Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

In Context Discussion and Story Development.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Oomaq disengaged himself from the couple of children that had recently decided they liked his soft fur and tail. "That may be the best 2 silver pieces I've spent this week, I'm not sure my poor tail could have taken much more of those two." He said rubbing at the base of his tail. "If you guys want to join me in checking it out, I'm going to check the building to see if our missing patrons are alright."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Harvest Festival: Final Preperations

Post by swrider » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 pm

as you move thorugh the gathering speaking to various indivduals you are only able to determine that Lord Larimore and Shor-tay were at the event when it started. No one has seen or heard from cleric bersk, but his reclusive nature does not make this a surprise to you. As the nite progreses a large and stunning full moon can be seen through the center domed window ofthe cathedral. You are informed that when the moon reaches the center ring of the window the dedication ceremony must progress. With only minutes to spare Lady Sol moves to the front of the temple. She becons your group to join here. From the vantage of the pulpit you are able to see that the entrace to the catacombs has been left wide open. Cleric Bersk is a sticker for keeping it shut.

Moving forward to the large stone which tradiationnly covers the doorway you can see the faintents glimers of tourchlight emenating below. While it is not uncommon for torches to be used within the catacombs, a great many of them would be needed to have light visible at its entrance. Looking at each other momentarily you decned the stairway. As you approach the bottom you can hear the voice of Lord Larimore chanting in some unknonw language. A large ceremonal area is found near the bottom of the starts and as you descend you can see Shor-tay holding the bound form of Cleric Bersk. The clerics head pushed back over the cauldron that you had recovered from the area of darkness. Lord Larimore pauses momentarily in his chanting to drop the blood stone you helped recover into the cauldron then in the blink of an eye pulls a silver danger from his side and slits the throat of Cleric Bersk.

One of you must have made a sound as Shor-tay looks directly towards the stairwell a dark glow in his eyes. A deathly hand reaches forward from the cauldron followed by another as a zombie emerges. Cleric Bersk now lifeless but animated stands. From all around you the sounds of the dead soldiers you helped collect can be heard moving and rustling. The Bones of the cauldron begin to float decaying flesh appearing around them and a large central eye appearing. A gastly immage begins to form and Lord Larimore and Shor-tay drop to their knees and bow before the creature.

Screams from above break everyone from their trance. You rush up the stairwell to find that the moon is now centered in the circle of the window. Its beautiful yellow glow now replaced with a blood red glow. A dark clound seems to have passed in the area, feeling truely remanicient of the darkness you before encountered. Undead creatures begin flooding the temple from the cercofogi left on the upper levels. From behind you more undead appear quickly slashing into the nearby crowds. As you prepare to defend yourselves and the others you see the newly killed citizen rise up themselves as undead.

Lord Larimore reaches the top of the stair way. where in a loud voice he commands the undead to capture
lady Sol. In a flash however, she is gone. The alter being situatied near the teleportation stone. Several members of the order of Sol are conjuring teleportation circles and rushing the crowds through. However, the pile of rubys they were useing to effect the spell is visibly decreasing. As you rush towards the circle yourself you see the guards utilze their last gem and jump through the portal themselves. Nearly twenty guests remain, all thinking the same thing, that the entrace to the temple is the only escape.

Spoiler:
First I appologive for taking over completly this is sort of a cut sceene where the campaign take a major turn. Second please forgive the misspellings, I have limited access and was just barly able to get this up.
few details you will notice shortly. THe entire city is covered in darkness as was the cemetary you visited before. Undread from all over the city are rising and each creature/ person/ animal that is killed instantly rises as undead.
You should probably run...

Return to “The Story”