OOC Session 04: A diplomatic solution

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
crazybirdman
Flyboy

Re: OOC Session 04: A diplomatic solution

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:25 pm

I can try a d talk our way out of this, but maybe someone coercing him may work better?
Not sure what our goal in this immediate situation should be

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:47 pm

There's no mission objective to this meeting - though it is certainly possible to gain or lose Val Dene's trust. I really set up this meeting to help you identify a clear route forward, as it seemed as though the group was a little rudderless.

Obviously the ultimate goal here is to get into the Silver Belt. As an immediate goal, you've identified boarding a cruise barge but have not yet indentified any objectives in acheiving that, so I am hoping someone might have an idea they wish to voice or you could, perhaps, ask Val Dene for assistance.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:18 pm

I'm not really worried about how to get on a cruise. This group has almost every skill available. We can charm or muscle or lie or slice our way on board. But we need Val to trust we know what we are doing. His negotiations are like an optional /secondary goal. Hoss may be upset if we mess up the negotiations, but he'll be livid if we don't complete our mission

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:49 am

I think the cruise will be trickier than we think as it appears to be quite a prestigious thing that only the upper class sorts are able to do. Tickets will be expensive/hard to obtain so it kind of reminded me of that film where a guy won his ticket in a game of cards beforehand ;) . I'm thinking we draw inspiration from that and say flip a light side point to find a game of sabaac or something where we have a chance of winning some?

As for the licencing, it's best to keep our noses clean and obtain them but not too clean. Perhaps we see about obtaining these with fake names so it makes us a bit more untraceable and less risk for the Empire? Another Black Market search to acquire fake IDs?

The above information will be fine to explain to Val Dene as he just wants to know about our direction.

Unless anyone's got any other ideas?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:52 pm

We can charm our want onto the ship.
Bardax can shift to look like a passenger and we can pretend to be their onterage/harem/bodyguards
We can sneak in as crew (classic jump the crew and take their uniforms)
Either of our smart people can slice our way in.

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:12 am

All great ideas! And we could certainly have some fun doing any of those.

I would suggest at this stage we attempt to get legitimate tickets. It will make our movements around the cruise a lot easier. If we severely fail at acquiring any tickets then these we can choose what devious way we can get on board.

It appears to be just you @crazybirdman and me at the moment, so we might have our work cut out for us!

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:28 pm

haha, we'll get it done. Things tend to work out for us.

I would rather sneak aboard, so no one notices if we leave, but I would like to watch you play Sabaac again criminals.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm

I'm here but Chibiithii is still staying back a bit as the new comer and also since he is still picking up the language. As a player I am a bit worried about the cruse idea as there are a lot of variables. There will be a lot of variables in any scenario though. Also Chibiithii is smart, but he is also more combat focused. He does not have a lot to offer at this stage... unless you want him to bash in the ambassadors skull or something like that.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm down to try any plan, as long as we can get it moving. Maybe our group is more suited to finding the nearest group of pirates, and infiltrating them (or just replacing the leader)? Then we can get them to attack the planet, proving the Empire is needed here. Then we can ask for Silver Belt access.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Rashk is just being stubbornly silent. Plus he’s a Wookiee, pretty sure he’s like the ONLY one on the planet haha.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:19 pm

I'm with you. What ever we do we should get to it. I like the idea of a gambling game, but what do we have to wager and is anyone actually good at gambling? Perhaps if we have a slicer we can hack the systems and have them send us tickets.

Chibiithii isn't opposed to backpacking in, though im not sure if the border is patrolled or anything like that.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Well, we could split up? Make team gamble and team pirate and head out?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:51 pm

@SanguineAngel What would the check be to get info on where I can find some pirates?
space pirates, that I can convince (in one way or another) to attack the planets incoming cargo ships. Then if all goes well, the empire can come in and offer assistance.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:12 pm

You could find out about the pirates in a number of ways. If you are planning to simply ask around, it'll be a Streetwise Check. I won't set a difficulty/setback just yet.

However, with the vocal consensus appearing to be stealing aboard the cruise barge, and I agree that we should kick this thing back into gear and get moving, I have taken the liberty of relocating the group to the next scene where you can gather intel on the cruise or try your luck as you see fit. Of course, if you choose to pursue other avenues you can do so but you might want to do anything you want to do here first.

Likewise, @Azzranache I am happy for you to flip a Destiny Point to have heard of a Sabaac game during your shopping trip yesterday. As such, you have the name of a venue where the game is to take place (feel free to name it yourself!) and make sure to flip the DP.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:06 pm

I'll forget about the pirates for now. What the check to find out if where service entrance to the building is?

Also im assuming we are all back in our street clothes

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 am

The Sabaac game was just an idea. Could be fun, but could also make things a lot more longwinded.

If everyone is thinking of scoping out the ship's entrances and sneaking on I'm down with that too. I'll have Bardax find a nice vantage point and monitor the ship for a bit with the binoculars. What difficulty rating would you suggest for Perception @SanguineAngel?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:09 pm

The more legit our entrance the better it may be. A sabaac game is an excellent idea. Even if we don't win we could liberate the tickets from their former hosts. Any good place to hide bodies in this area?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:02 pm

There's always places to hide bodies. Maybe not good places. :mrgreen:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 pm

I'm tempted to have Chibiithii go and pee on the ship. Just to see how long it takes for security to arrive. May not be the best way to negotiate a security role on the ship, but it would arrange a meeting.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 am

hey guys, sincere apologies for my recent absence.

I'm in the middle of writing the next post and will have it up shortly so please don't panic - no need to pee on the furniture!

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 am

Alright, it's game time!

So I'm thinking start some small talk with this sullustan and feed him some story that Bardax (female) is some up and coming socialite who has come to the cruise with her entourage to try and meet an agent about her potential acting career however her current status and finances make it difficult to obtain tickets.

We flip a DP for him to let us in on a game of Sabacc his boss has set up where he knows a number of cruise tickets will be on offer.

Sound good?

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 pm

just checking in to say I'm here, there's just nothing for my character to say or do right now. :mrgreen:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 pm

Im at a loss to at this point. Chibiithii is not integrated enough to take a leadership role even a small one. Also his skills are not what would be typical of leading this situation.

Did he notice any patterns with the vehicles coming in and out of the service entrance?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:52 am

Afternoon all, I hope you all had a fab Easter weekend! do you get 4 days like us brits?

I have updated the IC thread.

@swrider I take your point re: leadership, which makes perfect sense to me. Of course, you can contribute OOC in any manner since it's a group game but I suspect @Spiritbw was taking a natural leadership role before unfortunately having to step away. There's perhaps a bit of a vacuum in the leadership space at present in terms of currently active characters.

To your specific question, Chibiithii may be able to intuit something about the trucks' movements from observation. Alternatively, he may be able to follow them or track them down if you wish. If you want to perform a specific action, you can request a check. If you have a specific method you'd like to try and a mind to the type of skill check it might be, let me know

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:14 pm

@Azzranache please give me an Average (ImageImage) Charm Check with Image for his nervous disposition.

Return to “Discussion”