Animal Training

House Rules for the Dark Patron of the Temple of Light Game.
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Animal Training

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:17 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:06 pm
Spoiler:
Thew'ruk steps down off his chestnut while still holding onto the reigns of the warhorse. He begins to tie the reins to the saddle of the chestnut so that it can hold the potentially still flustered stallion from wandering off, and while he is doing so he begins to speak loudly towards Oomaq, "You should be careful what you say my companion, the horse is not a stupid beast, but is wise beyond the credit you give them. They are loving creatures who provide comfort in times of hardship, they provide work in times of plowing, they provide transportation when the road is long, and in the direst of situations such as the field of battle or during famine, they are even willing to give of their own bodies to protect the ones they love."

Thew'Ruk begins brushing the manes of both horses with his hands before whispering to them kind and comforting words, "You should remember Oomaq, the horse is truly a holy animal, and will do anything for you if you can only show it love," then turning back to the pair he tells them, "You, my chestnut, I will give the name of Storm Calmer, and you my stallion will be the Storm."
[Is it possible to make an animal handling in order to make [horses] even more attached to me so that future animal handling checks are easier?]
Spoiler:
Thew'Ruk spent a few more moments pampering the two animals while observing the monk in their party searching for his herbs at a distance, and then called out to him, "Ho their friends, might I be of assistance? I lived off this land for a bit of time on my journey to the city, perhaps I know what you are looking for?"

swrider wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 pm
Thank you. I didn't look ic. So the horses are borrowed not yours, so the ones from the order are a simple no. The war horse is more complicated. There is no equivalent to this in the book that I am aware of so we get into home brew territory. It makes sense that training with an animal to get it familiar with a specific rider. The best home brew option I saw was q day for every 5gp of value and a dc 10 check each day... Well a warhorse has a value of 400gp so that is 80 successful checks and that was meant to domesticate a wild animal. I am thinking....

7 full days of training with the horse with a success full dc 15 check. Fail the check they day does not count. Days do not need to be consecutive. 5gp a day cost tools and living expenses. Speant weather successfull or not.

Benefit you gain advantage on animal handling checks to ride that specific mount.

Return to “House Rules”