Evacuation

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Evacuation

Post by kanila » Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Image While the conversation is still happening around him, Rurik is still struggling to imitate the sitting style. Finally getting frustrated he just sits as best he can.”That is the plan as was already stated. Now where is the Master? Behind the boulder?"
Image Meddar sits with ease as he is already accustomed to it. He sits patiently as the others talk.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri May 31, 2019 4:01 pm

Acolyte
Image"I shall leave you, the temple master can provide all of the details that you will require on how to enchant the capital city. " The acoyle says standing and moving to depart the room.
Temple Master
Image The boulder sits motionless in the center of the room. The "temple master" gives no indication of being more than a rock.
[/quote]

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri May 31, 2019 5:41 pm

"Maybe he is the boulder"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Temple Master
Image Some time passes as the group consideres their options. After a whiel the boulder begins to shake and eventually stands revealing a humanoid form. "This scroll contains the magic which will protect the capital city. It requires a substantial amount of Ruby dust as a material component in order to function."
Spoiler:
I accidentally edited this post and had to re type it to the best of what I remembered.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Oomaq stands stun for a second before shaking his head to clear it. "I'm pretty sure I did not expect to be correct in the the boulder being the master. I'm also sure that my life has taken another turn into the realm of the fantastic. Last week I met a talking tree and today I meet a talking rock-man. By the gods!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Temple Master
Image "I am a woman."The temple master says.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:53 pm

"My apologies." He says bowing his head slightly. "I'm not used to dealing with many non-mammalian species."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Image "Thank you Master. Where would be the best place for us to find the required Ruby dust?"
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Temple Master
Image "Azure, the Arcne Smith who operates within the Volcano's core can assist you with its acquisition. The square vents lining the sides of the room heat the monastery utilizing the rising heat of the volcano. That vent contains a ladder which will allow you to descend to Azure's workshop." The temple master gestures with her eyes and arms towards a vent near the middle of the east room. Each of the vents is a square whole in the ground. A shelf protruding from the wall with various plants, sculptures, and other decorations had previously disguised the vents. The vent in question has a vase sitting atop the outcropping. Closer inspection reveals that this particular shelf is on a hinge and can be swung up so that access to the vent is provided.

Spoiler:
Our new PC will be down in this area with Azure, neither of whom are particularly accustomed to visitors in the workshop.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 pm

"Thank you Master" Oomaq says stepping forward and taking the scroll from the Temple Master. "I hope this will do the job. There will be a lot of people relying on this."
Spoiler:
I figured someone better actually grab the scroll, just in case someone says we didn't say we didn't..... :shock:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:18 am

Image Still rather stunned by a talking, animated rock person, Gage nods his head in agreement. "Ruby dust...got it" he thinks to himself.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

The Temple master folds himself back into her boulder shape, his movements so precise the moss growing on her surface shows no signs of having been disturbed. The group makes their way to the indicated vent removing the pot and and lifting the shelf. A clear view can be seen with a several hundred foot droop down into a glowing red cavern. The ladder as described before decends twenty feet onto a wooden platform. At that piont another ladder descends to another platform in a repating pattern untill you reach the bottom. A precarious looking floor of ignious rock is dotted with pools and pits of a molten lava. Adjacent to the latter appears to be the edge of the cavern and a large rock wall acends gradually forming a natural curve. Towards the center of the chamber a large force can be seen which utlizes the lava itself as its from of heat. Large racks of weapons/ armor/ and other metal objects stand adjacent to the forge.

Azure
Image Working at the forge a single humanoid figure can be seen. The creatures skin and hair appears to be caught in flames, though it shows no other signs of injury and discomfort as it continues to hammer away at the forge.
Nearby a large humanoid metal status stands keeping silent guard. A small bit of boss and other plant life, indicates the statue has been to the surface at some-point int he recent past.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Image "We don’t have time to waste. Let us get this over with already." Rurik approaches the weapon smith clad in flame. ”Greetings! We have been sent down by the Temple Master. We seek your guidance in acquiring a certain item.”

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Azure
Image "The Temple Master sent you did she. The items I have ready are on these racks, custom orders are acceptable. I can make and enchant most any magic item made of metal. Fell free to browse."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Oomaq looks around the chamber and at the forge. "And I thought it got hot in the jungle. How are you not hot? I mean look at you you're on fire and it doesn't affect you." He says walking towards the rack the strange being indidcated.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:17 pm

Azure
Image "I am an Azure from the borders of the plane of fire and earth. Land of precious gems and wealth. This forge is barely warm enough to be passible."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Image "Precious gems, you say? Then maybe you have some ruby dust? The Master says we require a substantial amount to activate this protection scroll for the Capital City. The acquisition of assorted metallic items on these shelves will also serve us on our quest."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:08 am

Image Rurik began poking around the assorted items on the table."These gauntlets, they aren’t what I think they are? Are they?"
Image Picking up a lantern that was on a nearby table he began to examine it."Something like this would have been extremely useful when we were exploring that crypt."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 pm

The statue near the forge and Azure moves slightly, turning it's head towards the fiery being. "Azure, I have completed the required amount of meditation the Master recommended, but I feel no different. Also I am still unable to answer the Master's riddle of why a raven is like a writing desk."
[/quote]

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Azure
Image "You need ruby dust, ahh. I happen to have title to a ruby mine on the border of the planes of fire and earth. From there I can get you the ruby dust you require. Seems like you've taken a fancy to some of my items as well. " The azure pauses for a moment as if thinking briefly. "My mine was overtaken by a Dinji, he along with a force of salamanders are keeping me from what is rightly fully mine. I can get you there and provide you with amulets to protect you from the extreme heat. If you reclaim my mine for me I'll provide you with your ruby dust. Additionally, I'll let each of you pick an item from these racks over here as a reward. Each item is enchanted with powerful magic which will help you retaking the mine. What do you say? While waiting for an answer Azure hears his friend speak up.

"Fern I have no clue about the masters riddles. I suggest you ask the three gargoyles atop the monastery, they have been learning from him for years. Their names are Edger, Allen and Poe and perhaps they can answer your riddle. I would have thought you were interested in some action though, after all this time and would want to travel with these fellows to my mine."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 am

"Did I know that you owned a mine? I'm sure you mentioned it before and maybe I forgot. But yes I have not had a real fight in a long time. I will go to the mine with you." Turning towards the group Fern advances. Hello fellows, I am Fern. I will journey with you and fight at Azure's mine. I will gather my equipment." Fern says, moving to a nearby corner where a large ax and maul lean against the wall.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Azure
Image "The mine was stolen by a dinjini a long time ago by the measures of time in this plane. I have been unable to reclaim it for my possession since before we met." Azure moves away from the forge and opens an ornate box. Removing several amulets he moves to hand them to each of member of the group. "Your bodies are not capable of withstanding the heat on my plane. These medallions will protect you and are yours untill you return." Removing a metallic disk from the box he hold it forward. "This items has enough magic to take you to the mine and bring you back. I warn you though, it will only work for one trip. "

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 pm

"Another plane of existence? We would surely die without this amulet! Many thank yous, friend."

"What is a dijinni and why haven't YOU reclaimed your own mine?"

"What are we up against? What 'powers' does this dijinni have? Is it a demon?"

"How long will this take? Will we return in time to warn the Capital City?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Azure
Image "The Dinjinni are genies as you would know them. In this case the genie in question can best be called an Efreeti, the eternal enemies of my people. Their race once enslaved us forcing us to create magic weapons on their behalf. They love to pursue riches and honor often at the expense of others. While the efreeti lives I have been banished from my plane and am unable to return. The Efreeti are not deamons, not as you understand them. Daemons come from the lower planes, Efritis are creatures of elemental power who wield extensive arcane magic. The task should take only moments on this plane of time. The passage of time flows differently on other planes. A single day here is a year on the elemental planes. I can not travel with you, but I will not send you without help. In addition to the item each of you select, you shall travel with these three arrows. Arrows of Efriiti Killing. When these arrows connect with an Efreeti they damage significant damage to the creature. They can only be utilized once so be careful with their use."
Spoiler:
Azure give you a few more details but for the sake of brevity this wiki can give more background

Efreeti
Also dinjinni are a different type of genie, I got the names confused when I wrote it earlier. For the purposes of this game we will simply say that Dinjinni is a name used by Azures race fro all Genies

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:47 pm

As Azure finish speaking a bright portal of flame appears over his furnace. The rising heat within the room quickly become unbearable until you don the necklaces provided. Azure tells you to quickly grab and item to aid in your quest, stating that it will either be the promise magic item or if returned can be substituted for another. He wishes you the best of luck and beckons you on your journey.

Return to “The Story”