Forum rules

Use LS * Use DS * Update

Next * Update * Edit
SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: IC Session 03: An elegant weapon

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Bardax, Galvin & RAshk:
As you each board the shuttle you climb the ramp into the ship's cargo hold and double back into the cockpit, where six crew seats are arranged (Pilot, co-pilot, navigator, comms, engineer, gunner). The rear of the cargo hold is stuffed with equipment - crates of food supplies and miscellaney. The foreward half has been fitted with a few fold out bunks on the bulkheads but is otherwise relatively clear.

As Galvin joins you and takes his seat, the frission of excitement in the air is palpable. Your first solo run (most of you). It might take a moment to realise, someone ought to take the pilot's seat. There'll be no instructor along to chaperone you on this one!

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:55 pm

"Goodbye, hopefully I won't be unconscious when we next meet my friend." Raven decides he has stalled long enough and make his way to the shuttle.
He arrives to see the rest of the team already seated. He finds a seat for himself before he pauses and ask, "Bothers, where is Tai? I feel we, well at least I, will require a healing touch before this mission is over"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Galvin raises an eyebrow at Raven’s comment.

”I hope not. I haven’t read the packet yet but the basic mission brief suggests we will have erred badly if we get more than a few scrapes.” he says dryly as he tucks the datapad aside for now and turns to the pilots station.

”I’ll start the warmup sequence and get us clearance to depart. Hopefully Tai will be ready to go when we are.”

Jesster
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Jesster » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 am

Tai walks up the ramp to the shuttle with her portable medical gear in tow. It seems she is taking full precautions here as the medical expert of the group, though it may not compare to the full facilities they all enjoyed at the academy. She finds a place to stow her equipment where it won't get too jostled in flight, then takes a seat near the navigational monitors.

"I hope you can fly this contraption," she tells Galvin when she spots him in the pilot seat. "I will see myself to the astrogation charts so you do not get us lost. I cannot heal asphyxiation if we run out of air in the middle of deep space."

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:58 am

Doesn’t look away from what his systems as he begins feeding power to the systems bringing the ship alive. As he works he answers Tai.

”I have been trained In operating most vehicles in the Imperial arsenal. My last assessment ranked me as able in piloting, astrogation, gunnery, and engineering. I may not be an ace however I am more than capable of getting us to our destination without incident.”

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 pm

"Hmm.." Bardax replies absentmindedly, digging a finger around in his ear nonchalantly.

He pulls his finger out, looks at it and flicks away some debris to one side before digging it back in again.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Chibiithii's Perspective

After what seems like a long time and the arrival of several more voices Chibiithii can hear what sounds like a door closing. Deciding to wait a few more minutes he remains hunkered within the create. Suddenly the box starts to jostle tossing back and forth slightly. The giants have discovered me! Chibiithii thinks to himself. He wastes no time igniting his force pike which extends forward through the wooden crate. Chibiithii follows quickly leaping from the crate and yelling in his native tongue "Chi Michi Hii t pichiichii gigi, be chibiithii wichi difiichi holichi"
He is startled as he lands outside the create. The giants hadn't been rustling the crate around. The bird had closed its gullet and its stomach was now churning! Realizing he may have just alerted the giants to his presence Chibiithii quickly ducks between supply crates and attempts to hide once more.
Spoiler:
"You may have the power of the Gods, but Chibiithii will defend himself!".
Spoiler:
@SanguineAngel I had a few minutes so I decided to go ahead and write this up. If you wanted a piloting check I can delete this post and paste it in after that check is made. Also as always feel free to have me change or change anything I may have wrote that takes too much liberties.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm

With Galvin and Raven at the controls, the shuttle is prepped for take off and out of the atmosphere in short order and with minimum fuss. The trip to Isde Naha is likely to take a few days and and as the planet Codia falls away rapidly, you may be ruminating on this fact when a loud noise erupts from the rear of the ship.

There is a clatter of equipment being strewn about and a high pitched chirruping that sounds awfully familiar to some of you.
Spoiler:
you guys will need to calculate the jump to hyperspace which is an Average (ImageImage) Astrogation Check.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 am

Upon hearing the noise, Raven picks up his walking stick and says to the group"I sincerely hope this is not another test, I barely survived the last one. Although if it isn't a test.... " he let's the question linger

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 am

Upon hearing the noise, Raven picks up his walking stick and says to the group"I sincerely hope this is not another test, I barely survived the last one. Although if it isn't a test.... " he let's the question linger

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 am

”aarrragghuuhw aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh.”
Rashk draws his pistol and heads towards the back to investigate the sound.
Spoiler:
”I’ll handle this.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:38 am

”I doubt it is a test.” Galvin comments dryly as he keeps his attention on piloting the shuttle,”If don’t you mind dealing with the issue I unfortunately have my hands full here.”

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 am

Raven replies to Rashk, "Excellent. I will be just behind you, to clean up any mess you may leave behind. " he jokes

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Chibiithii hears the door open. The smell of burning wood fills the air from where he had used the flame sword. Knowing that his discovery was only a matter of time and not wanting to sulk like a coward he steps out into the open. He holds his pike in his had and rests the end of on the floor by his foot. The pike is mostly vertical, but the head is tilted slightly towards the new comers. "Ci Aah Chibiithii."
Spoiler:
"I am Chibiithii"

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Bardax barely moves as those around him grow concerned with the mysterious noise.

As Rashk and Raven volunteer to investigate, Bardax remains in the same position and watches them head off with a raised eyebrow.

He then goes back to digging around in his ear showing no interest in the new issue at hand and let’s out a loud yawn.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 am

" uh, brother Bardax, ", Raven yells back into the cabin, "if you have a moment, can you come tell me if this creature looks familiar?"

Jesster
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Jesster » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:41 am

Tai begins punching in numbers on the astrogation chart while asking their pilot the occasional question about its functions. Her large eyes turn toward the commotion breaking out behind her, but she tries not to pull her attention away from her work too much.

"Whatever is going on back there, it would help us greatly if you either removed or contained the distraction. Test or no test, we have been given an important task to attend to."
Spoiler:
Tai Saifa; Dark Academy; Astrogation:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
After finding the proper route to their destination in the charts, Tai programs it in and gets ready to activate the hyperdrive. "Now I would advise everyone to take their seats. From what I can recall, some starships can make this part... bumpy."

Azzranache
Scoundrel

Post by Azzranache » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:20 am

Bardax's eyes now closed, he responds to Raven's request.

"I would really love to but I got some stuff going on here.." he says drowsily.

"I'm sure you and Rashk have got this.. I believe in you.." he continues as he motions a sweepy gesture with his hand.

Bardax rests his head back against his seat and buries in getting himself comfy.

"Let me know when we're there will ya Tai.." he says as he lets out another big yawn and starts to doze off.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:55 pm

The diminutive Chibiithii stands stoicly facing off against Rashk and Raven in the Cargo bay. Bardax's response is unhelpful but unlikely to be unexpected, though it leaves an awkard silence in its wake.

There is a sudden jolt and the telltale whine of the shuttle jumping into hyperspace. Your stomachs lurch just a little and the floor shifts minutely under your feet. It would be enough to alarm anyone not expecting it but not enough to knock any of you off balance.

Tai, you performed your hyperspace calculations with typical precision. You estimate that you'll exit hypersapce just grazing the planet Isde Naha's gravity well and with a quick glide into atmosphere. With your destination being on the junction between two major trade routes, the hardest part of the calculation is navigating out of the Freestanding Subsectors in which the academy at Codia is located. In all, you would anticipate the journey last 3 days.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Chibiithii thinks back on all he ever learned or studied of the giants back home. The divine language has already proven of little worth, but it may be worth attempting again. He also remembers one of the portraits of the giants of the flame sword where one of the giants knelt in front of the the other. Chibiithii hated doing that but decided kneeling would not remove him from all of his defenses. As such he kneels down his force pike still in front of him and says in the ancient language. "I am hark to wot master"
Spoiler:
"I am here to learn master"
Spoiler:
" I used an old English translator. I love how it is so close to being intelligible, but just misses the mark. lol

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Rashk just snorts at Bardax’s reply before turning back to the small stowaway. ”huuguughghg huuguughghg huurh uughghhhgh aarrragghuuhw uuh awwgggghhh uughghhhgh huurh aaahnruh aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw aaaaahnr aarrragghuuhw wuuh.”
Spoiler:
”Drop the weapon tiny. I really don’t think you want to be spaced while we are making our jump.”
Rashk keeps his blaster pointed at the small creature while talking over his shoulder to the others.
”uughguughhhghghghhhgh raaaaaahhgh uuh aguhwwgggghhh raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw huuguughghg awwgggghhh huuguughghg hnnnhrrhhh raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw aarrragghuuhw uggguh wuuh uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh huurh uughguughhhghghghhhgh.”
Spoiler:
”One of you make a friend on your mission? Cause we have a stowaway that looks a little too comfortable here.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:20 pm

The roaring of the furry giant is mildly unsettling to Chibiithii. His primitive instincts kick in slightly as his eyes lock on that target. If a fight is needed, that giant will need to be the first to go down.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Raven replies to Rashk, "Not a friend, perhaps a fan?"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Once the jump to hyperspace is underway the ship is largely on autopilot till it is time to drop back into subspace. Freed of his duties for now he gets up from his seat and goes back to see what is going on.

Coming back into the cargo area he looks around taking in the kneeling Drall, the weapon it carries and the damaged crate.

“So, what seems to be the situation?” he asks more as a rhetorical question as he comes to parade rest, apparently his natural stance when amongst Imperials.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Chibiithii recognizes the new comer from the mines. His kneeing stance seeming to have little effect he once again stands and repeats his earlier statement in the holy language. This time assisting with hand gestures. "Yfel Chibiithii. I am hark to wot master"
Spoiler:
I am Chibiithii. I am hear to learn master.
Spoiler:
I am hoping that Chibiithii's actions can be used to provide skilled assistance to a kn education check to understand him. Chibiithi has YGGG and provides a boost when giving skilled assist.

Return to “The Story”