruise, and jump when the force guides us.
Or maybe can can offer the Librarian a trade. Let us tag along with him and we'll take him with us somewhere? Should I chat with him, see what I can learn about him?
It can't hurt to make a friend. Even if we don't use him right away. Though we have been with him most of the night doing research so we probably already know a little about him.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 pm

@SanguineAngel What would the charm check be to put this kid at ease a bit, and learn his hopes an dreams?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:49 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 pm
@SanguineAngel @crazybirdman I am not sure what to do with that information. I was hoping for something a little more useful. My only thought is that the library assistant which is helping us mentioned that he has been in the silverbelt on excursions. Perhaps we could use him as means to get into the silver belt.

I don't know what type of funds we have access to, but perhaps we could offer to fund an archaeological expedition within the silver belt that we "assist" with.

There was also mention of tourist cruises into the belt, that could be a means of entry. Though a cruse would likely be more closely monitored.

I am also lead back to the disease option, but they could always just cull the herds again like they did previously and would not need our help since they can get food through commerce.
Some of the information there may prove relevant later but I like to think there's some good info there to work with too.

Might it help to have a summerised recap of the things you have learned so far?
  • Water supply to the city is delivered from 2 resevoirs situated miles away. Without this supply, the city would not have enough drinkable water.
  • Isde Naha relies heavily on commerce to feed its population. This was intrumental in their survival of the previous epidemic.
  • There are active pirates operating somewhere in the system.
  • Air traffic around the Silver Belt is tightly monitored.
  • Tourists can access the Silver Belt but tours are expensive and tourists require a licence (like a visa).
  • Special dispensation may be awarded to reside in the Silver Belt under extenuating circumstances.
  • Silver Belt clans trade with licenced merchants at designated trading posts in the Silver Belt.
  • The Bureau of Cultural Hieritage, which is responsible for the preservation of the Silver Belt, is located in the Governor's office complex.
  • The Planetary Governor is a popular leader. He holds the power of Veto on the council.
  • Sion Kimmin [Yaw Design Shipping and Logistics] is a family man and philanthropist. His company process the BOSS shipping data within the system (customs and control, transpoder checking etc.).
  • Rego Vertran [Oasis Conglomerated] is a workaholic. His company distributes a popular drink across the galaxy that uses a secret recipe.
  • Rina Lowe [Vortex Technologies] is a well known socialite and risk taker. Her company is very new and develops experimental ships.
  • The 9 Minor council members could prove decisive in a vote if mobilised together.
  • There are many temples and shrines within the Silver Belt. Some clans still visit these places. Some mark temples as their own.
  • You have been able to acquire nice clothing on the Ambassafor's account (whether this is covered by the Isde Nahan government or the Empire is not known)

swrider wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:08 pm
crazybirdman wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 pm
It can't hurt to make a friend. Even if we don't use him right away. Though we have been with him most of the night doing research so we probably already know a little about him.
Oh yeah, you can absolutely have a charm check with the librarian. Success would at the least give you a contact. It's an Opposed (ImageImage) Charm Check with a Image for having spent so much time with him.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:03 pm

So I guess the question for us is, do we want to try to sneak into the silver belt now? Or try to gain access by using one of the other options?

My concern is that if we gain access and people know we are there, won't it be obvious if we take something out? Or are we just planning to report back to our boss on what the power source is?

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Another question here is whether we want to just focus on our mission within the Silver Belt or whether we want to spend time working on those individuals. It seems that if we played our cards right, we could help along the empire's negotiations which may be a bonus side mission ("The 9 Minor council members could prove decisive in a vote if mobilised together").

I'm happy to just continue with our own mission but wasn't sure if anyone had given it any thought?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Our main focus should be our mission. Anything we do to help the negotiations would be to facilitate us getting into the silver belt. The way I see it we have several options

1) Sneak in
2) take a cruse in
3) Try to make a case for Chibiithii living in the silver belt. I.e. Primitive his world colony destroyed (lie) better off in an area closer to his level of technology and development....
4) Negotiate access as part of the ongoing negotiations.
5) Work with new contact to arrange an archaeological expedition or something like that. This may require financing so I am not sure how much leeway we have with that.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Our main focus should be our mission. Anything we do to help the negotiations would be to facilitate us getting into the silver belt. The way I see it we have several options

1) Sneak in
2) take a cruse in
3) Try to make a case for Chibiithii living in the silver belt. I.e. Primitive his world colony destroyed (lie) better off in an area closer to his level of technology and development....
4) Negotiate access as part of the ongoing negotiations.
5) Work with new contact to arrange an archaeological expedition or something like that. This may require financing so I am not sure how much leeway we have with that.
I agree we need to make a decision on what we want to do now.

My comments:

1) This would be the most fun (IMO) but certainly very difficult considering we have a wookiee and a kaminoan which would draw a lot of attention.
2) Pretty easy option apart from I imagine we would be under careful watch. Would maybe involve a big distraction or disaster to allow us to leave the tour.
3) A good reason but would it require a large weirdly eclectic team to do this? We may be questioned harshly on this.
4) The senisble option but could take a long time. Would certainly look good if we gain access AND help the negotiations.
5) I really like this idea. Doesn't seem too difficult due to the reason and would be easier to explain our diverse group.

My vote would be for number 5 especially with the latest development with Leru. 1 and 2 would be my preferred fall back options.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:12 pm

If we are more or less voting, I would pick #2. We can sneak onto a cruise and bail out, then search for our objective.
Although I think we are better off splitting up. We tell Ambassador Dene that we are ignoring the belt until we help him achieve his goal. Then some of us sneak into the belt, while the rest help sway the council. (I like the idea of taking over the local pirates and attacking. Rashk has done it before :mrgreen: ) Then if team Silver fails, team Sway's success will hopefully grant us access into the belt.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Why not go on the cruise and have an ‘ unfortunate’ accident happen forcing it to land inside the belt?
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 pm

That Could work, but it is not like there are not reinforcements to come in and help. We may also be implecated.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:31 pm

we might be able to do our job and then get back in time to catch a ride home with the rescue crew :mrgreen:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:34 pm

That would be convenient.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:20 am

I'm happy with going on a little cruise.

For the sake of moving things along, is everyone else cool with this plan? Any ideas on what our distraction could be?

Couple of ideas:

We sabotage the cruise liner (ship?) -
Cause it to break down mechanically at a crucial/hard to reach point which may allow us time to adequately slip away. An additional distraction will probably be required like a cause a big fight or start a big party?

Missing person -
Half way in we announce a missing person. The missing person would be the conspicuous blonde once I change back form. Perhaps a major search party would cause enough of a diversion? Even if we get caught in the belt, our excuse would be we were helping to look for the missing girl.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:57 pm

We can sneak or charm our way on board. (that way we aren't on the passenger list) maybe you can change into one of the passengers after they board?
Then our gear head can break the ship, maybe taking a crucial part with us?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Just checking in to say I'm still here, but I've nothing to add. :mrgreen:
Last edited by crazybirdman on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:11 am

Likewise. It has been unusually quiet this week.

Shall we just proceed and people can jump back in as and when?

It looks like we are going ahead with the cruise plan. First things first, we have to deal with this meeting. Maybe we can ask if he can suggest a way we can acquire tickets.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:48 am

@Azzranache @Jesster @kanila @Spiritbw @swrider @crazybirdman

Hey everyone,

Things have slowed down here. Apologies - I think this may be largely my fault. I feel like you guys were freewheeling a bit here so perhaps I presented too many options or not enough clear direction.

Let's try to get things back on track. I've posted a new session for a new day on the job. Seemed like the most natural way to segue into the meeting the following morning.

The general consensus seems to be that you should sneak into the silver belt aborad a cruise barge. A splendid idea!

I've arranged a meeting for you with Val Dene who, as Azzranache suggests, may be a useful person to talk to anyway. Let's try to pin your plan down here.

I suppose you'll want to put some consideration into a couple of things:
How to get aboard the cruise (ordinarily you'd need a licence to travel and a boat load of money!).
How and Where to get off the cruise.
Possibly provision for surviving in the silver belt.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Not to mention how to get out of the silver belt.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Azzranache wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:11 am
It looks like we are going ahead with the cruise plan. First things first, we have to deal with this meeting. Maybe we can ask if he can suggest a way we can acquire tickets.
I'd prefer we sneak on, that way it doesn't matter if we go missing, but it does't really matter. We buy/lie/charm/sneak/muscle our way aboard (we don't all have to board the same way).
Then let the force guide us as to where we exit (We can meditate or I can try and use Foresee). We can jump, or sabotage the ship to exit.
Then to get home, reboard the ship (after un-sabotaging it), find another method of transport, or worst case, just walk.

I don't know if anyone wants to stay behind to help Val with his problems

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Chibiithii will want to go in brio the silver belt. He is more comfortable in that environment.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Some go on the cruise and others do a ‘security inspection’ tour with the local government. When the cruise crashes, we could go in with the recovery team as our forces are with that cruise. The reason we would need to go is to insure that this doesn’t become an intergalactic incident, halting or delaying the current negotiations.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:58 pm

ok I'm going to tell him we are splitting up, and not to worry about those of us that are going to the belt. Also, I may as well use Sense to see if I can see what he thinks about that plan.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:26 am

@crazybirdman a bold approach! I think this attempt to exert your authority will require an Opposed (ImageImageImage) Leadership Check With ImageImage because Val Dene holds a high rank and is nominally in charge. :D

Return to “Discussion”